Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a tendancy to over analyze movies (side effect of having family in the movie business ) but every time stargate comes on I have an hour of pure escapism without trying to analyze story lines or character development (at least most of the time.)
    I love the humor in the show. They don't take themselves too seriously and I love that. They don't have the usual drama ie, who's dating who and why, etc.
    This show is the only one that has kept my interest past the second season.
    Keep up the good work guys! You're doing great
    Andromeda Fate
    Something you need to ask yourself everyday, with every decision - WWMD "What Would McKay Do?"
    "In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you" - Teal'c
    "Go suck a lemon!" - Carter
    "Like everyone else, I lived in a house bricked up with seconds and minutes, weekends and New Year's Days, and I never went outside until I died, because there was no other door. Now I know that I could have walked through the walls." - Peter S. Beagle
    "I hope your apple pie is frickin' worth it!" - Supernatural

Comment

Thank Goodness. An easy Question.

Jack

The worst of the worst...A season without...well you get the point.

Comment

FULL CIRCLE with the return of Skaara!

Comment

Originally posted by mundu
          The comedy plain and simple!
          Me too and every Jack O'Neill moment.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rac76
            My most favorite thing about the show, is the combination of comedy and science fiction. I like the fact that this show and the franchise doesn't take itself too seriously. I'm comparing it to the fact that I think that Star Trek takes itself way to seriously, and leaves no room for fun. So the combination makes the show more enjoyable to watch. So yeah for Stargate!!
            Definitey! I'm a Star Trek fan too, but Stargate is such a unique show, and the comedy/drama/sci-fi/character mix is brilliant stuff.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
              I love that it is a team show. I love that all the characters interact so well together, that they all have their own thing but can bring it all together to over come the odds and save the world. I love how the team chooses to risk their lives to save others and not expect anything. And I like how the team with teamwork and out of the box thinking can win the day.
              I totally agree. TERRIFIC ensemble cast, wonderful synergy between ALL the characters.

Stargate is my favorite show, and its one I keep watching as pretty much everything else falls off the list. I think I would have to say - even more than the team aspect of the show - is the good messages: never leave a person behind. Never give up. Believe in your teammates. The integrity, the diligence, the respect that is depicted between the characters. I could go on and on, but to me this is what is seriously lacking in TV/movies. This is what elevates Stargate above everything else for me: it portrays better people than I will ever be doing more noble things than I will ever do.
              If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
              proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
              Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by I love Daniel!
                Well, gee, one thing I love above all other stuff in Stargate. Oh, my! I have no idea what (or rather who) that would be.
                Okay...I know this one! Um...

*taps cheek rapidly*

Hold on. It's coming to me...

Wait! You like...TEAL'C! You're a Teal'c fan, right???

*grins broadly*

I pride myself for my super sensitive powers of observation.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Wow as to favorite Stargate favorite...let's see...

Favorite funny moment: Jack and Teal'c golfing in Window of Opportunity

Favorite Jackism(s): Following...still...you...not! from Lost City 2. Oh and "It's my sidearm, I swear" from Solitudes.

Favorite RDA adlib from Fallen:

NATIVE (pointing toward Teal'c): "He is Jaffa."
                  Jack: "No, but he plays on T.V."

Favorite Daniel scene: Standing up to Anubis in Threads

Favorite Daniel line: "Yes, you go down the dark hallway alone … and I’m wait here in the dark room alone" from The Tomb. Oh and this from The First Commandment:

Daniel: "This taste like chicken."
                  Sam: "So what's wrong with it?"
                  Daniel: "It's macaroni and cheese."

Favorite Teal'c line from The Torment of Tantalus:

Jack: All right, basic survival training. We know what we have. What do we need?"
                  Teal'c: "We have the Stargate, we need the dial home device."
                  Jack: "Thank you Teal'c."

Favorite Sam scene(s): Sam firing the rocket at the Kull Warrior in Death Knell. Oh and Sam calling Maybourne an idiot in Foothold. Oh! and Sam leading a team to rescue Daniel in Icon.

Favorite Sam line: "Y’know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water!" from Reckoning 2.

Favorite Cam line: "Yeah...that tells me exactly NOTHING!" from Avalon 2.

Favorite team moment: When Jack, Daniel and Sam all volunteered to go in to help Teal'c in Avatar. Oh and the patch scene from Deus Ex Machina.

Favorite explosion: Anubis's ship blowing up all the other Goa'uld ships in Full Circle.

Favorite hand to hand fight: Sam in Emancipation.

Favorite ship: The O'Neill from Small Victories (may she rest in pieces).

Favorite Alternate Reality character: GEEK!Sam from Moebius 1 and 2.

Favorite Stargate kiss: Grace

Favorite General Hammond moment: When he defies orders and goes on his own to rescue SG-1 in Into the Fire.

Favorite regular: Samantha Carter. But Jack's a close second.

Favorite Oddball: Jay Felger.

Favorite recurring character(s): Jacob Carter/Selmak and Janet Frasier.

Favorite alien weapon: TER.

Favorite human weapon: P90.

Favorite space fight: Lost City 2 fight. Hands down.

Favorite Goa'uld: Ba'al. As in Bocce.

Mmmkay that's all I can think of for now.

Last edited by Uber; 14 September 2005, 06:18 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Oh great. I killed this thread...

Comment

Where is the other Daniel who figured in the original star gate film?How could one person overcome the difficulty of communicating with different intelligent species alone and in so short time?How come there is no mention of his ability to speak other earthly laguages other than latin and old egyptian,while deciphering encoded universal icons is a mere game to him?I m impressed by his cleverness,yet he remains enigmatic to me.

Comment

Working...
                      X