No announcement yet.

Prototype (909)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done episode. Even though Sam was sent offworld without SG1 early on, the plot progressed to a team effort, including Dr. Lam, General Landry and Dr. Lee.

Yes, Cam was a bit off with pushing buttons on unknown technology that, as Daniel reminded him, he couldn't read. Stark reminder of ...VALA! In truth, Cam was pretty much responsible for everything that followed after, but I don't suppose that will be a factor down the line.

Naturally I loved Scientist Sam, hunting down the mystery of the oops in the Stargate. Technotalk, yeah! And there seemed to be a lot of interplay with Sam and Daniel on the problem, with Daniel speaking some babble pretty well himself. Nice. Liked the actor who was Khalek, great threatening presence.

I haven't seen the second viewing yet, so will suspend anymore analysis. But it does look more like SG1 has arrived than any other ep so far.

Just sayin'.
    Last edited by Traveler Enroute1; 16 September 2005, 07:44 PM.
    MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
    sigpic
    Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

I know I definitely hope for more episodes of this quality. And I think we'll get them.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Oh yeah, that was SG1!! Much, much better than last week!

I guess tptb answered the "who is the leader of SG1" question: giving Sam SG5 to take on her mission, then Mitchell's "this is SG1 leader" ... well, it doesn't get much clearer than that!

Sorry, have to disagree with others--O'Neill would have been just as likely to press that button as Mitchell; if not more so.

Jackson's still harsh. I'm actually beginning to feel like MS is overacting. I'm just not liking this *new* Jackson.

Thought Kalek was a bit over the top, but still liked him. Maybe because he's hot, or maybe because of the accent? Don't know. But, I'm glad he died. We definitely didn't need his brand of badness along with the Ori.

All told, I LOVED it!!
        Last edited by sgatelvr; 16 September 2005, 07:42 PM.
        Teal'c--what's with the hair?

Comment

Not a bad episode at all. But I gotta say I think Daniel should look into a mirror before warning anyone else about poking into things they don't understand.

And, y'know, there's a chance that Fourth Horseman will indicate that Woolsey was actually right about studying the clone being worth the risk.

Comment

A really great episode. I think it really shows how much Daniel really personally hates Anubis. For him to be essentially channeling Jack with a "kill it now" response to this Khalek fella... Daniel's come a long way.

-IMF
            "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
            "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
            BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

I agree with all who agree that this was a good episode. They were a team in this one.

Especially, Daniel's quote about Cam being the 'New Guy'.

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
                A really great episode. I think it really shows how much Daniel really personally hates Anubis. For him to be essentially channeling Jack with a "kill it now" response to this Khalek fella... Daniel's come a long way.

-IMF
                Daniel sure has put aside any excess compassion for compassionless villains. Not only his hatred of Anubis, but what he's witnessed of the Ori and their Priors. Reminiscent of Jack? A bit.

Daniel is past the "let's study him/it/them" if he knows the dangers to others. It fits, as long as he doesn't get trigger happy.

And speaking of triggers, WHY didn't they use bigger guns when they saw how bullets hurt Khalek? Assuming, of course, they got a chance to use them which they did at the end. They needed a Ronon gun; one shot, instant aeration, end of threat.

Dan and Cam, taking down the baddie wild west style. Great shot ( ), a pun I did NOT intend.

Just playin', Just sayin'.
                MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                sigpic
                Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

I enjoyed Prototype very much. Interesting and suspenseful story, good characterizations, great actiing from regulars and guests. I thought the Woolsey stuff was sort of contrived, but that's how I always feel when the realities of government oversight come into play in the show.

I wonder why Cam still has a cut on his cheek -- did BB really cut himself filming Babylon? They don't usually show injuries after an episode is over.

Ascend-o-meter -- funny!

My only complaint is that this week, on top of the usual horrible sound quality my SciFi channel provides, there was bizarre jumpiness in the image, as if a computer somewhere wasn't keeping up with the buffers or something. Drag.

Well done Alan on his first SG story!

Comment

"New guy". .*LOL*

Very good episode. Khalek was nice and creepy, and I was happy he didn't get away to come back over and over and over. Anubis was never a fav of mine - lets get on to other things.

The "old timers" seem to be back to their normal selves, and the newbies have finally fit in.

I love Friday nights.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Okay. Why is EVERY villain in the series some super-powerful creature that takes desparate measures to fight?

WHAT happened to the balance in the series? Even when the gu'ald were much more powerful than earth there was a semblance of balance. You got the idea that some brilliant strategy or trick could win for them. Not with the current villains. They're so much more powerful than us that it takes deus ex machina or giant explosions to kill them.

Lack of balance between good guys and bad guys is making Stargate really bad.

I don't know if the producers read this forum, or anyone connected with the show, but if you do: Please. In part two, bring back the BALANCE! If balance never brings back and the Ori are beaten by another feat of Deus Ex Machina, I'll be forced to personally consider the series finale to be either Lost City or Moebius. (I haven't decided).

Comment

I concur with the majority. 'Prototype' is a great episode, better that '4th Horseman'. I haven't seen that much blood on Stargate since 'Resurrection'.

Anubis. Best Stargate villain to date.
                        O'Neill: They didn't go for it.
                        Carter: They didn't approve the mission?
                        O'Neill: Oh, no they did that. Once they knew the stakes and the whole fate of the universe stuff. Both the President and Hammond realized we had no choice. He sends good luck, godspeed, all those things he says when he thinks we're gonna die.
                        Carter: So what didn't they go for?
                        O'Neill: The name I suggested.
                        Carter: For the ship?
                        O'Neill: Yeah.
                        Carter: Yeah. Sir, we can't call it the 'Enterprise'.
                        O'Neill: Why Not?!
                        -Unnatural Selection

Comment

But it was strategy or a trick that killed him. It wasn't a deux ex machina, it was exploiting a weakness. While Khalek was concentrated on Mitchell and stopping his bullets and essentially mentally gloating that he could, he totally missed Daniel coming in and so Daniel was able to shoot him in the heart and then Dan and Cam made sure the job was done, but good. Took a chance that it would work but it did.

All it took was a distraction and a handgun, an old tried and true trick -- distract them with the left hand and get smack them with the right.

Comment

I can't hesitate to say how much I liked this episode. Especially since they didn't let Kalek get away like I was afraid of (I called the gate lockout, wasn't entirely expecting the redirect back to the SGC, though, but it makes sense).

About Daniel channeling Jack, I think that was fairly apparent from last week's "Oh, but it is!" which is something Jack would say. I suppose Daniel is going to partially fulfill the vacuum Jack left.

Kalek's kill count is 8, I believe. Kind of low for a high-powered bad guy, but I can live with that. I really didn't want another Anubis running around, because he wasn't nearly as cool as the other, more 'normal', Goa'uld.
                            I will rule the world... and find that truly good cup of coffee.

Comment

I get the really dreaded feeling that we haven't seen the last of "Khalek" though. I mean, think about it: If Anubis could, essentially, "clone" himself once, what's to say he can't do it again? And again, and again, and again....

What's to say that that was his only clone child? there could always be more.

*Dun, dun, dunnnnnnnn....* Oh, we are so screwed if there's an army of Anubises (Anubi?) running around in Ascended land.....

Comment

good episode...can't wait till January.....

Comment

Working...
                                X