X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martina Magnus View Post
    I hate Kinsey ... But Jack and Harry ... They were hilarious
    haha, Starsky and Hutch were great! and Kinsey's wife just didn't get it
    I agree that there was too much Kinsey, but Oskar (Zoe?) was soo cute.
    And I really liked the SG-1-Hammond parts.. You see that not only he is concerned for the team, but also vise versa.

Especially when Jack visits him home. Too bad we didn't see more of Hammond off duty
    sigpic

Comment

Loved Teal'c's comment about how on Chulak they'd sing a lament in the honor of a great warrior who retired from the battlefield, and how fortunate it was that they weren't on Chulak. This one featured two of my favorite villains, Kinsey and Maybourne.
      sigpic

Comment

what did Jack mean by "buy back my soul?"

Comment

I'd forgotten how great this episode was, a really enjoyable and fun little outing with tons of intrigue. Episodes like this often click with me, it's in the same vein as Secrets and Touchstone which I love. I'm so happy that Kinsey was brought back for this, he's such a good bad guy, and Maybourne is always fun.

It's interesting, though, the character of Maybourne has really gone through some changes to fit the stories which the writers need him for. The super-secret black-ops intelligence man he becomes was not the same character we were originally introduced to (back in 'Bane'?), and even last season in 'Foothold' he wasn't at all like he is presented here, but it's a change for the better. He's very entertaining when he shows up.

I also love it when we get to see the other side of General Hammond, he's a great character which Don Davis played perfectly. Carter, Daniel and Teal'c are really overshadowed by everything else going on in this episode despite the fact that they are get to deal with an ENTIRE PLANET blowing up - which really speaks to how good Hammond, O'Neill, Kinsey and Maybourne are to watch.

RATING: 8.5 out of 10
          Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

Originally posted by LeftHandedGuitarist View Post
            It's interesting, though, the character of Maybourne has really gone through some changes to fit the stories which the writers need him for. The super-secret black-ops intelligence man he becomes was not the same character we were originally introduced to (back in 'Bane'?), and even last season in 'Foothold' he wasn't at all like he is presented here, but it's a change for the better. He's very entertaining when he shows up.
            Maybourne was introduced in Season 1, "Enigma" when he tried to appropriate the Tollan refugees and then would have them all shot in the gateroom for trying to leave with Lya (of the Nox). His next appearance was in "Bane", then "Touchstone", and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
              what did Jack mean by "buy back my soul?"
              Because he made a deal with the devil (i.e., Maybourne) to get Hammond reinstated.

Seaboe
              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

How long was Bauer actually in charge of SGC and how long was Sam working on that fancy lethal machine?
                After dismantling SG1, what was the official position of O'Neil?
                I didn't exactly get what got Maybourne out of jail to the Caribbean. Did he receive a presidential pardon for exposing the shenanigans of the NID? And how did it happen if the NID was above the law?
                Why are most of the office rooms in Cheyenne Mountain so dark even when lights are on?
                Since Hammond's granddaughters were playing and returned to his house it would appear they had no parents and that he was now taking care of the kids. Yet when he talked to one of them in a previous episode when she invited to a performance or something, it appeared as if they were living somewhere else.
                Why does Maybourne feel so secure in his tropical paradise, with no fear that someone is going to finish him off?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
                  How long was Bauer actually in charge of SGC and how long was Sam working on that fancy lethal machine?
                  Probably no more than a few days; maybe a week?

After dismantling SG1, what was the official position of O'Neil?
                  It was not explained. However, Jack probably took Bauer at his suggestion of taking some time off to decide whether and where he wanted to fit in at the SGC. So he took off to investigate and see what he could come up with about the whole situation.

I didn't exactly get what got Maybourne out of jail to the Caribbean. Did he receive a presidential pardon for exposing the shenanigans of the NID?
                  Jack got Maybourne out of jail by asking for a favor from the President, who he apparently knows from some point in the past (which was never explained). Then at some point after they left Kinsey's mansion, Maybourne managed to disappear and wind up in the Caribbean. He didn't get a Presidential Pardon, since he's still looking for one at the beginning of "Paradise Lost" in Season 6.

Since Hammond's granddaughters were playing and returned to his house it would appear they had no parents and that he was now taking care of the kids. Yet when he talked to one of them in a previous episode when she invited him to a performance or something, it appeared as if they were living somewhere else.
                  Hammond has at least one daughter. Since she probably works somewhere, her children maybe stay with Hammond, or they might all live with him. Hammond is a widower, so maybe he likes having them with him. It was really never explained.

Why does Maybourne feel so secure in his tropical paradise, with no fear that someone is going to finish him off?
                  If you're referring to the Caribbean, there is no reason to think he's going to stay there for very long. He's likely to move around a lot since he's still a wanted person. He seems to have a great deal of knowledge somehow as to what's going on all the time, so he's likely one step ahead of anyone that's looking for him.

Comment

The destruction of the planet was all because of Samantha Carter who was simply "following orders." But presumably it was well within her ability to sabotage the device so it wouldn't create the chain reaction of the nuclear/naquadah device. Alternatively she could have risked court marshal for refusing to obey Bauer. But she have still come out of it OK and not destroy the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
                      The destruction of the planet was all because of Samantha Carter who was simply "following orders."
                      While there was clearly a lot of destruction, we don't know that the entire planet was destroyed. In fact, it probably wasn't because if it had been, its gate would also be destroyed. At which point the wormhole would disconnect and the SGC wouldn't have a problem.

Seaboe
                      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Tuesday night...and another ep of SG1...by this point I was certainly checking out this site called "Starguide" though whether I'd posted on the forum there or not I'm not sure...

1. The SGC certainly took some damage here...

2. Hammond quitting...sort of been spoiled for this part but...

3. Certainly our biggest delve into Stargate politics yet though...

4. Bauer...stuffed shirt and complete moron.

5. That last scene in Kinsey's study...can play it again and again...awesome!

Certainly the best Earthbound ep of SG1.
                        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                          While there was clearly a lot of destruction, we don't know that the entire planet was destroyed. In fact, it probably wasn't because if it had been, its gate would also be destroyed. At which point the wormhole would disconnect and the SGC wouldn't have a problem.
                          Seaboe
                          Well the planet may still be physically there, judging by the amount of radiation that was pouring through the gate, even with the iris closed, any plant life, animal life etc would have likely been destroyed by the radiation. If the amount coming through the iris was concerning Sam, imagine what it did to the planet. IMO the planet is technically destroyed, if all life ceases to exist. Can't be 100% sure, but I assume everything on that planet that was once living, is dead.
                          Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

Originally posted by bookwormjules View Post
                            IMO the planet is technically destroyed, if all life ceases to exist.
                            Taking our own as an example, planets (and the life on them) are extremely resilient. While 99% of the life might be gone for now, I don't consider the planet destroyed unless it's broken up into little bits and strewn through space. Clearly, this is an issue where we'll have to agree to disagree.

Seaboe

Comment

Originally posted by bookwormjules View Post
                              Well the planet may still be physically there, judging by the amount of radiation that was pouring through the gate, even with the iris closed, any plant life, animal life etc would have likely been destroyed by the radiation. If the amount coming through the iris was concerning Sam, imagine what it did to the planet. IMO the planet is technically destroyed, if all life ceases to exist. Can't be 100% sure, but I assume everything on that planet that was once living, is dead.
                              It depends on how destructive that weapon actually was. While it could have caused catastrophic damage to the atmosphere, and maybe taken a good chunk of the planet out, there would likely still be remnants of life, even at the tiny level that would have started life again, though it would have taken hundreds or thousands of years to amount to anything. The only way your scenario would be true is if the atmosphere was destroyed completely or if the planet had been blown to bits. And I really don't think that happened.

And life does survive radiation.

Comment

Not the most entertaining ep. But still has some good parts. Would have been a shocker for first time viewers when Hammond retired. So glad he sticks around for a bit longer.

Jack and Maybourne working together is great to watch.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X