No announcement yet.

Prototype (909)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A decent episode. But the end was silly.

Lets get this - Carter reprograms the other side gate ( uh, when and why, ok - why is clear ) but she doesn't tell anyone when Khalek goes through that he's coming back.
    I was expecting her to say "Security to the gateroom" so they could damn shoot him when he steps back. But no, she waits till there is a big risk. The other guys could've been tossed around or killed. After the luckily make it, she says -- oops..gate was programmed to dial back.

Its crappy writing/directing like this with obvious hole that breaks it for me.

Overall -- the season began with a big bang but this mid season is ending in a whimper and more and more bizzare for Stargate. Bring back the old magic, please.... and who Ben Browder... he can be completely omitted and people won't notice...

Comment

Had to stop by for this...

PIGGY'S USELESS OPINION
      of 'Prototype'

Excellent, excellent, excellent episode. Didn't recognize the name of the writer... Is this his first episode? If so, it is an extremely impressive first outing. This is probably the most suspenseful SG-1 has been in a very long time. It is not often Stargate gives me that edge-of-your-seat, nailbiting feeling where I'm dreading what might happen. It was there for most of this episode.

Oh yeah... And it felt like Stargate SG-1. Most of this season has been all about new faces, new storylines opening up, fresh take, blah blah blah... And while I've enjoyed it, I've had the feeling that maybe the show should have been renamed to 'Stargate [some other title than SG-1]', season 1. But darn it... This was an SG-1 episode.

Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Khalek reminded me of Sark with superpowers. If you're not an Alias fan, this won't make sense to you, so just move on.

It was surprising at first to see Daniel suggest that they kill Khalek. The moment Khalek talked to Daniel about killing, I knew it'd be Daniel that would ultimately take him out.

Mitchell's still reminding me a lot of Crichton. I wish his character was written better.

Note to writers: We can tell Ben and Michael apart. You don't have to put different color uniforms on their characters. We've got it.

Ascend-O-Meter. LOL!

Comment

ok in the GW spoilers they mention a jaffa telling us about anubis's plans to create an army which purpose was to destroy the ascended ancient by destroying them yes.......where was this in the actual show!???
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

The spoilers were wrong - or maybe they cut the scene
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
              Didn't the spoilers say that Anubis was planning any army of these guys? I didn't hear anything about that in the episode, or what the spoilers said Anubis planned to do with them: Destroy the Ascended Ancients.
              My thoughts exactly. The episode didn't provide any reasoning for Anubis' experiments (thus making the title pretty meaningless) and since he got killed at the end i doubt it will be adressed in the future. Unless they find out that Anubis made more folks like him or something...

Comment

The spoilers were taken from a production draft of the script -- they weren't wrong. These scenes were cut from the final episode. (That's why the site says that all plot info is subject to change during the production cycle.)
                GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                  The spoilers were taken from a production draft of the script -- they weren't wrong. These scenes were cut from the final episode. (That's why the site says that all plot info is subject to change during the production cycle.)
                  wonder if that scene will be on the dvd's when they come out

Comment

Originally posted by deathbed1983
                    this was a great epidsode, im amazed how good it was
                    Yes, this episode really has renewed my optimism for season 9--for a while there I was wondering what show I was watching. This new writer is off to a great start! I loved that SG1 was acting as SG1--everyone had a part to play and they were actually *together* quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                      Yes, but the fact remains that this is now unexplained on the show... And the title makes no sense when we don't know what Anubis' intentions were...
                      Originally posted by jimmytheclaw
                      wonder if that scene will be on the dvd's when they come out
                      Don't hold your breath...

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                        Yes, but the fact remains that this is now unexplained on the show... And the title makes no sense when we don't know what Anubis' intentions were...
                        Probably the only dissapointing part of this Ep.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                          Probably the only dissapointing part of this Ep.
                          But it leaves it open for a follow up ep later... if they really want to go that route. Anubis could have always had more then one lab.
                          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

The best episode of the season so far in my personal opinion. It flowed brilliantly. I loved the "new guy" comment, it was like two friends were arguing about something, it was natural. Put Mitchell and Daniel together more often they are fun. They are developing a great rapport. Mitchell's comment when Sam says, paraphrasing, normal people use 5-10% of their brain. Mitchell immediately says me 5%, you 10% to Sam, it's like her smile could light up southern california during a brown out and it wasn't shippy it was a nice complement. I thought that was cool, I don't know why it stood out to me it just did.

The evolution of Daniel Jackson, well the guy is tough and smart enough to learn from the past, Woolsey should listen to the guy next time. Gunfight on the ramp at the end, outstanding. Awsome episode

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                              But it leaves it open for a follow up ep later... if they really want to go that route. Anubis could have always had more then one lab.
                              Call me naive, but I will be holding my breath, for hope's sake.

And please don't tell me that hope has forsaken these lands. This is not Rohan.
                              Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Like so many others have already said - this is my favorite episode of the season so far. It was nice to finally have an episode that the whole team played a part. Team epsiodes have been some of my favorite episodes in the past. The new guys are finally feeling comfortable to the show. This is the first time I've liked Lam. Looking forward to seeing the next story Alan writes. Fresh blood in the writing pool can be a good thing.
                                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X