Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Prototype (909)

Default Re: Prototype (909)

Memo to all SGC personnel:

When dealing with Priors and/or other highly evolve beings with telekinetic abilities do not forget that aiming for the head usually results in a kill; also do not forget the use of grenades and incendiary rounds.

I have one slight problem with then end of Prototype and maybe I missed it or maybe it just wasn't there, but how in the hell did Jackson get himself into the gate room?

There are two door doing into the gate room. They are just opposite of each other.

So... mitchel needed Tealc with a crowbar and 5 SGC guys, and jackson...

Um.... Teleported with prometheus.

Yeah... that sounds.. good? right?.....
    http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/3033/lucius2sigtx7.jpg
    Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Quote Originally Posted by CorranH96
    Memo to all SGC personnel:

When dealing with Priors and/or other highly evolve beings with telekinetic abilities do not forget that aiming for the head usually results in a kill; also do not forget the use of grenades and incendiary rounds.

I was thinking the same thing.

ok yeah... Prometheus transport - waste a lot of time

Sooo moving on, lol.

This episode was very good, I loved it. The actor that played the Hybrid was awesome, he did a great job portraying an evil dude. The modified Stargate was very clever, it reminded me of the Atlantis Stargate, even though it's not quite.

But I don't understand how the authorization code program worked and how they created it. Anywho... moving on.

Dr Carolyn Lam was such a loving Doc and did anyone love this caring side of her? She was so hot! And for the first time, it looks like the new line-up of cast actually got on.

I love this Hybrid's pure evilness, it was such a change. I loved it.

They want to learn what I am...how I came to be. But you, have you ever taken a life, Doctor Jackson? I believe you have, killed a man.

My memory is so sharp and clear... as if they happened only moments ago. The countless lives my father extinguished, of those that came before him that did the same. *Sigh* Such pleasure it gave them, but I have not experienced it myself yet... does it really feel -- that good?

Millions of slaves bowing before me, a galaxy of desperate pitiful lifeforms at my feet. That's clearly intoxicating, I can almost taste as if it was me there and not those who's memory I possess, oh but nothing ... nothing do I anticipate more than the sweetness I will feel when I kill for the first time, I can hardly wait to watch as FEAR stops a man's heart.

So much more intimate, one-on-one, to watch as the blood flows from his veins and save his ever hope for life. There's only one way to stop it, I know you wish to take my life and I promise you, before this is over, one of us will feel the pleasure.
    How sadistically evil is that?! I loved it.

Mitchell has grown up so much over the past few episodes, he's more head-strong, dedicated and suffice to say, this plot was so cleverly set-out. Poor SS that got fried and shot. I really did thought that the hybrid was gonna kill everyone in the base, before he leaves. Also I thought he was gonna manually dial the gate, it would have been so cool but hey, dialing the gate via the computer, sing his mind to type the gate address, well calling up the gate address was very impressive too.

I had to laugh at the perfect shots on the hybrid's body and blood leaking like water via the col water taps, lol. Also we need more of the Stargate dialing shot on the SGC during lost of the main power - looks so awesome!
    Go SG-1! Go ATLANTIS!
    WOOHOO!

<<Amanda Tapping's the only sweet hunny bunny for me>>

Quote Originally Posted by macktheknife
    So... mitchel needed Tealc with a crowbar and 5 SGC guys, and jackson...

Um.... Teleported with prometheus.

Yeah... that sounds.. good? right?.....
    Well, there are like 500 other people on base besides Teal'c and the 5 guys helping Mitchell. Can we just assume some other SFs with a crowbar had been desperately working on the other door as soon as it closed? Maybe they even started working on the door before Mitchell since most people would have realized the card swipe thing wasn’t going to work after the first try.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Right next to the Stargate, the one I made.

Earth Symbol Re: Prototype (909)

What a good episode. Khalek had me going at first. Then when he decided to be evil, yeech! He was evil! Then his explanations of the Goa'uld genetic memories, very creepy, especially when he was talking about personally killing someone in that detail. Then toward the end, all I could think was he needed was a blue suit with red cape and the ability to fly and you would have Anti-Superman.

Talk about a change of pace tor Daniel, too. Usually he's the one who's trying to say that everybody deserves a chance and at the very least we should try to see what they think about it (think Kira and Reese). This time, he took what would usually be Jack's position, not taking any chances at all.

I was wondering what happened to Woolsey. Sheesh, last time we saw him he was almost likeable. Then all a sudden, he's back in full swing with the threat ot re-structuring the SGC. Glad though that at least he doesn't have a personal agenda like Kinsey did.

Spectacular ending, too. I really thought that he was going to get back to the planet until he actually stepped in the wormhole. Then I remembered, that DHD has that feature that would send him somewhere else. Then when Khalek died, well, he was right. Daniel was the one to take him out.

Overall, excellent ep.
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

http://i2.tinypic.com/20gmk8w.jpg
    Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Chief Master Sergeant yabyumpan's Avatar

Excellent episode. Great writing from new guy Alan McCullough (can we keep him, please) and ditto for Will Waring's direction. They make a great team, I hope they'll be doing more writing/directing together in the future.

Even though I was thoughly spoiled for this ep, I was on the edge of my seat and enthalled throughout the whole thing. Wonderful Science Fiction, loved the shades of grey and discussions of possibilites. It all felt very real and plausable.

Woosley was great, I don't dislike him at all. I thought his agruments were sound (if ultimately wrong). It must be very difficult, no matter how many reports you've read, to truely comprehend the danger and reality on the front line at the SGC. I thoought it was very homourable of him to admit his mistake at the end.

Every other character was great aswell but I've got to give a special mention to Daniel/MS. The change in him when he realised who Khalek was was almost as creepy as Khalek himself. You could just see the fear and anger and hatred rise to the surface. There was a feeling of barely supressed violence in Daniel IMO, like he wanted the chance to finish what he started in "Full Circle". Very well played by MS and an intriguing look at Daniel. As I've said in another thread, I'm loving the Daniel we're seeing this season.

Well done PTB, this is definatly up there in my top ten SG1 eps. Off to watch it again now

Peter deluise made this episode with his greatest direction so far - the camera angles and close up made this episode and was fantastic and deserves and a 5/5 for a one off episode.
    i just love to give and recieve GREENS

A decent episode. But the end was silly.

Lets get this - Carter reprograms the other side gate ( uh, when and why, ok - why is clear ) but she doesn't tell anyone when Khalek goes through that he's coming back.
    I was expecting her to say "Security to the gateroom" so they could damn shoot him when he steps back. But no, she waits till there is a big risk. The other guys could've been tossed around or killed. After the luckily make it, she says -- oops..gate was programmed to dial back.

Its crappy writing/directing like this with obvious hole that breaks it for me.

Overall -- the season began with a big bang but this mid season is ending in a whimper and more and more bizzare for Stargate. Bring back the old magic, please.... and who Ben Browder... he can be completely omitted and people won't notice...

Had to stop by for this...

PIGGY'S USELESS OPINION
    of 'Prototype'

Excellent, excellent, excellent episode. Didn't recognize the name of the writer... Is this his first episode? If so, it is an extremely impressive first outing. This is probably the most suspenseful SG-1 has been in a very long time. It is not often Stargate gives me that edge-of-your-seat, nailbiting feeling where I'm dreading what might happen. It was there for most of this episode.

Oh yeah... And it felt like Stargate SG-1. Most of this season has been all about new faces, new storylines opening up, fresh take, blah blah blah... And while I've enjoyed it, I've had the feeling that maybe the show should have been renamed to 'Stargate [some other title than SG-1]', season 1. But darn it... This was an SG-1 episode.

Khalek reminded me of Sark with superpowers. If you're not an Alias fan, this won't make sense to you, so just move on.

It was surprising at first to see Daniel suggest that they kill Khalek. The moment Khalek talked to Daniel about killing, I knew it'd be Daniel that would ultimately take him out.

Mitchell's still reminding me a lot of Crichton. I wish his character was written better.

Note to writers: We can tell Ben and Michael apart. You don't have to put different color uniforms on their characters. We've got it.

Ascend-O-Meter. LOL!

Uncertain prototype...spoiler/canon inconsistancy

ok in the GW spoilers they mention a jaffa telling us about anubis's plans to create an army which purpose was to destroy the ascended ancient by destroying them yes.......where was this in the actual show!???

You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Default Re: prototype...spoiler/canon inconsistancy

The spoilers were wrong - or maybe they cut the scene
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have. so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Quote Originally Posted by Mio
    Didn't the spoilers say that Anubis was planning any army of these guys? I didn't hear anything about that in the episode, or what the spoilers said Anubis planned to do with them: Destroy the Ascended Ancients.
    My thoughts exactly. The episode didn't provide any reasoning for Anubis' experiments (thus making the title pretty meaningless) and since he got killed at the end i doubt it will be adressed in the future. Unless they find out that Anubis made more folks like him or something...

The First One (Moderator) Darren's Avatar

The spoilers were taken from a production draft of the script -- they weren't wrong. These scenes were cut from the final episode. (That's why the site says that all plot info is subject to change during the production cycle.)

GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - RSS
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Staff Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Darren
    The spoilers were taken from a production draft of the script -- they weren't wrong. These scenes were cut from the final episode. (That's why the site says that all plot info is subject to change during the production cycle.)
    wonder if that scene will be on the dvd's when they come out

Quote Originally Posted by deathbed1983
    this was a great epidsode, im amazed how good it was
    Yes, this episode really has renewed my optimism for season 9--for a while there I was wondering what show I was watching. This new writer is off to a great start! I loved that SG1 was acting as SG1--everyone had a part to play and they were actually *together* quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren
    Yes, but the fact remains that this is now unexplained on the show... And the title makes no sense when we don't know what Anubis' intentions were...
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmytheclaw
    wonder if that scene will be on the dvd's when they come out
    Don't hold your breath...

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast