No announcement yet.

Babylon (908)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So...wait...these Jaffa learned how to BUILD Ancient technology. Thousands of years ago.... and still lived in huts...Err..... I find this immensly implausible. In order to build such incredibly advanced technology, you'd need a great deal of stuff that they just didn't have! Unless the Ancients had Replicators (a la Star Trek) and they just pushed a few buttons.

Also, you think Mitchell would have tried pointing out how the Ori and the Ancients are basically enemies.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
      Also, you think Mitchell would have tried pointing out how the Ori and the Ancients are basically enemies.
      I believe in his own way, he did.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
        I believe in his own way, he did.
        You think he would have been a little more specific. I mean, There has to be a passage about the 'evil Alterans' in the book of Origin. They could have just looked it up. Don't you think a few people would have been upset when they realized that they just started worshipping the enemies of their gods?

In any case, to my post above, I think the replication thing may not be as far fetched as I originally thought. The asgard can do it....
        sigpic

Comment

I enjoyed the SGA episode much more, it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling to see a team with a foundation and purpose that lends itself to the show.

Comment

While I may not be among the majority, I thought this was a pretty good episode. Mitchell finally really got involved, getting some serious action. I mean, come on, groundbreaking events aren't supposed to happen every damn week. Little things build upon each other to form something big. The introduction of the Sodan may be one of those "little things". Some of you I think are expecting way too much. And even if you got it, others would find something to complain about. This season is far from over, and I just hope by its end, all of us, well, most of us anyway (some can never be pleased), will have seen enough things we like.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Could Mitchell have been more specific about the Ori & Ancients being enemies?

The Sodan have been solitary for about 5 thousand years. Choice or not: They are solitary. You can't expect them to act civil to outsiders (such as Mitchell).

By being more... blunt... could result in an execution.... which almost happened. After all, their leader is a devout believer in the Ori...

Needless to say, he needed to gain some respect from the Sodan before finally being more 'blunt', which he accomplished in the end.

Comment

not my favorite episode but i liked it , the sodan storyline has potential . i also like how they had a shorter more rugged version of a staff weapon with a convienent(SP) strap. great character build up for cam

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                  So...wait...these Jaffa learned how to BUILD Ancient technology. Thousands of years ago.... and still lived in huts...Err..... I find this immensly implausible. In order to build such incredibly advanced technology, you'd need a great deal of stuff that they just didn't have! Unless the Ancients had Replicators (a la Star Trek) and they just pushed a few buttons.
                  They could've believed in that whole balance between nature and technology thing. Maybe one of those huts contains all the technological gadgetry they'd need to build Ancient stuff.
                  Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
                  Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
                  Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
                  Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

Yay!!! I actually LIKED this episode. Finally, finally, FINALLY, we have an ep in which there is actual character development, and Teal'c gets to say more than "Indeed." Now don't get me wrong, there are nitpicks (not enough for Sam & Daniel to do), but after all those weeks of the Daniel-and-Vala show, MS can afford to have a light week or two, and AT is still easing back to work, post-baby. I realize the four of them didn't have much screen time together, but at least they weren't split up and working on separate assignments. Anyway, here's the rundown:

- team went offworld - check
                    - met a new race - check
                    - character development (Mitchell) - check
                    - tying it in w/ the larger storyline of the Ori - check
                    - new technology we can possibly "borrow" in the future - check

I like how they referenced the "new" mindset in this country: the concerns about funding, and the cost of trying to find Mitchell. I also liked the hand-to-hand combat... it's nice to see something other than staff weapons & P-90s for a change.

I did think it was a bit cheesy when SG-1 was under fire at the beginning... it looked like the aggressors (Sodan) were purposely missing SG-1, as hardly any of their staff blasts came anywhere near the team. Also, did I hear right, and Sam used her walkie-talkie thing and called "Cameron"??? Talk about a breach in military protocol. She shouldn't even call him "Mitchell," but instead either Colonel or Sir. Also (last one, I promise)... if Teal'c called somebody "brother" one more time, I was going to throw something at him. I realize he was trying to establish the fact that he and the Sodan guy are really on the same side, but still... he said it at least three times, probably four.

These nitpicks aside, I really enjoyed this ep. My son & I looked at each other when it ended and said, "THAT was a good episode."

Way to go writers, you're on the right track!!! (finally)

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorgerheaus
                      great character build up for cam
                      I totally agree. It was nice to see BB relaxing into the character a bit more now. Really gives me hope for him the rest of this season.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I liked this episode. The beginning of the show had a some team aspects to it and I want more of that. Ben/Mitchell and Michael/Daniel are starting to develop some good comedic timing and same goes for Ben/Mitchell and Chris/Teal'c. Amanda/Sam looks like she's smiling through the entire interaction between the three. More of that please. Is Carter supposed to call Mitchell "Cameron?" So the Ori are anhilating planets full of Jaffa huh? Mitchell can both fight and take a beating. He got back to the SGC without getting rescued by SG-1 which is different. I like the Sodan more than Gerak and the Free Jaffa. The Sodan remind me of Teal'c before he was fully exposed to Earth culture (w/o hair Teal'c) new and different but cool in his own way, imho.

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
                          And what happens to the brother who faked his death now that his own brother returns from SGC? I didn't hear him promise to, well, anything; keep mumm on his brother's deceit (Cain and Abel, anyone)? And won't he need tretonin? Two handsome kinsmen.
                          Good point about the tretonin. I don't have concerns about the "other brother" keeping the secret about Mitchell still being alive (I choose to go with the 'blood is thicker than water' theory), but what WILL he do about the tretonin? How will he explain where he's been and what happened to him, and how well will that be accepted? For a supposedly 'advanced' or 'civilized' group of people (of varying races, I might add), they sure had some draconian views on people who visit their planet. Talk about shoot first and ask questions later!!

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                            While I may not be among the majority, I thought this was a pretty good episode. Mitchell finally really got involved, getting some serious action. I mean, come on, groundbreaking events aren't supposed to happen every damn week. Little things build upon each other to form something big. The introduction of the Sodan may be one of those "little things". Some of you I think are expecting way too much. And even if you got it, others would find something to complain about. This season is far from over, and I just hope by its end, all of us, well, most of us anyway (some can never be pleased), will have seen enough things we like.
                            I agree. Gotta love Cam's stubborn determination to beat the odds.

I thought the guest stars did a great job, and I hope to see more of the Sodan very soon.

Loved the "Bones" comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongo's Girl
                              Loved the "Bones" comment.
                              Same here. Expect more of that kind of stuff. It just seems to be BB's style.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                                Same here. Expect more of that kind of stuff. It just seems to be BB's style.
                                I am 99% sure that is not a BB adlib as it appeared to be in reference to the Star Trek ep where Kirk had to fight Spock and Dr Mcoy (bones) druged Kirk to make him look like he died. So I guess Mitchell is a Star Trek Fan Boy and came up with the plan. Which means he too knew that the 2 sodan were brothers, or at least suspected it and got it confirmed "off screen".
                                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Working...
                                X