Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Cut (208)

GateWorld Final Cut (208)

Visit the Episode GuideGALACTICA SEASON TWO
    FINAL CUT
    EPISODE NUMBER - 208

A reporter is brought to Galactica to document the military life during wartime after criticism of the military reaches a fever pitch.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; April 25th, 2011 at 05:08 PM.

Default Re: Final Cut (208)

Glad to finally hear the original Galactica theme music again!

Carson’s Wrestling Mat yaaayoubetcha's Avatar

awesome ep!

definately my fave of the season.

excellent ending!

mmm Lucy Lawless
    Thanks!
    Jordan

my page
    My LJ
    From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Sci-Fi Re: Final Cut (208)

Good episode. It was just like SG-1's Heroes (both parts), but with a better ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyse
    Glad to finally hear the original Galactica theme music again!
    yah...that was a nice touch.

also very nice to hear Lucy's natural voice. took a few mins to get used to it, so used to her being americanized.
    Thanks!
    Jordan

my page
    My LJ

Oh my gods! Oh my gods! OH MY GODS! This episode was too much and just plain amazing! Words cannot describe...but somehow I will try.

First off, D'Anna Biers. Loved the accent. She was brash, bold, and willing to do whatever to get her story.

Second, Kat. Wow. Now that is a soldier who has finally succumbed to stress. Very moving I have to say.

Third, Tigh's death threat. It was bound to happen, right? Not surprised it was the guy from the Gideon Massacre, but I was actually yelling "KILL HIM! KILL HIM! DO IT!" But I mean, if he had shot Tigh, then all the goodiness of hating Tigh would be gone. At least I got the satisfaction of seeing Ellen Tigh all tied up.

Fourth, the ending. WOW! Both things...
    1. The ending of the tape was awesome! Everything Biers said was amazing and the footage rocked! Reminds me 100% of Heroes from Stargate.
    Spoiler:
    She's a Cylon! Did that actually surprise anyone? Cuz I figured that out fast. It was just cool to see her with Boomer, Six, and Aaron Doral.

Finally, when Biers is reviewing the episode and she rewinds and sees the dude who theatened Tigh...I either pay much attention to detail or my eyes decieve me, but I think I saw some CAG Booty. Like right before she says rewind, it pans past Apollo...I think he showed some skin in the back. But the whole towel slipping scene was hilarious.

AWESOME! Second favorite episode of the season, after Home Part 2.
    Last edited by Lt. Elliot; September 9th, 2005 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Spoilers (do I have to have them in an episode topic?)

Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Elliot
    Third, Tigh's death threat. It was bound to happen, right? Not surprised it was the guy from the Gideon Massacre, but I was actually yelling "KILL HIM! KILL HIM! DO IT!" But I mean, if he had shot Tigh, then all the goodiness of hating Tigh would be gone. At least I got the satisfaction of seeing Ellen Tigh all tied up.

i was shouting 'shoot her! shoot her!'
    Thanks!
    Jordan

my page
    My LJ

Quote Originally Posted by yaaayoubetcha
    i was shouting 'shoot her! shoot her!'
    I was more or less yelling "SHOOT HIM OR SHOOT HER! ONE TIGH NEEDS TO DIE!"

I'm going to watch this episode again tonight. But my first thoughts are WOW great episode. My personal favorite so far this season. Yeah it was cool hearing Stu Phillips theme played and whistled in the episode tonight.

Biers the new Cylon - well I look forward to when we see her again because she so has the trust of Adama and the President. Great new cylon -

for me to know.. and for you to find out.

more like shoot them both.. hate the wife and tigh well he's just a plain ass.

oh yes GAC booty NICE!!!!!!!!

The end was a little too predictable (except for the final scene, of course) but it was nice to learn more about some of our secondary characters.

Also, Anastasia Dualla! Hahahahahaha.
    aka Nur-ab-sal

"It's not enough to survive. One has to be worthy of survival." -- William Adama

Exclamation Re: Final Cut (208)

Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Elliot
    1. The ending of the tape was awesome! Everything Biers said was amazing and the footage rocked! Reminds me 100% of Heroes from Stargate.
    I said that in my post. Did you even read it?

Quote Originally Posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
    I said that in my post. Did you even read it?
    I typed mine up without even reading any other posts. Sorry about that.

What's the whole "From the darkness you must fall" passage that starbuck said?
    Signature oversized: Click to view.

Actually this episode felt off to me……especially the first time I watched. Yes I’ve already watched it a second time and it held up better, but I still wouldn’t call it a favorite, though the sentiment it expressed didn't go unappreciated…..…..But it went and totally redeemed itself when it was revealed that Biers was a Cylon. No, I wasn’t expecting that though Six hints at it to Baltar.

(Oh and btw you do not have to use spoiler tags in this thread if you are discussing this episode or past episodes. You only need tags for future episodes.)

Just loved Gaeta’s interview. Felix. I never would have guessed. And Dee’s was insightful as well. I appreciate how Moore gives these supposed “secondary” characters so much depth and background. They feel much more like main characters to me. There’s just not enough room in the credits for them….

I had already guessed it was going to be the pilot threatening Tigh about half way through. Poor guy. He was put in an impossible situation and it got ugly and was now something he had to live with everyday.

I like Tigh. I find him to be an interesting character. Just like his job description as XO, the character is there to be hated yet is very valuable. Though I don’t hate him, I just don’t think he is the sharpest tack in the bin when it come to certain things and would like to slap him for being so stupid and weak minded at times. Like him being foolish enough to fall for Biers’s set up of offering him a drink. Thankfully he did come to his senses.

Adam’s big “Yes” with the fist pump when the raiders were taken out actually scared me. I was like where did that come from. I know the guy was shot and all and has changed but……it felt out of character to me.

Interesting watching the emotions of Six and crew as they watched the video footage and then their reactions to seeing Sharon alive. They are an interesting bunch in between some of their religious gabbing, which I find laid on a bit thick at times.
    IMO always implied.

I just rewatched some of it and first off, they do show Apollo's butt, but briefly. I wonder if that was accidental or on purpose?

Second, I really like Dee even more now. I love how they developed her so far in this one episode, as well as a few. She's taken a big leap in this season.

And I was like 100% positive I didn't need to put spoilers in an episode topic talking about the episode. Glad someone recleared it up for me.

Staff Sergeant

Galactica has gone 0-2 since I joined this board. I'll willingly leave if it will improve the quality of the program.

See, the "putting a human face" angle has been done to death, and I'm afraid that "Final Cut" didn't bring anything new to the table. But they can't all be winners and I thought it was still a solid show. I liked seeing Gaeta and Kat get some screen time. I liked the tip of the cap when Starbuck challenged Xena... er I... I mean, Lawless's character to a match.

But the big reveal at the end was pathetic.

The reporter was a Cylon. Whoopie!

This episode should have never happened. The Cylon detector actually works and if I was going to give someone "unrestricted access" I'd make sure they were tested first. They find out she's a cylon and next thing you know she's in a brig or out the airlock.

When did the writers get stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by grover
    This episode should have never happened. The Cylon detector actually works and if I was going to give someone "unrestricted access" I'd make sure they were tested first. They find out she's a cylon and next thing you know she's in a brig or out the airlock.

When did the writers get stupid?
    Baltar is in charge of testing. He has no intention or seems to have no intention of outing any Cylons if they test positive. I wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't rigged the detector to pass everybody to save himself the headache. So having Biers tested wouldn’t have made any difference.
    IMO always implied.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneStar1836
    Actually this episode felt off to me……
    Finally! All the praises upthread made me think I must be a little crazy for not totally loving this episode.

But first things first ... Lee, now I know why his call-sign is Apollo. There goes a very ... physically fit guy. Ahem.

I like what BSG is doing for their secondary characters. The insight we gained on Dee's relationship with her father is quite special, for now we know where her console for Adama (in the last episode) stemmed from. That was nice -- and quite unexpected -- continuity there. And a smoking Gaeta with collar unbottoned? That was quite amusing.

It was nice seeing the choices people made in earlier episodes are now bearing consequences. One in particular, Tigh; but it was not played out in a heavy-handed manner a la many lesser shows. Instead, we hear Adama speaking of the burden of conscience, and we wonder how much he was talking about Tigh and how much, himself. And finally we see Tigh owing up to his responsibility at the moment of confrontation.

SG-1 has a similar episode called Heros which was among my favorite of that series. I like Final Cut for the same truth that it revealed, that real heroism is not about always doing the right thing; instead it's ordinary people in the service of others, "warts and all." But the emotional upswing here was cut short by the final reveal. It was cruel as well as cool, as I am sure it sets up for what comes up the next week.

Overall, a nice filler episode, if not overly memorable -- with the possible exception of Lee. I am looking forward to the plethora of screencaps.
    In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane. ~ Oscar Wilde

It was a decient episode but no where near being one of the best. It was obviously intended to be somewhat of a filler episode, however it did reveal quite a lot of interesting character developments as well as providing a way for the writers to introduce the new Cylon model.

Is it just me or did anyone else think there was perhaps something more behind the way she interacted with Dee?
    Last edited by Carbito; September 10th, 2005 at 12:41 AM.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast