Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415

Thread: Babylon (908)

Default Re: Babylon (908)

This was average, not much happening. I like Mitchell, and it's good to see more of him

Staff Sergeant

Hate it!
    I really did not need an ep. entirely focusing on "look-how-funny-I-am-Mitchell".
    Would have been a great opportunity to kill him off for good, though...
    Ah, sorry - but I really do not like Mitchell, and this ep. is all about him fighting, etc.
    So, at this point there is nothing of SG-1 left, that could appeal to me.
    Only reason not skipping it is, that I am busy with other stuff. So, it runs in the Background...

Major General

What is it with the Mitchell hate around here?

In my experience people have this false impression (IMO) that Mitchell is not qualified.

Staff Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    What is it with the Mitchell hate around here?
    I don't know about the "around here", for I have just begun to comment on episodes and do not read every comment to an episode, if the thread exceeds 10 pages.
    I have to admit, that he calmed down in season 10, which made his character less annoying, but still not likeable for me. To me, the whole character is absolutely not authentic. As I wrote in another thread - it is like a 12 year old boy, suffering from ADHD. I am well aware that it is not only BB's fault, but also the directors and writers. But also the actor must know, when he is overdoing the enthusiasm and cowboy like attitude.

And at least my opinion does not have anything to do with "qualified" or not. A character like that, with that kind of acting and talking, would annoy me in any setting, regardless if it is the leader of SG-1 or not.

Major

I like the character well enough, but I think that (especially in his early episodes) they were trying too hard to make him not like Jack.

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

I never liked the character Mitchell much, I always felt BB brought 'Crichton' from Farscape with him and placed that same wry, frenetic off the wall attitude to things onto Mitchell. He was great in Farscape, loved that character, but that style didn't work in Stargate for me as I feel that has a more serious ordered aspect due to the military setting of the show. This is why Mitchell 'grated' as a character in that setting for me.

I agree he did settle down a lot in season 10, and by the time 'Continuum' came round I found I was watching him as one of SG-1 saving the world!

Staff Sergeant

Farscape never aired in Germany or I missed it, if it did.
    So, to me both actors (Ben Browder, Claudia Black) were completely new and not associated with any other role.
    But to learn that his Farscape-character was played similar to Mitchell - or rather the other way round - actually stresses my impression, that a lot of it came from BB and was not necessarily intented to be that way by TPTB.

Here is a great fan of Mitchell!!! Haven't seen Farscape either, so I don't know the other character. I like his attitude and the way he is presented or presents himself - at least this character has been through a lot tough stuff and he shows pure lust for military life - within reason so to say. He is not O'Neill and BB is not RDA - but I think those who only watch for O'Neill should skip those eps without him.
    CARPE DIEM
    ANJA

I loved this episode for Mitchell. It really shows that he never gives up, and he always tries to remain positive.

I really liked Jolan, but he is the only Sodan I liked-- his brother has a huge chip on his shoulder. The attitude on the rest of the Sodan for the general population of Jaffa grates, especially when they start to follow the Ori.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415