No announcement yet.

The Fourth Horseman, Part 1 (910)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great episode. Good to see General Hammond and Bra'tac. I almost didn't reconize Bra'tac without his helmet. I figure it was Orin when we saw someone watching Sam.

But my question, though it might been mentioned, did the Ancients send Orin to help us out just this once to get us on the right tract?

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
      Great episode. Good to see General Hammond and Bra'tac. I almost didn't reconize Bra'tac without his helmet. I figure it was Orin when we saw someone watching Sam.

But my question, though it might been mentioned, did the Ancients send Orin to help us out just this once to get us on the right tract?
      Orlin said that enough of them thought it was necessary....so I guess they just agreed to look the other way.
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer
        Also I find it nice that Sam had something to do and Daniel took the back seat, considering the 1st few episodes were basicly the Daniel and Vala show.
        Correction: The Micheal Shanks Show starring Micheal Shanks and Claudia Black (and a bunch of other people)
        TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Overall, I liked this. I'm disappointed that the Ori aren't actually bringing their followers to enlightenment. I thought that aspect set them apart from the Goa'uld. And I'm hoping that Gerak's transformation isn't permanent, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Comment

I thought Daniel may take few turns on the Ascending machine, so he could be kinda super human. That would have been cool.
            Daniel: You..stupid son of a *****
            Jack: Hey, you're welcome...

Comment

I thought 'Prototype' was great and 'The Fourth Horseman: Part 1' was good except, except, except for Cameron Blight. He suuuuuucked as Orlin. No emotion at all. His performance totally took me out of the episode. I bought the whole "child" thing used to explain why Sean wasn't there, but they could have got someone better to do it. That just happens to be the way that I feel about it. What do you...oh wait, that's a quote, never mind.
              O'Neill: They didn't go for it.
              Carter: They didn't approve the mission?
              O'Neill: Oh, no they did that. Once they knew the stakes and the whole fate of the universe stuff. Both the President and Hammond realized we had no choice. He sends good luck, godspeed, all those things he says when he thinks we're gonna die.
              Carter: So what didn't they go for?
              O'Neill: The name I suggested.
              Carter: For the ship?
              O'Neill: Yeah.
              Carter: Yeah. Sir, we can't call it the 'Enterprise'.
              O'Neill: Why Not?!
              -Unnatural Selection

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                Orlin said that enough of them thought it was necessary....so I guess they just agreed to look the other way.
                I guess then he had volunteered to come, since he knew Sam.

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode - A grade from me. Both episodes just felt "right" - like the show finally hit on all cylinders.

But I now have to wait until January???

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Thought the Forth Horsemen was great and Prototype excellent.
                    The team was back together!
                    Really liking Bill Lee, great addition.
                    Nice to see Hammond and Bratac back again.
                    AncientsTimeline

Comment

The only thing that bothered me about the episode was Gerek in a small way... going from beach head where he was trying to eliminate them to all of a sudden wanting to accept the ori was alil weird i thought.. HOWEVER I really loved the episode awesome absolutely awesome! i thought it was REALLY funny ( i cant believe no one caught this) when that Lt. from the under cover unit said he wanted a spong bath from Dr. Lam and the Col. said "better not say that around the General" and Col. Michtil said and def. not around me! Meaning because In REAL LIFE THATS HIS WIFE! that was funny!

See Jaffa are Crazy! (pic of a Tia food place in the US of A )

Comment

The Fourth Horseman was'nt the worst mid season break but it wasn't the best IMHO. Ok,
                        Spoiler:
                        the world is about to be over run by an epidemic. So was there any mention of Jack since he's in charge of HomeWorld Security?
                        Nothing, not a word. I really wonder about TPTB. Plus, I miss Jack

Poz

Comment

Originally posted by tony
                          The only thing that bothered me about the episode was Gerek in a small way... going from beach head where he was trying to eliminate them to all of a sudden wanting to accept the ori was alil weird i thought.. HOWEVER I really loved the episode awesome absolutely awesome! i thought it was REALLY funny ( i cant believe no one caught this) when that Lt. from the under cover unit said he wanted a spong bath from Dr. Lam and the Col. said "better not say that around the General" and Col. Michtil said and def. not around me! Meaning because In REAL LIFE THATS HIS WIFE! that was funny!
                          In real life shes Michael Shanks (Daniel) wife.
                          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

A second episode, and a good one at that. Hooray for a glimpse of General Hammond! Hope he escaped unscathed.

Well, finally another word for Ori is EVIL. Yet another form of life suckers who favor the humans for sustenance. Apparently we're young but tasty. Gerak has been to hell and come back with a toy and scar tissue. Nice inducement that will be to Jaffa! Nice that Gerak had a spark of doubt before taking the plunge; he was a rebel Jaffa after all.

More technoSam, never get enough of her! I thought it was a littlle tactless the way Landry brought up her connection to boy Orlin. And for Lam to chime in; badly done on both parts. Amanda Tapping played opposite the young actor well, showing how awkward this situation was while trying to treat him as an adult. What a twist for the two. I didn't immediately get that sepia/fuzzy shot as an Orlin pov; I think it was used in Prototype, just before Khalek throws Teal'c and soldiers against the wall. I think. I hope, as previously mentioned, that they find a way to not kill him off.

The explanation of the Ancients' aloofness from mankind was well explained. They do come across now as rather noble, choosing not to leech off their descendents. Not forgetting the debacle with Anubis, however; the Ancients allowed misery on an unfathomable scale in order to teach one of their own a lesson. A turnaround, of sorts?

Mostly liked the story's progression. The onset of the plague and race to contain it (fruitless) was directed well. Lam was featured for a change, in her element. She seems to have a solid medical research aspect, which now I think on it, Janet had, too. Dr. Lee, IMO, is still taking up Felger's space. Why oh why.

The cliffhanger is neat. So much info in this ep, as in the previous one. I feel like I'm going on a real cool and scary ride, and can't wait (although I must) for the rest.

I score this A.

Just sayin'.
                            MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                            sigpic
                            Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Just wondering why Spoiler tags are in use on this thread? It is for those who already saw the episode, is that right? I never read spoilers before seeing episodes, so seeing them here is too like looking at a cut-up newspaper.

Just asking if anyone would kindly clear this up for me.

Just sayin'.
                              MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                              sigpic
                              Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
                                Just wondering why Spoiler tags are in use on this thread? It is for those who already saw the episode, is that right? I never read spoilers before seeing episodes, so seeing them here is too like looking at a cut-up newspaper.

Just asking if anyone would kindly clear this up for me.

Just sayin'.
                                Spoiler tags aren't necessary when discussing an episode on its thread, but some people use them anyway just to be safe.
                                Last edited by cafine_us; 05 November 2005, 08:49 PM.
                                SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Working...
                                X