No announcement yet.

The Lost Boys (210)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe it's like bugs, some female can became queen and other not, those who can create a new hive and a new colony, in this case, male "serve" the queen, in fact they serve the hive, and in bug's society the queen is the hive, if she die, the hive die... but since we know nothing about their reproduction we can't really say how important is a queen, it could be cool to see a queen layer (like the one in alien vs predator ) (i'm not sure the last sentence is easly understood.. it's late in France lol i'm numb)

Comment

Originally posted by prion
      Of course, once they ween Ford off the drug, they can play the under alien influence card. Still, it's going to be hard for Ford to go from SuperFord to a man in his forties. Unfortunately, there are things one can't do at forty that they can do at twenty. People don't bounce back as fast, and Ford's going to hate that. How are they going to explain his altered appearance back on Earth? Tortured POW)
      Um why would he be in his 40's? Isn't the reason he got such a massive dose of the enzyme in the first place because the Wraith died while injecting it?
      sigpic
      I am Zim, Irken Invader Zim. I am responsible for the safe obliteration of the human race, not you!' - Zim - Invader Zim
      'Don't worry, officer. You are in a filthy Earth brain hospital. Your feelings are normal. There's a squid brain in your head! ' - Zim - Invader Zim
      'Now, to unleash screaming temporal doom! ' - Zim -Invader Zim

Comment

It could answer the question as to why we see mostly male wraith.

The hive queen could be the strongest and most powerful of the female. In Instinct we were mostly shown part of the wraith life cycle. I think if we had seen the wraith child raised up in a normal manner, she might have been raised to become a queen.
        "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
        'Eleanor Roosevelt'
        Individuality is freedom lived.
        'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Is it possible that the queen represses the other females?
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo
            I would consider them queens I suppose. It makes sense, as they seems to be few and far between, and also always seem to be in some position of power.

but,

>>>
            Whats Freddie Mercury got to do with Wraith Queens?
            Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Quote:
              Originally Posted by prion
              Of course, once they ween Ford off the drug, they can play the under alien influence card. Still, it's going to be hard for Ford to go from SuperFord to a man in his forties. Unfortunately, there are things one can't do at forty that they can do at twenty. People don't bounce back as fast, and Ford's going to hate that. How are they going to explain his altered appearance back on Earth? Tortured POW)

Um why would he be in his 40's? Isn't the reason he got such a massive dose of the enzyme in the first place because the Wraith died while injecting it?

Er, that's not me who said that.

Comment

Originally posted by Vee
                Also, all these people wanting to try the enzyme? Uh, I found that hard to believe. This strange man shows up, looking deformed and acting somewhat psychotic, tells them he's flying high on a Wraith drug, and they all suddenly want to try it? I'm sure injecting chemicals into yourself from a hated enemy given to you by a bizarre stranger is something everyone's dying to do. I'm not buying it. I thought the storyline was more interesting when it was merely Ford on the enzyme. A bit disappointing, that.
                Heh, that was the most believable thing in the plot! Heck, people willing drink, drug, etc, all the time in reality, and face it, it's not like Ford walked into a reputable establishment, and these are men (who take more risks than women) and everybody wants to get rid of the wraith, so.... and geez, if they think it's just like a steroid. Just read the sports page in the papers. Everybody's taking steroids just so they can be better. Ridiculous, but not everybody uses common sense....

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                  I think the "cure" for the enzyme is to simply wean your way off of it or go cold turkey like sarcophagi addition... it sucks but that’s what you have to do. I imagine that Ronan and Teyla will have a couple of bad weeks... I think they stopped giving McKay the drug before he got too addicted (if he ever was) or he could have some type of natural immunity like he did with the retroviruses or maybe because he’s allergic to citrus or something. To me he was just acting like stressed McKay, which is really no different then he ever acts, except he wasn’t thinking as clearly.
                  They didn't entirely stop giving it to him, did they? I thought they'd just scaled back his dosage so he could focus on repairing the ship. That's a question I have regarding McKay and the drug. Though there's a quote from PTB that the drug improves mental acuity, it seemed to be only befuddling McKay. Now was that because he was so stressed by the mere fact he was drugged or was it an actual effect of the enzyme?

I liked the differences in Rodney's and Teyla/Ronan's reactions to having been drugged. For Rodney, it seems much more a horror, a social stigmatization (his half-joking reference to being a "drug addict"), than it seemed to either Teyla or Ronan. Is that why Sheppard asked Ford to scale back Rodney's dosage? Because he recognized that Rodney's emotional reaction was keeping him from thinking clearly? I, too, didn't quite follow what the effect of the drug was on Rodney, except to seem to make him more agitated and restless. Is the effect mostly physical, so it just ended up making him nervous since he doesn't expend energy physically the way Ronan and Teyla do?

I speculate that since Part II has
                  Spoiler:
                  Rodney going through actual and apparently severe withdrawal
                  that those two men guarding him are
                  Spoiler:
                  going to force a substantial dose on him.
                  Am curious to see if that will affect him mentally (as opposed to emotionally) in the conclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
                    Well, more exciting than Aurora. I like a Ford centerd ep - and I think he's completly right. Him and his buddies seem to be doing a better job of saving the universe than Shep and Co. So what if there's a few side effects? It's a better side effect than a pre-mature death...which can be a side effect anyway, but at least you'll have gone down fighting. I say everyone on Atlantis should get the Wraith enzyme and start kicking some arse - without the help of polluting nukes.
                    So you subscribe to this whole junkie-warrior thing? Fine...but that doesn't make Ford's actions in forcing the drug on Rodney, Teyla and Ronon right. That's like me being a heroin addict and slipping it in your food cos I think it's the best thing ever. I agree with Rodney...Ford was a total b@st@rd and had no right to do that at all...

I've lost it with Shep. He's such a dweeb, what's the big idea, not telling Ford that the Dart would go into auto pilot. What, he acts surprised when it does then he tries to make Ford look bad by telling him at the last minute?? That's some jacked up leadership. Then he goes and triggers the alarm! What a klutz!
                    Did you miss the clue or did you totally ignore that Shep actually couldn't do anything about the autopilot? It was an automatic response, the same as the PJ has when it approachs the Stargate. In fact, didn't he as much as say that? And while they were in millions of small pieces in the dart, it wasn't like he could tell them, now is it? As for the alarm, well that's academic really isn't it? What was he supposed to do? Sit there and let the Wraith consume him? That ship was the biggest hole in the whole plan. Personally, I'd have expected as much. And who's to say, it wasn't caused by them tinkering with it in the first place?

My god, Ford's right, he screwed up the mission! They'd have been in and out if Shep had just acted like, I dunno, a leader? Not been all whiny "awww, this is a bad plan, awwww, you're gonna get yourself killed, whine whine whine whine" I'm sorry, aren't you like the king of screwed up plans?? Suck it up man!! This is war not Chess!
                    Ford's plan was highly dubious at best. A force that small to take on a ship full of live Wraiths? I don't think Atlantis' people would have been that stupid to consider they could take it on. Call it weak if you want, I'll call it common sense. Ford needs to get his head from up his a$$. He overestimates his own power, even against a Wraith. And to be fair, Shep was forced into this action, again, something Ford did against his and his team's will. If you want someone's help, you don't force their hand to get it. And you don't expect them to make your life easy either. Whilst I don't deny, Shep has made mistakes, you can hardly call Aiden's actions sane, by any strecth.

OK, rant over. IMHO, Super Ford should be leading the Atlantis team (whatever it's called). He's got the chutzpah. Shep...needs lessons in optimisim and co-operation. Yep...
                    Yeah, you know, keep wishing, cos that so isn't ever going to be happening. Shep has one thing Aiden doesn't have - people's trust. People think his cheese has slid off his cracker, and quite right too, IMHO...I'm really sure everyone's going to run to Lord Ford against Elizabeth and Shep, esp when Ford's actions are tantamount to the arrogant behaviour of a Goa'uld System Lord, with his stunt of forcing the enzyme on people.

Oh, and a side note - just a thought...has Ford even thought about the fact that he cannot get rid of all the Wraith, since he's making people dependant on a enzyme that comes for their body? Surely he must realise, that if he kills them all, he'll have nowhere to get him and his cohorts their little wonder drug from...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                    "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
                      Whats Freddie Mercury got to do with Wraith Queens?
                      Well he's clearly much more powerful for one thing (did you see the >>>)
                      He clearly pwns Vader and Vader is a badass who could kill like a thousand Wraith
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
                        Well, more exciting than Aurora. I like a Ford centerd ep - and I think he's completly right. Him and his buddies seem to be doing a better job of saving the universe than Shep and Co. So what if there's a few side effects? It's a better side effect than a pre-mature death...which can be a side effect anyway, but at least you'll have gone down fighting. I say everyone on Atlantis should get the Wraith enzyme and start kicking some arse - without the help of polluting nukes. I've lost it with Shep. He's such a dweeb, what's the big idea, not telling Ford that the Dart would go into auto pilot. What, he acts surprised when it does then he tries to make Ford look bad by telling him at the last minute?? That's some jacked up leadership. Then he goes and triggers the alarm! What a klutz! My god, Ford's right, he screwed up the mission! They'd have been in and out if Shep had just acted like, I dunno, a leader? Not been all whiny "awww, this is a bad plan, awwww, you're gonna get yourself killed, whine whine whine whine" I'm sorry, aren't you like the king of screwed up plans?? Suck it up man!! This is war not Chess!

OK, rant over. IMHO, Super Ford should be leading the Atlantis team (whatever it's called). He's got the chutzpah. Shep...needs lessons in optimisim and co-operation. Yep...
                        How can Sheppard be blamed for any of this? Fords' plan stunk big time. Sheppard didn't really agree with Fords' plan. Rather he was trying to find a way to get his team out of there. His hands were forced when they kept McKay as a hostage. None of them knew the plan with the wraith dart would really work. How were any of them to know the ship would go on auto pilot and be brought in by the ships' computer. Sheppard might have wondered about it but Ford didn't want to hear anything Sheppard might have to say about the plan. It was obvious Ford didn't trust Sheppard but he needed a pilot.

How could one ever think of putting themselves in the hands of a drug addict and that is what Ford is now. I sure wouldn't want to have him as a leader. He is on this high and believes he is invincible. Even Teyla and Ronan understood the problem with the emzyne drug. Teyla brought up the fact that they needed daily dosses of the drug and what would happen should they no longer have a supply.
                        "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                        'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                        Individuality is freedom lived.
                        'Janis Joplin'

Comment

AAAGH! Curse you, TPTB, and your constant cliffhangers!!!

Contrary to what was implied above, I loved this episode (and am quite fond of TBTB for providing us with this great, great show). Humour, action, drama, character bits, and best of all, little-to-no-shippiness!
                          The Hive Ship will need to be destroyed, or else Atlantis' secret will be out and they'll come for McKay's coffee supplies [Arnie accent]with extreme prejudice.[/Arnie accent]. Bring on the shiny space battles!

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know who played the female Wraith at the end?

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight
                            Just out of curiosity, does anyone know who played the female Wraith at the end?
                            She was played by Andee Frizzell, who also played the female wraith in Rising.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight
                              Well, I'm pretty sure it wasn't James Lafazanos.

As far as Shep goes... Well, I agree that just going along with it might have saved a bit of trouble, but I think that once the autopilot engaged itself things were a bit out of his control. And I still maintain that the autopilot was a normal procedure and not because of Shep's gene. Ford might be hopped up on enzyme and not thinking clearly, but if he thought there was a chance that the Wraith would twig to Shep's presence, he'd never have let him fly the thing.

Lucky for all involved that Wraith tech doesn't have the same lockout mechanism that Ancient tech does. Although I imagine it never occurred to them that the Ancients- or anyone else- would ever try to steal their ships.

Comment

Did I actually read someone giving Shep crp for setting off the alarm? Exactly what was he supposed to do? The autopilot took over the ship, landed the ship and lowered the canopy and two wraith walk up. He can a) kill the wraith and thus set off the alarm b) get captured by the wraith and thus set off the alarm.... The only way the alarm could not be set off is if this extremely ill-thought-out plan wasn’t actually followed.

Neither Shep, McKay nor anyone else knew that the dart would go to autopilot prior to the mission since no one had actually ever flew a dart into a hive ship before. Perhaps if they had taken time to think the plan through someone may have thought about how it would be pretty stupid for a wraith to fly a fighter into a hive ship with an opaque canopy and how, perhaps the computer would take control of the landing of the ship. I myself am quite surprised that the wraith transporter doesn’t automatically beam the captured pray into a some kind of holding\processing bin upon arrival. It is quite clear no one thought the plan through and since SG-A1 were all prisoners being forced to follow the bad plan we can safely assume that none of them were responsible for the bad plan.
                                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Working...
                                X