This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Favorite Stargate Favorite

Ok so there are a ton of polls asking peoples different favorites, your favorite character, episode, season, quote, species, etc. So what I figured I'd ask is what eveyones favorite favorite. Of all of the things you like about stargate, pick the thing you love most and why. It can be anything, O'Neill, the Goa'uld, Prometheus, clip episodes, Unas, whatever you love most about the show. Your mostest favoritest thing

my mostest favoritest thing would be the episode "Wormhole X-Treme". I just love how they made fun of themselves, and the show

Well, gee, one thing I love above all other stuff in Stargate. Oh, my! I have no idea what (or rather who) that would be.

Comment

The comedy plain and simple! They should make a comedy spin off tbh and have a part with T'ealc doing stand up Jaffa jokes.

Comment

My favorite character is O'Neill beacuse of a simplest reason.
        I grew up watching MaCgyver.
        And I also love the way he makes jokes even in the face of an enemy.
        But the past part was in Window of Opportunity when they played golf in the Gateroom.
        That part crakes me up.
        In the middle of my backswing!!!

Comment

How they so effortlessly combine comedy with drama and sci-fi. Brilliant stuff.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Jaffa Jokes
            TEAL’C : Because the creature represents SETESH, the helmets of the Setesh guard have continued to be a source of many jokes among the Jaffa.

O’NEILL : Jaffa jokes? Let’s here one of them.

TEAL’C : I shall attempt to translate O’Neill. A Serpent Guard, a Horus Guard and a Setesh Guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The Serpent Guard’s eyes glow! The Horus Guard’s beak glistens! The Setesh Guard’s…nose drips.

He starts laughing, but stops when none of the others join in. There is a long, awkward moment.
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
              Dang this is hard. I love so much about the show. I really like the above answer. And I like the concept of the Asgard and love Thor but I guess if I had to pick one and only one thing it would be that its a team show.

I love that it is a team show. I love that all the characters interact so well together, that they all have their own thing but can bring it all together to over come the odds and save the world. I love how the team chooses to risk their lives to save others and not expect anything. And I like how the team with teamwork and out of the box thinking can win the day.
              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

My favourite stargate favourite is...the Horus and Serpent guards. I remember when I first saw these, I thought they were awesome. I never get tired of seeing them, especially the Horus guards.
                Last edited by Egeria; 07 September 2005, 04:53 AM.

Comment

my fave part of it is combining sci fi with comedy, my 2 fave genres
                  plus jacks quotes, cant beat em

Comment

Originally posted by colonel O'Neill
                    My favorite character is O'Neill beacuse of a simplest reason.
                    I grew up watching MaCgyver.
                    And I also love the way he makes jokes even in the face of an enemy.
                    But the past part was in Window of Opportunity when they played golf in the Gateroom.
                    That part crakes me up.
                    I agree completely with you and i couldn't have said it better myself have some green
                    Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
                      Iagree, I would add the cast selection (with RDA), they all complememted each other so well. I would really enjoy being part of that team!

Comment

One of my favorite parts in stargate is in (I beleive) Season Seven. Jack, Sam, Teal'c and Daniel are all sitting around drinking beer in Jack's house after learning that the SGC may be scrubbed.
                        They have been comparing SGC personnel to characters from the Simpsons. Jack makes a comment that Teal'c is not deep enough to see the comparison.
                        (not sure if wording is exactly right. You get the general idea)

Daniel: Teal'c is sooo deep. Go ahead Teal'c. (To Jack) You'll be lucky if you even understand this.

Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.

Daniel: Oh, see! I love that!

Jack: (points to Daniel) No more beer for you.

I love that part. It makes me laugh every time.
                        Andromeda Fate
                        Something you need to ask yourself everyday, with every decision - WWMD "What Would McKay Do?"
                        "In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you" - Teal'c
                        "Go suck a lemon!" - Carter
                        "Like everyone else, I lived in a house bricked up with seconds and minutes, weekends and New Year's Days, and I never went outside until I died, because there was no other door. Now I know that I could have walked through the walls." - Peter S. Beagle
                        "I hope your apple pie is frickin' worth it!" - Supernatural

Comment

Originally posted by andromeda_fate
                          One of my favorite parts in stargate is in (I beleive) Season Seven. Jack, Sam, Teal'c and Daniel are all sitting around drinking beer in Jack's house after learning that the SGC may be scrubbed.
                          They have been comparing SGC personnel to characters from the Simpsons. Jack makes a comment that Teal'c is not deep enough to see the comparison.
                          (not sure if wording is exactly right. You get the general idea)

Daniel: Teal'c is sooo deep. Go ahead Teal'c. (To Jack) You'll be lucky if you even understand this.

Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.

Daniel: Oh, see! I love that!

Jack: (points to Daniel) No more beer for you.

I love that part. It makes me laugh every time.
                          i love that one

Comment

The comedy, it's what reeled me into the show.

Comment

My most favorite thing about the show, is the combination of comedy and science fiction. I like the fact that this show and the franchise doesn't take itself too seriously. I'm comparing it to the fact that I think that Star Trek takes itself way to seriously, and leaves no room for fun. So the combination makes the show more enjoyable to watch. So yeah for Stargate!!
                              Just sitting here at the computer..typing my life away!

Comment

Working...
                              X