No announcement yet.

The Fourth Horseman, Part 1 (910)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two great episodes in one night, wow. I am crying, I'm in tears over here.

Someone hold me!

Comment

All things we've speculated on. Which makes their "big catch" not all that surprising...not that I mind. I couldn't see them going in any other direction.

It's nice to have so many answers. Now we can start more speculation. I begin to see more clearly the anti-religious themes others were talking about.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Yes it was interesting they overtly pointed out the Ori were into "religion" while the Alterans were into "science". Hmmm creationism vs evolution anyone?
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Aw. I just have the horrible feeling that Orlin is going to die.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
            Aw. I just have the horrible feeling that Orlin is going to die.
            Unfortunately, I think so too. He'll probably hang on just long enough to at least help us stall this plague.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I though the whole science vs religion thing between the Alterans and the Ori was kind of dumb and blatant. I also didn't like the explanation that the Ori magically get more power the more people that worship them. I though that was kind of a lame explanation; I was hoping for something more climactic. That said, I'm glad that Gossett was able to show the internal strife Gerak had going on while converting. It wouldn't have been so clean-cut.
              why won't my sig rotator work

Comment

He probably is but I won't miss him much. He's kind of dry and monotonous.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

GENERAL HAMMOND!!!! That was my jubilant exclamation the moment his voice was heard. I really hadn't been expecting him. I wasn't paying attention to the guest cast when it started, so both him and Bra'tac came as pleasant surprizes to me.

-IMF
                  "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                  "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                  BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

It was awesome being Bra'tac and Hammond again. I know we probably won't see Hammond much, but I hope Bra'tac can continue to be a semi-regular. I love that character.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I have one thing to say after watching The Fourth Horseman.....WHERE'S MY DANIEL?
                      It amazes me that the writers have been utilizing Michael Shanks talents so little in the last couple of episodes. This is the actor that the writers knew was the ONLY ONE who could pull off episodes such as Lifeboat. Here I am watching this episode and I keep thinking, Where the frak is Daniel? No mention of him off on some assignment. Just this unexplained absence that stood out like a sore thumb. I left after the ending shaking my head, very disappointed. Thank God we had some eps like Avalon 1 & 2, Origin and TPTB this season that I can watch over and over again because it's unlikely I would want to watch this ep very many times. Writers of Stargate SG-1... Michael Shanks is STAR material. You are blowing it by putting him in the background.

Comment

I liked this episode instantly as soon as I saw Bra'tac and Hammond.

Also I find it nice that Sam had something to do and Daniel took the back seat, considering the 1st few episodes were basicly the Daniel and Vala show.

Comment

Is it just me or Is Bra'tac looking healthier and younger?

Comment

Yes, I was very pleased with this ep, too! Loved seeing Orlin again, even if it wasn't adult Orlin! He's still so cool. I hate to think of him dying, but they pretty much said he would with Sam's comment "this is a one way trip for you ..." Very sad.

I liked that Gerak faltered when it came to attacking Chulak. It shows he does have some semblence of a conscience. However, he was very creepy as a prior!!

Glad we got so many answers about the Ori & the Alterans. I wasn't too terribly surprised to hear that the Ori are basically lying to everyone & feeding off of their believers, but I had kind of hoped they wouldn't be so incredibly evil. It is more interesting to fight an enemy with good intentions, but major philosophical differences. Well, I guess we still have that with the priors. Can we turn them? Hmmmm ...

I so wanted Cam to win the fight with the sodan. Then he could have said something like, "now can we talk?!" Oh well.

Hate, hate HATE having to wait until January to see the second half!! Waaahhhhh!! (But I did watch the 2nd have of Threshhold--looked very interesting. Could be a good substitute until SG1 is back ...)

I agree with others before me: A for Prototype, B++ for Fourth Horseman
                            Teal'c--what's with the hair?

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                              Is it just me or Is Bra'tac looking healthier and younger?
                              I agree. Of course, he did lose the rubber hat ...
                              Teal'c--what's with the hair?

Comment

I'm glad we finally have a decent answer to why the ancients don't interfere. The more they get involved in human affairs, the more the humans look to them with devotion, the more they get accustomed to the power they get from it, the more likely they are to be come drunk on it.
                                Despite the predictability of the Ori gaining power from their worshippers, that aspect worked to the benefit of explaining the ascended ancients.

Comment

Working...
                                X