No announcement yet.

Aurora (209)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know some people said that nothing came of this episode but the writers did say that things the team learned from this ep will come into play later in the season. That's one of the things that I like about SGA, after you rewatch an entire season you see that's the writers have been building on the story since the first ep.

Comment

I'm tired, it's 2:12 am here in sydney. I have a small amount of things to say:

1) The ancient first officer was a total babe. Move over heightmeyer, we have a new hottest babe that's been on atlantis. I think Rodney knew the score on that number. And i'm sure Sheppard did too (although I'm sure he was thinking of weir the whole time).

2)um... I did'nt figure out the hyperdrive thing at all until pretty much they said it on the show. Pretty good IMO, I was wondering what the weakness is, but that's probably for a future episode.

3) That ancient First Officer was HOT!

4) Caldwell was a bit angsty, whinging all the damn time. He should just stfu for a bit and let them save the day.

5) And they did'nt get anything other than an exploded Ancient ship, and some sort of "info" that the "wraith have a weakness", they seem to have a weakness regarding get shot with bullets, maybe that was the super info.

6) Why the hell did they need to go on a "recon" operation when they were simply delivering the info BACK to atlantis. If they needed to pick it up, and it's so vital, you'd take your smallest\fastest ship, or your biggest\fastest warship, and then come straight back, not some middle of the road scout ship.

7) The wraith. They apparently destroyed it the first time, what stopped them from blowing it to hell? I doubt the wraith was there from when they killed it to when they reactivated atlantis.

8) How did they get into pods if the entire bridge was smashed. The bridge being smashed should indicate their got totally OWNED by the wraith, and probably would'nt have enough time to get into the pods to begin with.
      Last edited by macktheknife; 20 September 2005, 08:21 AM.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

ok here's one thing i didn't get it looked like some of those pods were on the Bridge but you didn't see them at all when shep was in the VR
        Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
        sigpic

Comment

Why would the ancients need to know the "weakness" of the Wraith Tech when in fact their own tech is superior. Wraith cruiser hyperspace window looked awfully like the Daedalus hyperspace window.

We also learn that they have two kinds of hyperdrive

1. Interstellar-Aurora is equip with. It would take them months to get back to Atlantis.

2.Intergalactic- similar to the Daedalus hyperdrives. I think the Asgard have better hyperdrives.

Good episode, but it went so fast and never got to learn anything from the ancients.
          Last edited by EyeStrain; 20 September 2005, 01:16 PM.

Comment

it was an ok episode, but it frustrated me more than I actually enjoyed it. the possibility for so much knowledge, lost in a hour period...weak sauce

Comment

I hope Joe and Martin read this and wise up for next episodes. I mean i mean with so much potential, give us a little bit! ok so we know the wraith have a weaknes.....fine

why couldnt we learn more about the ancient/wraith war? this was a prime spot to toss some tidbits in.
              come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

I think many people are missing the point.
                As a part of the 'finding out about the Ancient/Wraith war' story-arc or something similar, this episode didn't do the job. But it wasn't meant to. It was supposed to be a one-off, self contained episode - something that I've been sorely missing from Atlantis.
                Me, I enjoyed it. I picked up something wrong with the First Officer (who is hot!) early on, I liked that it was a virtual reality rather than the parallel reality touted in the promos, and you could see Caldwell getting more and more angsty as F.A.R.T. kept defying him, whihc probably won't bode well in the future.
                I stand by my original thought; it was a good, entertaining one-off episode of Atlantis.

Comment

Just watched it and it was pretty good. Using GateWorld's Episode rating system, I'd rate it a **1/2 to *** (I can't choose between the two)

Good parts:
                  Ronon Watching the two guys playing chess
                  Sheppard's team already ready for the mission
                  The ending (the toast)
                  sigpic

Comment

The thing that I don'ty like about these eps, is whenever they come across some cool ancient tech you know it's eventually gonna get the **** blown out of it. Such as: 'Siege 1 & Trinity."

Those scenarios are legendary in the SG universe & that annoys the hell out of me. A bit like Bond & his new car, You just know what's going to happen before it actually does.

Also I'm sure Daedalus could have taken care of the two Cruisers & thus preserved the Aurora for a tad longer before more backup arrived. Essentially enough time to get access from the computers & also get Rodney & the Daedalus scientists filled in on the inner workings of Ancient tech from the Aurora crew by using the empty pods. Like Trinity I'm sure nothing of any real importance was gained from the whole experience.

Lastly it would have been a far better ending to see some of the crew get revived & struggle to their posts on the bridge, if even only for a few secs. To see them go down fighting to the very end before taking themselves out in a self-destruction.

Comment

Originally posted by TOA
                      It looks like we will get the same pattern as last year (inleast on the east coast - iow those folks that get TMN). So it will likely air repeats for the first 10 episodes and then head straight into the back half in late November to mid December.

Folks in the west receiving Movie Central will likely catch up or even pass the east coast in this time frame (Im rooting for this even if I cant receive MC).
                      Actually last year it premiered on November 8th, so if things follow like last year, it should premier on November 7th this year.
                      sigpic
                      In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Originally posted by Beal
                        Pretty predictable, I figured out what the "engine upgrades" were for as soon as they were mentioned.

I liked that scene where McKay woke up the wraith and hadn't thought of what he was supposed to DO with it ^_^

Oh...And yarr ye scurvy dogs!
                        or the way he ran away flailing his arms like a girl and trying 2 shoot it was brilliant acting!!

Comment

I just saw this episode and it leaves me behind with lots of unanswered questions:

Why did the Ancients place themselves in pods, and for how long?

When did the Wraith find this ship? McKay says the Wraith girl only accessed the system recently but it looks like the Aurora already encountered the Wraith a long time ago because it was damaged.

Another very strange thing is that this ship needed to take a message to Atlantis. I believe this was manipulation from the Wraith girl because it really doesn't make sense. Why would the Ancients send such an important message with a slow spaceship? They could have done it with one of their faster ships, beam it to Atlantis or just simply use the stargate! Maybe even the Aurora had a stargate..

Comment

Originally posted by birdieey
                            I probably should have posted this in one of the other threads, but since I like (and rarely get the opportunity to) start threads....
                            That was a great synopsis. Thank you very much!
                            I'm looking forward to the ep much more than I was.

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasDM
                              I just saw this episode and it leaves me behind with lots of unanswered questions:

Why did the Ancients place themselves in pods, and for how long?

When did the Wraith find this ship? McKay says the Wraith girl only accessed the system recently but it looks like the Aurora already encountered the Wraith a long time ago because it was damaged.

Another very strange thing is that this ship needed to take a message to Atlantis. I believe this was manipulation from the Wraith girl because it really doesn't make sense. Why would the Ancients send such an important message with a slow spaceship? They could have done it with one of their faster ships, beam it to Atlantis or just simply use the stargate! Maybe even the Aurora had a stargate..
                              My theory is that the "message" could just simply have been the Wraith trying to get the hyperdrive improvements from the Ancients.

Also, it was clearly stated that the Ancients were in statis for 10,000 years. As for why the Wraith only recently found the ship I think it's because as far as they were concerned the ship was dead 10,000 years ago.
                              sigpic
                              In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Originally posted by Taonas
                                My theory is that the "message" could just simply have been the Wraith trying to get the hyperdrive improvements from the Ancients.
                                The show talks about a weakness from the Wraith. That they are interested in acquiring Ancient intergalactic hyperdrive technology isn't really a weakness

Also, it was clearly stated that the Ancients were in statis for 10,000 years. As for why the Wraith only recently found the ship I think it's because as far as they were concerned the ship was dead 10,000 years ago.
                                Yes, indeed the show says they were in statis for 10,00 years. But I don't understand why they went in stasis. It looks like they were attacked (by the Wraith?) but it's strange the attackers didn't completely destroy the ship. And it's also weird the Wraith didn't enter the ship 10,000 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X