• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final Cut (208)

Visit the Episode GuideGALACTICA SEASON TWO
    FINAL CUT
    EPISODE NUMBER - 208

A reporter is brought to Galactica to document the military life during wartime after criticism of the military reaches a fever pitch.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 25 April 2011, 05:08 PM.

Glad to finally hear the original Galactica theme music again!

Comment

awesome ep!

definately my fave of the season.

excellent ending!

mmm Lucy Lawless
      Thanks!
      Jordan

my page
      My LJ
      From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Good episode. It was just like SG-1's Heroes (both parts), but with a better ending.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vyse
          Glad to finally hear the original Galactica theme music again!
          yah...that was a nice touch.

also very nice to hear Lucy's natural voice. took a few mins to get used to it, so used to her being americanized.
          Thanks!
          Jordan

my page
          My LJ

Comment

Oh my gods! Oh my gods! OH MY GODS! This episode was too much and just plain amazing! Words cannot describe...but somehow I will try.

First off, D'Anna Biers. Loved the accent. She was brash, bold, and willing to do whatever to get her story.

Second, Kat. Wow. Now that is a soldier who has finally succumbed to stress. Very moving I have to say.

Third, Tigh's death threat. It was bound to happen, right? Not surprised it was the guy from the Gideon Massacre, but I was actually yelling "KILL HIM! KILL HIM! DO IT!" But I mean, if he had shot Tigh, then all the goodiness of hating Tigh would be gone. At least I got the satisfaction of seeing Ellen Tigh all tied up.

Fourth, the ending. WOW! Both things...
            1. The ending of the tape was awesome! Everything Biers said was amazing and the footage rocked! Reminds me 100% of Heroes from Stargate.
            Spoiler:
            She's a Cylon! Did that actually surprise anyone? Cuz I figured that out fast. It was just cool to see her with Boomer, Six, and Aaron Doral.

Finally, when Biers is reviewing the episode and she rewinds and sees the dude who theatened Tigh...I either pay much attention to detail or my eyes decieve me, but I think I saw some CAG Booty. Like right before she says rewind, it pans past Apollo...I think he showed some skin in the back. But the whole towel slipping scene was hilarious.

AWESOME! Second favorite episode of the season, after Home Part 2.
            Last edited by Lt. Elliot; 09 September 2005, 07:23 PM. Reason: Spoilers (do I have to have them in an episode topic?)

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Elliot
              Third, Tigh's death threat. It was bound to happen, right? Not surprised it was the guy from the Gideon Massacre, but I was actually yelling "KILL HIM! KILL HIM! DO IT!" But I mean, if he had shot Tigh, then all the goodiness of hating Tigh would be gone. At least I got the satisfaction of seeing Ellen Tigh all tied up.

i was shouting 'shoot her! shoot her!'
              Thanks!
              Jordan

my page
              My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha
                i was shouting 'shoot her! shoot her!'
                I was more or less yelling "SHOOT HIM OR SHOOT HER! ONE TIGH NEEDS TO DIE!"

Comment

I'm going to watch this episode again tonight. But my first thoughts are WOW great episode. My personal favorite so far this season. Yeah it was cool hearing Stu Phillips theme played and whistled in the episode tonight.

Biers the new Cylon - well I look forward to when we see her again because she so has the trust of Adama and the President. Great new cylon -
                  My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

more like shoot them both.. hate the wife and tigh well he's just a plain ass.

oh yes GAC booty NICE!!!!!!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

The end was a little too predictable (except for the final scene, of course) but it was nice to learn more about some of our secondary characters.

Also, Anastasia Dualla! Hahahahahaha.
                      aka Nur-ab-sal

"It's not enough to survive. One has to be worthy of survival." -- William Adama

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Elliot
                        1. The ending of the tape was awesome! Everything Biers said was amazing and the footage rocked! Reminds me 100% of Heroes from Stargate.
                        I said that in my post. Did you even read it?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                          I said that in my post. Did you even read it?
                          I typed mine up without even reading any other posts. Sorry about that.

Comment

What's the whole "From the darkness you must fall" passage that starbuck said?
                            Signature oversized: Click to view.

Comment

Actually this episode felt off to me……especially the first time I watched. Yes I’ve already watched it a second time and it held up better, but I still wouldn’t call it a favorite, though the sentiment it expressed didn't go unappreciated…..…..But it went and totally redeemed itself when it was revealed that Biers was a Cylon. No, I wasn’t expecting that though Six hints at it to Baltar.

(Oh and btw you do not have to use spoiler tags in this thread if you are discussing this episode or past episodes. You only need tags for future episodes.)

Just loved Gaeta’s interview. Felix. I never would have guessed. And Dee’s was insightful as well. I appreciate how Moore gives these supposed “secondary” characters so much depth and background. They feel much more like main characters to me. There’s just not enough room in the credits for them….

I had already guessed it was going to be the pilot threatening Tigh about half way through. Poor guy. He was put in an impossible situation and it got ugly and was now something he had to live with everyday.

I like Tigh. I find him to be an interesting character. Just like his job description as XO, the character is there to be hated yet is very valuable. Though I don’t hate him, I just don’t think he is the sharpest tack in the bin when it come to certain things and would like to slap him for being so stupid and weak minded at times. Like him being foolish enough to fall for Biers’s set up of offering him a drink. Thankfully he did come to his senses.

Adam’s big “Yes” with the fist pump when the raiders were taken out actually scared me. I was like where did that come from. I know the guy was shot and all and has changed but……it felt out of character to me.

Interesting watching the emotions of Six and crew as they watched the video footage and then their reactions to seeing Sharon alive. They are an interesting bunch in between some of their religious gabbing, which I find laid on a bit thick at times.
                              IMO always implied.

Comment

Working...
                              X