Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Babylon (908)

Stargate Babylon (908)

Visit the Episode GuideSG-1 SEASON NINE
    BABYLON
    EPISODE NUMBER - 908

Colonel Mitchell is injured in a skirmish with a warrior from a mythic tribe of rebel Jaffa, and is trained in their fighting techniques only so that he may engage in a ritual battle to the death.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    SPOILERS! PHOTOS! AND MORE!
    Last edited by Darren; January 24th, 2007 at 02:44 PM.

Default Well that episode was uneventful

Nothing really exciting happend, eh?

Default Re: Well that episode was uneventful

Nope. Pretty unimpressive. And, I have to say, who the heck replaced Sam, Daniel and Teal'c with a bunch of jerks? They are mean and grumpy. If I were Mitchell, I'd be marching in to Landry's office and asking to pick my own team, as originally instructed.

You know, I have waited very patiently to see this team come together, but it looks like the original three are just acting bitter at being brought back to SG1. I'm am beginning to feel really sorry I've wasted my time with this season. With two eps left, I'm not very hopeful that it will improve. What a pity.

Second Lieutenant

I thought the season was twenty episodes long.

Anyways, the first thing I noticed about this episode (which I didn't finish watching cause I ran to the liquor store instead...I'll catch the encore) was that the Air Force consultant really needs to teach Browder how to hold a gun when firing. I can understand Teal'c firing from the hip, but not Mitchell. Little things like that kinda ruin scenes for me.

May I ask a question? Why is there only two episodes left? I'm really confused... Is it just the break they usually have in between? If so why are they saying series finale?

Oh, it boy was this episode god awful.

Quote Originally Posted by FeloniousMonk
    I thought the season was twenty episodes long.

Anyways, the first thing I noticed about this episode (which I didn't finish watching cause I ran to the liquor store instead...I'll catch the encore) was that the Air Force consultant really needs to teach Browder how to hold a gun when firing. I can understand Teal'c firing from the hip, but not Mitchell. Little things like that kinda ruin scenes for me.
    MID Season finally. eps 9 and 10 are next week, then we are on break until January for the 2nd half of the season. MID season.

And Sam knows how to hold a gun
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Major

Well, FINALLY, they developed Mitchell's character a bit.

To those of us waiting all season for them to do so, that IS eventful.

Re: Babylon (908)

What a disappointment.

I just watched Babylon, a title I don't understand based on the story, and was just really depressed after it...as depressed as I was after watching that ridiculous Ties that Bind episode, but worse because at that point, I was still waiting for the team to re-unite.

I see no team...just people with matching patches. WHERE'S SG-1????

Sorry...but the only thing I can say about this episode is I WAITED TWO WEEKS FOR THAT???

Last edited by Uber; September 9th, 2005 at 07:09 PM.
    http://www.uberamandafan.com/assets/...ans/ateyes.jpg
    ...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k3...ejay_angel.jpg

Major

Default Re: Babylon (908)

To qoute O'Neill :
    "This is just a new game brought to you by our good friend--

The Last Samurai
    Fair Game
    A Hundred Days
    Paradise Lost

I thought the point of this season was to be new and fresh, so far it hasn't. The one thing that struck me funny was Mitchell saying that he faced death.
    What is this the Kobayashi Maru?

Chevron Re: Babylon (908)

Based on GateWorld's Episode Rating System, I'd give it a **. The teaser was pretty cool. Loved Walter comment to Daniel towards the last couple minutes of the episode.

Mitchell episode. Definitely all Mitchell all the time but some good Teal'c stuff thrown in. Daniel had little to do. Sam had nothing to do. Landry and Lam had more then Daniel and Sam. The 2 brothers (yes they are actually brothers) did quite a fine job along with the main Soden leader. I am interested in the Soden storyline more then the Jaffa High Counsel.

I was sooo getting the Star Trek vibe at the end, only to find out it was, in fact, a purposeful Star Trek reference. Must have been Mitchellís idea.
    At first I was thinking they were going to have Mitchell win or talk his way out of it and I was trying to figure it out how they would do it without being cheesy, so I am glad they went with the Star Trek out.

Nothing much seemed to happen but it wasnít terribly boring or anything just a plain old ep. Not a team ep which is my favorite kind of ep but Mitchell did need to do something. Now heís got a little fighting skill and a bond with an off world allies... wasnít there a thread on that.... Daniel has Ancients, Sam has Tokra, Teal'c has jaffa now Mitchell has Sodan, so ok he needed that.

Not great, not terrible, just ok.

BTW AT does need to give BB some training on carrying himself like a military officer.... And maybe Mitchell shouldnt be talking about Teal'c behind his back .... within earshot..... I thought he was the rude one not any of the original SG-1 people.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Yeah. I was underwhelmed. As most episodes dealing mostly with Jaffa this one was kind of dull. In terms of the grand scheme of things I don't think it contributed much. Will we be seeing more of the Sodan? Because if we aren't we could have done without them.

Jason George - Jolan was cute. That's about it.
    http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a4...l/07e875d8.jpg
    "You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

i'm glad that mitchell got some development, enjoyed sam's whole three scenes....and think this accomplished little more than to set up a potential replacement for garak when he's proven to be a lying, deceitful jerk

other than that.....well, liek someone said, walter's line was good

Staff Sergeant

The city of Babylon was ruled at one time by Hammurabi. Hammurabi's code prescribed a code of conduct. The part that most people know is "an eye for an eye". Mitchell was getting killed for killing the Jaffa. So to me this episode was a "die for a die".

Nice to see Mitchell get to do something. Mitchell sowing the seeds of disbelief will hopefully mean something in the future. Liked all three of the Sodan - Haiku, and the two brothers. I missed their names.

I assume they did not hire William Davis to say and do absolutely nothing as the Prior, so presumably we will be seeing him and the Sodan again.

Nice to see Teal'c get to do something. Somebody better watch an episode of The Closer or Law & Order though to see how to conduct an interrogation.

And why Carter did absolutely no technogeek stuff to find Mitchell is mystifying. They better go back to that planet and try to learn about their personal cloaking devices too.

Ahh yes Mitchell at work was another good thing. Glad to see it. Carter was geeking it in the background. It just didn't work. We don't need to see her fail... it would ruin her image.n

Curently traveling with a priestess named kikyou

i fell kind of alone i liked this ep nothing impront happened i guess but i still found it insething

oh, and I thought it was amusing that the Military (who Iím a big fan of BTW) is again shown as the great humanitarians (never leave a man behind) while the civilian observers are shown as the selfish Bstrds only interested in money, money, money. Irony that makes me happy.

Sci-fi channel goofed. It's not the season finale. It's the season hiatus.

I kinda liked the episode. A little "The Warrior"-esque. I liked the rapport the Jaffa and Mitchel had going on toward the end.

Who was thinking this when the Jaffa guy came forward to say he seeks retribution for the slain Jaffa was his kin? "Gee, didn't see that coming!"

Quote Originally Posted by babaganoosh
    Sci-fi channel goofed. It's not the season finale. It's the season hiatus.

I kinda liked the episode. A little "The Warrior"-esque. I liked the rapport the Jaffa and Mitchel had going on toward the end.

Who was thinking this when the Jaffa guy came forward to say he seeks retribution for the slain Jaffa was his kin? "Gee, didn't see that coming!"
    I liked the way they filmed the fight better in The Warrior.
    And yes, it seemed quite obvious that Jaffa A was Jaffa Bs brother.... probably because they look like brothers.... probably because they actually are brothers.

Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast