This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beta Site Hunting

(Sorry it took so long but was busy with school and information exchange with new players and such. Also teams that should be here and doing this are SG3, SG4 and SG7, thanks.)

((OOC:Mind announcing it over the PA or something? just so the teams that should be here know to come...or are we supposed to find out about this ourselfs?))

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

(Well they all should see it in my sig and also as I post this thread goes to the top of the index showing that its there. But I guess I'll post it in the info and roleplaying section threads as well)

Comment

((Just to be sure... Does this mean all of those 3 teams are on the same planet? Otherwise it would be strange to have it in one thread))

Comment

((All the same planet I believe.))

Doctor Seph Hanson stepped through the gate, taking a moment to absorb the rush of gate travel, his team members following him. He quickly started on getting his bearings. It was was a wooded area, but still with plenty of light. He scouted around and immediatly something caught his attention, a pillar like structure a hundred yards or so away.

"Errr. Sir, Major Anderson I would like to get a better look at that pillar, it appears to have some writings or graphs on it."

A couple of team members gave him an awkward look, as if pointing out this was a a scouting mission, not an archaelogical fact finding expedition.

"Sir, that pillar could contain some kind of texts or information about this world, could be crucial in assessing this planet for a beta site location." This seemed to convince the Major, so Hanson made his way to the mysterious structure.

Comment

Originally posted by Sobek
            ((Just to be sure... Does this mean all of those 3 teams are on the same planet? Otherwise it would be strange to have it in one thread))
            (OOC - Im in the briefing room thought it might be an idea before we head off to know what we're doing, unless Im being dense and have missed something, in which case sorry )

Comment

Originally posted by Somnium
              (OOC - Im in the briefing room thought it might be an idea before we head off to know what we're doing, unless Im being dense and have missed something, in which case sorry )
              (You didn't miss anything. I've been cruising the threads for info. Nada. I would think our colonel needs to fill us in before we take off.)
              You're never too old to do something goofy.
              sigpic
              Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

(Can we make up what the glyphs say, or will the GM give us a code or something to decipher?)

"Doctor Hanson..." Ryan Nash jogged swiftly to the pillar. "I took some time on Earth to study some reference books on ancient cultures and their languages... I'm something of a linguist. I think I can help."
                Last edited by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia; 08 September 2005, 10:57 PM.

Comment

(Actually this thread is for all the three teams to post about their exploration of the beta site planets, you simply have to indicate what planet your on. SG3 will take one planet, SG4 takes another, and SG7 takes a third. It continues until one team comes back to General Blue and recommends a planet.)

Comment

(Does that mean that the planets are sort of open ended? It's up to our imaginations? Oh, by the way, I'm currently on whatever planet SG-7 is on. I know Henson's already there, and now I'm there too.)

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
                      (Does that mean that the planets are sort of open ended? It's up to our imaginations? Oh, by the way, I'm currently on whatever planet SG-7 is on. I know Henson's already there, and now I'm there too.)
                      (Yes the planets are up to whoever goes to them. Saves arguements and such.)

Comment

((ooc:sorry about not posting, i was at school, horrible Australian times))

Jim ran into the control room after the brifing and entered the Stargate just after seph did. He got out of the wormhole and ansered Seph "Yeah, of course. Nash, Seph, you two try and decipher that pillar I'll explore the immendiate surroundings with Alex here. Let's move out Captain.

<<Leaves immediate surroundings>>
                        ((OOC: Ok, thanks for correcting me , i've been away for the past 16 hours or something....Ok, i'm back officially now, ready to Rp, lol ))
                        Last edited by Ascended Times.2; 09 September 2005, 12:26 AM.

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

(You have a fourth member, child of the gods. Please keep checking the player list thread as I post "updated" post showing someones been add or I have made changes.)

Comment

Hanson stopped dead in his tracks when he had finally got near enough to view the pillar.

"It's Goa'uld sir, obscure dialect."

"I, I recognise this text, its almost as if I've seen it before..."

Then the memory of his previous encounter with the text his him like a bullet. At that moment Seph's face then collapsed into a frown. This was...extremely rare.

"Sir, when I was back on Earth I was one of the consultants who got to view Dr. Daniel Jackson's notebook. This text is identical to the language SG1 found on a tablet on the planet Argos, about eight years ago. Identical to the language used by human fiddling goa'uld Phelelps...who was never accounted for as dead."

Comment

"In such a case we'd be outnumbered a great deal. Considering the recent situation of the Goa'uld, though, sir, I think it's highy unlikely that there would be any conditions under which it woud be possible for this Goa'uld to rise to power anywhere... But I don't like to take chances. Here, a further sect appears to contain a record of his minions who passed through this gate. I'm no expert on Goa'uld language or society, but I think this may have been a meeting place of some sort," Ryan said, while gesturing to the area. "There appear to be remnants of benches in those hills over there, see?"
                              Last edited by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia; 09 September 2005, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X