Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Prototype (909)

Chief Master Sergeant USS Thunderchild's Avatar

Default Re: Prototype (909)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Buddha
    Don't give the writers any further encouragment. We need them to just say no to rehashed enemies. I'm not opposed to the idea of a Mattathias2.0, but Anubis version 24.2 is out!
    I'd rather a nuanced performance from a rehash than an overtly "stargate" acting job from a new baddie (aka that british ori). Just sayin. not bad mouthin the gate y'all.
    Teal'c: I believe a medical attack could be successful.
    Jack: Surgical attack Teal'c. It's called a surgical attack.

I'm glad they packaged the episodes together because on its own Prototype is somewhat anticlimactic. It does give some excellent info on the Ancients though and cleared up quite a few things.
    The one thing it does prove is what I've always believed: Always listen to Daniel. It will save you much headache.

Khalek was kind of hot. Love his accent.

For the first time I begin to understand why everyone thinks Daniel's a little harsh this season but I still feel it's justified, especially after this episode. We finally have a guy who knows how to learn from past mistakes. Woolsey obviously isn't one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by MarshAngel
    OMG YES!! I thought the same thing!!
    Oh brother, I'm getting off-topic.

Did anyone else think he kinda resembled the main guy in The Dead Zone?

Quote Originally Posted by MarshAngel
    I'm glad they packaged the episodes together because on its own Prototype is somewhat anticlimactic. It does give some excellent info on the Ancients though and cleared up quite a few things.
    The one thing it does prove is what I've always believed: Always listen to Daniel. It will save you much headache.

For the first time I begin to understand why everyone thinks Daniel's a little harsh this season but I still feel it's justified, especially after this episode. We finally have a guy who knows how to learn from past mistakes. Woolsey obviously isn't one of those.
    Prototype was anti climatic or four Hourseman I?
    I guess we learned about anceints in both eps.

Not to steal your quote but "the one thing it does prove is what I've always believed:" Dont randomly push buttons.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Well, Prototype was, for me, boring. The little guy seemed too sinister for his own good. While it's always fun seeing a telekenetic person, it just wasn't as cool as it could have been. I keep getting the feeling that there's a whole new writing staff who needs to watch S1-7 of SG or at the very least, re-watch it.

A few nitpicks:

Why's Mitch gotta wear a hat? Jack's the hat wearer! You're only digging your own grave, buster!!

I'm getting a tad sick of Teal'c and his arms. I mean, yay for skin but...really, does he believe in shirts anymore? And I don't mean those stripper shirts.

It seemed awful quick for Daniel to realize the dude was a genetic clone. I'd have prefered it if Khalik had given himself away. Show me, don't tell me!!

How did Carter know - or guess so quickly - that he heard them. Do genetic clones have a tendancy of aquiring super-ears? What's her secret? Did JM give something away when he said in his fake spoilers she's a secret empath? Hmmm?

And WHY would Khalik use his oh-so-cool-and-not-the-least-bit-matrix-ey powers of telekenetics to use the keyboard to dial up the gate? The Asgard didn't. Linea didn't as far as I know... The Ancients certainly don't have to...whats up?

An interesting bit of trivia, in the arabic language, the name Khalik, alternatley spelled Khaliq is a word and a name of God meaning Creator or Creation. I'm guessing TPTB did their research.

I thought 4H was a bit anti climatic after Prototype, but Proto was intense.

Quote Originally Posted by AGateFan
    Prototype was anti climatic or four Hourseman I?
    I guess we learned about anceints in both eps.

Not to steal your quote but "the one thing it does prove is what I've always believed:" Dont randomly push buttons.
    That was my second thought. "New guy" indeed. Even Oneill wouldn't have done anything that stupid. Haven't they developed off world rules by now with all they've experienced?

rule #1. Don't touch wierd technology you don't understand.

Was lam wearing a suit and if not, why isn't she infected? Wasn't she one of the first people to examine the off world teams?
    http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a4...l/07e875d8.jpg
    "You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-RA
    Snip
    Why's Mitch gotta wear a hat? Jack's the hat wearer! You're only digging your own grave, buster!!
    All Air Force personal are required to wear "cover" while out of doors so that is for realism, which Im all for. Funny they still wore black in the forest, but Walters wearing green in the SGC . But I guess they did want to be seen
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

Man, that was an awesome episode. It blew my expectations totally out of the water. And how about that Khalek, huh? I thought the actor who played him did an excellent job. Tptb definitely did not let down in this one. This and "The Fourth Horseman Part 1" really reinforced my faith in the direction of this season.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Staff Sergeant

Default Re: So Far, So Good (Prototype)

Quote Originally Posted by AGateFan
    Yes that was indeed a great SG-1 ep. It has given me some hope again. I laughed I had chills, I cheered..
    Spoiler:
    shoot him some more!!!!
    Yeah, the amount of bullets was awesomely unnecesary. I emphasise the awesome part.

It's nice to have some good action sequences in SG-1 again. Right now BSG totally dominates in that field, but SG-1 has had some scenes where Teal'c just like unleashes on some people.
    'GO TELL YOUR KINSMAN THAT TEAL'C HAS RETURNED TO CHULAK!'
    why won't my sig rotator work

Thumbs up Re: Prototype (909)

Well done episode. Even though Sam was sent offworld without SG1 early on, the plot progressed to a team effort, including Dr. Lam, General Landry and Dr. Lee.

Yes, Cam was a bit off with pushing buttons on unknown technology that, as Daniel reminded him, he couldn't read. Stark reminder of ...VALA! In truth, Cam was pretty much responsible for everything that followed after, but I don't suppose that will be a factor down the line.

Naturally I loved Scientist Sam, hunting down the mystery of the oops in the Stargate. Technotalk, yeah! And there seemed to be a lot of interplay with Sam and Daniel on the problem, with Daniel speaking some babble pretty well himself. Nice. Liked the actor who was Khalek, great threatening presence.

I haven't seen the second viewing yet, so will suspend anymore analysis. But it does look more like SG1 has arrived than any other ep so far.

Just sayin'.
    Last edited by Traveler Enroute1; September 16th, 2005 at 07:44 PM.
    MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!

Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

I know I definitely hope for more episodes of this quality. And I think we'll get them.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Oh yeah, that was SG1!! Much, much better than last week!

I guess tptb answered the "who is the leader of SG1" question: giving Sam SG5 to take on her mission, then Mitchell's "this is SG1 leader" ... well, it doesn't get much clearer than that!

Sorry, have to disagree with others--O'Neill would have been just as likely to press that button as Mitchell; if not more so.

Jackson's still harsh. I'm actually beginning to feel like MS is overacting. I'm just not liking this *new* Jackson.

Thought Kalek was a bit over the top, but still liked him. Maybe because he's hot, or maybe because of the accent? Don't know. But, I'm glad he died. We definitely didn't need his brand of badness along with the Ori.

All told, I LOVED it!!
    Last edited by sgatelvr; September 16th, 2005 at 07:42 PM.

Not a bad episode at all. But I gotta say I think Daniel should look into a mirror before warning anyone else about poking into things they don't understand.

And, y'know, there's a chance that Fourth Horseman will indicate that Woolsey was actually right about studying the clone being worth the risk.

A really great episode. I think it really shows how much Daniel really personally hates Anubis. For him to be essentially channeling Jack with a "kill it now" response to this Khalek fella... Daniel's come a long way.

-IMF
    "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
    "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
    BAD WOLF!!!

I agree with all who agree that this was a good episode. They were a team in this one.

Especially, Daniel's quote about Cam being the 'New Guy'.

Thumbs up Re: Prototype (909)

Quote Originally Posted by IMForeman
    A really great episode. I think it really shows how much Daniel really personally hates Anubis. For him to be essentially channeling Jack with a "kill it now" response to this Khalek fella... Daniel's come a long way.

-IMF
    Daniel sure has put aside any excess compassion for compassionless villains. Not only his hatred of Anubis, but what he's witnessed of the Ori and their Priors. Reminiscent of Jack? A bit.

Daniel is past the "let's study him/it/them" if he knows the dangers to others. It fits, as long as he doesn't get trigger happy.

And speaking of triggers, WHY didn't they use bigger guns when they saw how bullets hurt Khalek? Assuming, of course, they got a chance to use them which they did at the end. They needed a Ronon gun; one shot, instant aeration, end of threat.

Dan and Cam, taking down the baddie wild west style. Great shot ( ), a pun I did NOT intend.

Just playin', Just sayin'.
    MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!

Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

I enjoyed Prototype very much. Interesting and suspenseful story, good characterizations, great actiing from regulars and guests. I thought the Woolsey stuff was sort of contrived, but that's how I always feel when the realities of government oversight come into play in the show.

I wonder why Cam still has a cut on his cheek -- did BB really cut himself filming Babylon? They don't usually show injuries after an episode is over.

Ascend-o-meter -- funny!

My only complaint is that this week, on top of the usual horrible sound quality my SciFi channel provides, there was bizarre jumpiness in the image, as if a computer somewhere wasn't keeping up with the buffers or something. Drag.

Well done Alan on his first SG story!

Don't know as I'm shrill and ill-informed

"New guy". .*LOL*

Very good episode. Khalek was nice and creepy, and I was happy he didn't get away to come back over and over and over. Anubis was never a fav of mine - lets get on to other things.

The "old timers" seem to be back to their normal selves, and the newbies have finally fit in.

I love Friday nights.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/joesmom1/Kitty.bmp

When all else fails, change channels.

Chief Master Sergeant

Okay. Why is EVERY villain in the series some super-powerful creature that takes desparate measures to fight?

WHAT happened to the balance in the series? Even when the gu'ald were much more powerful than earth there was a semblance of balance. You got the idea that some brilliant strategy or trick could win for them. Not with the current villains. They're so much more powerful than us that it takes deus ex machina or giant explosions to kill them.

Lack of balance between good guys and bad guys is making Stargate really bad.

I don't know if the producers read this forum, or anyone connected with the show, but if you do: Please. In part two, bring back the BALANCE! If balance never brings back and the Ori are beaten by another feat of Deus Ex Machina, I'll be forced to personally consider the series finale to be either Lost City or Moebius. (I haven't decided).

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast