No announcement yet.

The Lost Boys (210)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wondered about the same thing myself. Personally I think she's a keeper like the female wraith in "Rising", not a queen. Maybe at last the Atlantis team will get an arch enemy(in the form of that wraith woman). So we would get a seperate wraith enemy like we have different goa'ulds in SG-1.
    sigpic

Comment

summary please.

it was either watching this or talking to a few of my sister's friends till 5:30 am during her 16th surprise bday sleepover. i chose girls.

Comment

so many good comments already that I agree with...
        I liked this ep! It was great to see Rainbow onscreen again, and I think he had a really good performance...

Also, all the fight scenes with Ronon and Teyla were just awesome! BamBam had to be proud seeing how this ep turned out. The table scene was very cool.. I couldn't believe it when he just pulled her across the table.. and the parts where they were practicing with the other guys.. that one move by Ronon where he jumped sticks out in my mind.. very cool fighting overall! I'm glad they can really use it well in the show.

Atlantis Base offers greetings from the Pegasus Galaxy
        "Just when you think you're not in Kansas anymore, it turns out you are."

http://babyseals.care2.com/
        www.stopthesealhunt.com

Comment

I loved how Shep talked Ford out of giving the drug to McKay. First since McKays mind is wroth much to Atlantis and McKay would be kind of a easy target for drugs. You got smart an genius the difference is the spark of imagination. I am sure Zelenka is just as smart as McKay but McKay has a the gift of a spark that makes him a genius. I loved how mad he became when he found out he was eating the drug.

Would be kind of ironic that McKay opens a can of woopass on his guards by using his brain to escape.

I believe part 2 will have mostly Shep and McKay action. Shep in the hive trying to escape and McKay getting back to Atlantis and the deadalus. The reforming of their communications will prolly result that they can't tell other ships that Atlantis isn't destroyed.

About Fords plan: Well we can't call it a plan can we. I the argument that taking out a hive ship would save so many people doesn't count. the territory will just be scooped up an other hive ship. In Atlantis we see experiments to END the war. Trying to fix the power source in trinity, the wraith -> human drug... . These are war winning solutions. And didn't they destroy 2 cruisers in Aurora.

A love the inside of the hive ship. I hope one day we will see a major villain appear out of the wraith ranks so we can see more wraith interior design. The Goauld seemed like an united enemy in S1 of SG. But then we saw the divisions and the diffirent supper villains. Someday we will see the wraith super villain?
          Last edited by Morbo2; 24 September 2005, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Was a good ep. Bit slow at the start, but kept me interested.

And one of the best things was that we got to see Ronon using his Sword!!! Sword in one hand, gun in the other. Just looked real cool. A little D'Argo perhaps, but still cool.

Comment

did anyone notice in 'lost boys', when ford goes into the bar and talks to the locals, there's an egyptian statue sitting on the far end of the bar, to the right of the bartender? is this a continuity error?

Comment

You mean the Jackal type thing behind the bartender?

Theres also a sort of Greek/Roman statue in the middle of the bar
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

What can I say?

FORD is NUTS!

Rainbow, did a great job. Poor Teyla and Ronan, forced into taking the Wraith enzyme.

I too found the episode slightly slow for a mid-season finale, (whilst SG-1's was fast paced, and was on your tip-toes) , this one was in between slow and slowest.

Loved the fact that Sheppard (accidently) rematerialized half of Ford's team off the ledge and well... FORD is NUTS!
                  Go SG-1! Go ATLANTIS!
                  WOOHOO!

<<Amanda Tapping's the only sweet hunny bunny for me>>

Comment

That's pretty cool. I didn't notice that.
                    *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                    *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                    *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                    *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                    *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                    *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                    *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by Calicto
                      summary please.

it was either watching this or talking to a few of my sister's friends till 5:30 am during her 16th surprise bday sleepover. i chose girls.
                      Gladly! And I hope you had a good time -- it must have been good if you chose it over Atlantis!

Okay, the action starts off with the team hiking through the woods of another planet that looks suspicially like Vancouver. McKay is naturally complaining, but Shep tells him that they're following up on a tip from one of Teyla's colleagues, and that it is important that they keep going. As they walk, the team is suddenly taken down by weapons that kind of look like Wraith blasters and are taken to a cave-like hideout by a group of guys that look like fugitives. When they regain consciousness they are bound and tied, and it turns out Ford is the leader of the group.

He gives them something to eat and tells them the story of how he survived from being swept up by the Wraith culling beam. His enhanced powers from the enzyme helped him to escape, and he managed to find his way to a friendly planet where he was able to convince others that the enzyme was the way to go. He formed a little band and they set up base on their current planet. They spend much of their time hunting Wraith to feed their addiction and training in hand-to-hand combat. It turns out that they've taken to keeping several living, unconscious Wraith in the cave to feed. He tells the team that the reason he brought them there was to convince Weir that the enzyme helps and is harmless...and to demonstrate he spiked McKay, Teyla, and Ronon's food with it.

Weir, meanwhile is worried that they haven't reported in for a while, and sends out Major Lorne's team to scope out the planet. When he can't find them, Zelenka sets up shop to try to determine the last addresses dialed from the gate to see where they could have gone. They have no leads to go on, and Weir is afraid that they won't be able to find the team. The Daedalus is sent for from Earth to aid in the search, but she struggles with the knowledge that they may be dead.

Back on the planet...one of the scientists in Ford's gang takes McKay on a tour through their Wraith study lab, where he tells him they've figured out the Wraith fleet/social structure. They're very territorial and not a united front, and now they're fragmenting even more because of Teyla's abilities. They've taken to reducing the amount of ship-ship contact because if she is able to tap into their network, they don't want to jeopardize the entire fleet.

Ford orders Shep and Teyla to accompany one of the raiding teams on a mission off-world. They see the men take down the guards at a Genii base and raid the base for the necessary equipment and weapons. The leader of the strike team then informs them that the only reason Ford kidnapped them is so they could help with the next mission -- blowing up a Wraith hive ship. Back on the planet Ford shows the team the Wraith Dart ship that they managed to steal for the mission...except it isn't working. They need McKay to fix it and Shep to pilot it. Surprisingly, Shep is cautiously approving the plan and eventually convinces McKay to give the repairs his best shot. He figures it is their best chance of making it off the planet and back to Atlantis. After a brief conference with Ford, they draw up the terms of the deal -- McKay gets his enzyme cut back, Ronon and Teyla will continue to take the drug and train, and all four of them would go on the mission.

The next bit is a series of cut scenes with Ford and Shep drawing up schematics and plans for the attack, McKay repairing the scout ship, and Ronon and Teyla working with the men. At first, the pair are recieving horrible beatings during the combat sessions because they are so out-matched. They are shown to be getting injections of the enzyme by force and they are gradually improving their skills...and becoming more and more dependent on the drug as they do so.

The night or so before the mission, Shep meets with Ford who says that he misses home and wants to go back. Shep tries to convince him they could leave for Atlantis, but Ford insists on staying back to do what he started. As Shep fills them in, Ronon and Teyla chow down on their enzyme-laced dinners. Ronon runs out of food first and blatantly steals some off of Teyla's plate, which causes her to punch him in the mouth and him to drag her across the table and throw her to the floor. They start duking it out with some vicious blows until Shep stops them (he gets clocked in the process). They express concern over how addicted they feel to the enzyme, but they also appreciate how much stronger and confident they are in their abilities.

Day of the attack: The group is ready to set off when there is a change of plans. McKay is staying behind because Ford doubts Shep's sincerity. Shep sets off for the hive ship with Teyla, Ford, Ronon, and the others in the buffer, but the dart goes on autopilot when he gets too close. He is forced to beam them out too quickly, and half of the fugitives are lost in the process. When he reaches the docking bay, he is quickly discovered by the Wraith, setting off an alarm and alerting the ship to their presence. The rest of the team is ambushed by the Wraith and quickly stunned one by one. Shep and the others wake up in a detention cell, but aren't alone for long. A Wraith arrives to bring "the pilot of the ship" to the Wraith leader. Ronon is shot while trying to protect Shep, and the group can only watch as he is led from the cell. The episode ends with Sheppard being forced to kneel in the presence of the Wraith female and the others trapped in the prison cell. Dun, dun, dun!

Phew. Now you have to wait until January to see the next half.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

I dunno, I had mixed feelings about this episode. It was entertaining, but it felt contrived somehow.

Ford's explanation about getting off the cruiser made some sense. The Wraith are so vastly surperior that they probably wouln't be concerned about anyone getting loose on one of their ships. Even as super-Ford though, it seemed pretty incredible that he managed to escape.

Also, all these people wanting to try the enzyme? Uh, I found that hard to believe. This strange man shows up, looking deformed and acting somewhat psychotic, tells them he's flying high on a Wraith drug, and they all suddenly want to try it? I'm sure injecting chemicals into yourself from a hated enemy given to you by a bizarre stranger is something everyone's dying to do. I'm not buying it. I thought the storyline was more interesting when it was merely Ford on the enzyme. A bit disappointing, that.

I did have a tough time getting past the Independence Day plot. Sure, the hive ship is cool, but I kept waiting for Will Smith to show up inside the dart.

Anyway, there was some stuff I liked. We got some interesting info about the Wraith. I'm so glad they finally brought up the implications of Teyla's abilities among the Wraith.

Ronan and Teyla scenes were great. I'm not into shipping, but they had some fantastic stuff going on. I loved the fight at the table, despite the drug induced craziness.

I was also really glad to finally see another Wraith female. I'm hoping there are more on the ships and it isn't just one female per hive ship. That'd be rather disappointing. I'd love to see what else the Wraith females are doing.
                        Last edited by Vee; 24 September 2005, 12:30 PM. Reason: Edited because I cannot spell.

Comment

Them Lost boys were VERY *LOST*!! ...and as Shep and his entire team initially agreed - BAD PLAN, indeed!

This seemed like a study of irrational behavior and thinking -or lack of certain thoughts- making the invincibility factor *trash*, when the flaws in the invincibility is finally revealed. I hear too many tragic stories in real life of this sort, and some (already or formerly addicted?) folks want "pot" legalized???
                          (H*** *NO*!)
                          It's Bad enuff when they (or anyone!) get drunk and sassy (smart-mouthed). People of irrational behavior get big berth areas (especially on the road) in my POV. Unfortunately, they never understand the *why*... but instead sometimes think it's *cool*...which it is NOT.

Sad part of this episode: was Ford's reaction to his family... "they can wait" -because he wanted to *prove* himself to the universe for doing something worthy of gaining his own *honorable* recognition -good cause, but the means in getting there was definitely a BAD plan.

========
                          Loved Shep's final reaction to Lt.Ford's last comments... (skipping some dialogue here for space)

FORD: {miffed} "I can't believe you screwed up!!
                          ....you set off the alarms! ...you *ruined* the mission --!!
                          ....you *want* me to fail... you want me to *look* bad...!!
                          "

SHEP: {extreme sarcasm!} "That's right, you snot-nosed brat! I *put* my team's life on the line, just to *PROVE* YOU WRONG!!"

If in part 2, Ford finally realizes the sheer folly of what was just said, including Shep's ultimate sarcasm, I can only wonder if that is enough to straighten out the messed up mind-state Aiden has embraced as the *only* way to succeed. He's been blinded, even to end, which is what mind-altering drugs do... Valiant is a noble idea, but it's not enough when irrationality takes over.
                          Spoiler:
                          (...I did see the spoiler "The HIVE" photos, but they weren't enough to survive on... and still wonder the same thought. ...and Shep needs to keep himself in a *guarded* state, even if he is freed for a little while...)

========

Oh... and just some *food for thought*...
                          McKay's already *wired* enough as it is -
                          he doesn't need to be strung out and pumped up on pot - !!
                          {...and he took "pot" in college??? did I hear that correctly? super *wired* McKay... at least he *had* enough sense to know what would come next...!}

Bottom line to Ford's *irrational* doped up character, especially in light of McKay's mental genius, whether there was ever any friendship between them in the past or not:

"WHAT were you *thinking*!? ...Lt.Ford??!"

Comment

The episode guide on scifi credits the female as a hive queen. But I'm guessing not all wraith females are queens, especially after seeing Ellia. I'm thinking their society is probably a mixture of human/insectoid since they seem far too independent to be under the absolute control of a queen.

Originally posted by SpyDude
                            Maybe at last the Atlantis team will get an arch enemy(in the form of that wraith woman).
                            I'd love to see something like that! We defnitely need a recurring wraith villian. It'd just be a bonus if it was female. As long as the show doesn't get too close to shades of the borg queen.

Comment

Spoiler:
                              With Ford overpowering the wraith on the cruiser, and somehow making it off the cruiser, I think the wraith would beef up their security. Also, if those wraith kept logs of the people scooped up and where, it wouldn't go too well. The wraith probably realized that a human was able to resist the wraith stunners, so they'd probably beef them up too. Ford really should have found a way to destroy that cruiser.

Unfortunately, the enzyme sort of reminds me of how SG1 got rather strong and stupid in "Upgrades."

Let's hope
                              Spoiler:
                              Ford can redeem himself. This time he seemed less hair trigger, but still just as wacked.

Loved the "Snot-Nosed Brat" line!

Comment

[QUOTE=Osiris-RA]Well, more exciting than Aurora. I like a Ford centerd ep - and I think he's completly right. *snip* They'd have been in and out if Shep had just acted like, I dunno, a leader? Not been all whiny "awww, this is a bad plan, awwww, you're gonna get yourself killed, whine whine whine whine"
                                QUOTE]

Oh! Yay. Someone agrees with me. Throughout the whole episode I kept thinking that if they would just work together it would be fine.

What made it such a bad, bad, horrible plan? (it worked in Independance Day) I'm sure that if Sheppard had thought of it it would have work, right? But he didn't think it up and isn't leading it... so it's wrong.

I figure that it's just my lack of morals. I'm all for making a super soldier.
                                I mean... if it's their choice. Drastic times call for drastic measures. And at least Ford's Boys are being proactive about it. Go in, destroy the enemy. Sure, there's gonna be some losses, but those are acceptable.

They all have this Holier Than Thou way of thinking on Atlantis. We're right, you're wrong.

Look at how much the Boys managed to refine the enzyme, how much they could manipulate it. Think of how much they could do with it if they brought it back to Atlantis.

The whole episode seemed to ignore the realisticly useful, if cold and somewhat uncaring, possibilities of the enzyme in favor of staying on message that drugs are bad. *sigh*

*was that kinda ranty?*
                                -Z

Comment

Working...
                                X