• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm...

1. Chief and Helo: Cool it...

2. Liked the hypoxia scene.

3 "It's payback time" Yay!

4. Stealth ships have their uses!

5. Thanks for the pod cast, was wondering what was going down between Chief and Boomer at the end.

In short, chalk up another solid ep.
    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

After Sharon disabled all the Cylon ships in that 200 ship Cylon attack armada by using their computer virus against them, why did Col.Tie order them ALL destroyed?

Starbuck and Sharon were able to hijack a Cylon transport from Caprica, and Starbuck not only maneuvered a fighter, but could jump it all the way back to Caprica!

So why wouldn't Adama want to cannibalize at least some of disabled Cylon fleet, not simply destroy it?!

After all, half the episode was about how their old fighters were falling into disrepair, and how desperately new fighters, fuel, and their parts were needed.

Comment

Originally posted by packeteer
        After Sharon disabled all the Cylon ships in that 200 ship Cylon attack armada by using their computer virus against them, why did Col.Tie order them ALL destroyed?

Starbuck and Sharon were able to hijack a Cylon transport from Caprica, and Starbuck not only maneuvered a fighter, but could jump it all the way back to Caprica!

So why wouldn't Adama want to cannibalize at least some of disabled Cylon fleet, not simply destroy it?!

After all, half the episode was about how their old fighters were falling into disrepair, and how desperately new fighters, fuel, and their parts were needed.
        Far be it for me to agree with Col. Tie...he's generally a moron; but he made the correct call here.

Their tactical advantage (the cylons being shut down) was given to them by Sharon, who herself is a cylon. They hadn't examined the virus, they don't understand how it works, or whether the cylons could fight it off eventually.

That fleet was large enough to destroy BSG, and they had found a weakness. Given all the unknowns, they had no choice but to kill them. Granted, they could have maybe left a couple alive for salvage...but you all saw the emotion there. The pilots wanted blood. I can hardly blame them.
        The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

Wow. What an awesome ep. My favourite of season 2 for sure, and one of the best of the series to date imo.

Showed how everyone was suffering under the stress, and how a little hope can go a long way. Got to love the Blackbird too. Stealth ships rock

Also loved that they had a Cylon virus ep, as i thought that they were due for one.

A little hint of romance between Apollo and Dee. That was interesting and unexpected.

It was interesting how Sharon used her own virus to cripple the Cylon force. Loved how the pilots enjoyed the payback

The scene where they name the blackbird 'Laura' was quite good too. Brought the crew closer together and restored hope. And the other Pilots accepting Helo after a while was due too.
          Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Boomer pluging herself in was, to say the least, interesting...

Love the blackbird,
            Spoiler:
            shame apollo breaks it in "resurection"
            sigpic
            Beckett: What shall ah say?
            Ford: Uh...Uh... I miss you... I wish you were here?
            Beckett: I wish who was here?
            Ford: Uh.... I dunno who do you wish was here?
            Beckett: Nobody I wish I wasn't bloody here.

Comment

very cool ep the only problem is that do you beilieve the cylons would really send that many raiders other then that i liked it

the blackbird is awesome and i hope it's around for a very long time

Comment

They could have captured more raiders.

The blackbird was very cool. Starbuck's comment about it being a stealth ship was good.
                sigpic
                Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                  They could have captured more raiders.

The blackbird was very cool. Starbuck's comment about it being a stealth ship was good.
                  i never understood why the pilots even wasted so much ammo on destroying them
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                    i never understood why the pilots even wasted so much ammo on destroying them
                    Me neither. They just went on a shooting spree.
                    sigpic
                    Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                      Me neither. They just went on a shooting spree.
                      yup the railders seemed out of it if your barely surving then you shouldn't waste ammo
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I love this episode. BSG was always so good about showing us the toll extraordinary events takes on our protagonists; they aren't super-human and TPTB were never afraid to show us that.

One of my favourite lines from this ep is Tyrol's "Maybe that's the problem." And his determination to build the viper - with help or not - was amazing (not to mention excellently portrayed by Aaron Douglas).

Tyrol (for coming up with the idea) and Adama (for letting it continue) showed great insight into the human condition and the need for hope. It's like Adama said in the mini - "it's not enough to just live. You have to have something to live for."

The final scene in the hangar bay - still brings tears to my eyes every time I watch it. Roslin's speech was perfect and the music, of course was spot on. I still shed a tear when Tyrol reveals the name of the bird. And Roslin's "Kidding..." Nice touch to the scene.

This episode was about hope and reconciliation. Warm and fuzzy is not something BSG does often, but when they do, boy do they do it well. Makes it feel so much more real for its relative scarcity too.
                        "We still commit murder because of greed and spite and jealousy, and we still visit all of our sins upon our children. We refuse to accept the responsibility for anything we've done. [...] Its not enough to survive... One has to be worthy of survival."
                        ~William Adama

All this has happened before. All this is happening again.

Comment

Working...
                        X