Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Chain Reaction (415)

Quote Originally Posted by corey2002
    Maybourne: Now you know one of a hundred names I go by. (He goes to the fridge and pulls out a disk)

O'Neill: I see you're on that famous beer and mustard diet. How's that working out for you?

Maybourne offers him a beer.

No thanks.

Maybourne: if anyone tries to boot the computer up without this disk the whole thing fries.

is the disk thing possible?(ive looked on the 'net but got nothing)
    I have no clue. However, the funny thing about that whole sequence is that the actor who plays Mayborne has no computer knowledge of any kind.
    My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
    -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
    -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
    -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

very good episode. i like to know more about Scully's father love hammond.
    and why is it Mayborne was executed?

is it RDA's dog??? how cute!

^^^
    Maybourne was going to get the death penalty for treason, i.e. selling info to the Russians (as we saw in 'Watergate').

While political, earth-based eps will never be my ultimate favourites, I do find them quite enthralling, this ep included.

Kinsey, and especially Maybourne, are lovely villians that I love to hate. Maybourne is so wonderfully selfish and bent on self-preservation at any cost. And he's such a trickster with a real gleam in his bulging (disturbingly bulging, I would say) eyes.

I love how Jack 'got dirty' in this episode (great ep for Jack all around). It's a wonderful side of him (quite sexy, too). His black op experience really shows itself. At the same time I love that Jack is being so down and dirty out of true devotion and affection for Hammond (who is a total teddy-bear as far as I am concerned). The NID never fails to amaze me with the extent of their immorality. Kidnapping his grandchildren?

I was wondering about ranking -- Gen Bauer was a 'major general' -- how does that rank compared to Hammond? Anyone have a clue?

Major General = two star = same as Hammond when he commanded the SGC!

Quote Originally Posted by fair_nymph
    ^^^
    Maybourne was going to get the death penalty for treason, i.e. selling info to the Russians (as we saw in 'Watergate').

While political, earth-based eps will never be my ultimate favourites, I do find them quite enthralling, this ep included.

Kinsey, and especially Maybourne, are lovely villians that I love to hate. Maybourne is so wonderfully selfish and bent on self-preservation at any cost. And he's such a trickster with a real gleam in his bulging (disturbingly bulging, I would say) eyes.

I love how Jack 'got dirty' in this episode (great ep for Jack all around). It's a wonderful side of him (quite sexy, too). His black op experience really shows itself. At the same time I love that Jack is being so down and dirty out of true devotion and affection for Hammond (who is a total teddy-bear as far as I am concerned). The NID never fails to amaze me with the extent of their immorality. Kidnapping his grandchildren?

I was wondering about ranking -- Gen Bauer was a 'major general' -- how does that rank compared to Hammond? Anyone have a clue?
    My thoughts, exactly.

Do you have an internet ball, fair nymph?

Loved this episode, too. Liked seeing how far Jack would go to help a friend.

It was a great episode, the on screen duo of RDA and TM was priceless!! one thing that bothered me, if i was a high profile agent in a secret organisation notorious for it's "backhand deals" i wouldn't make my password the name of my dog or something easy to guess! For crying out loud, pick something random!

As for Kinsey's wife being an airhead, i think she tries to give that impression, but the way she looked up the stairs at jack and maybourne in that pondouring fashion......
    http://www.clintonio.com/sig-400.jpg
    The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Chief Master Sergeant

Generally thought it was a good episode here, It was quite nice to see the SGC in a different perspective from a different command, and made me realise how well General Hammond does his job.

I was kind of surprised the remainder of the team kept going under the new command, having seen how they have reacted previously to things they don't agree with - still, I guess they didnt have much choice.

if i was a high profile agent in a secret organisation notorious for it's "backhand deals" i wouldn't make my password the name of my dog or something easy to guess
    Yes - I thought about that too. Although there are still many people even today that use command names as passwords, even the really obvious things such as 'password' or 'unlock' or whatever - maybe Kinsey was just like one of those people.

This was great, but the ending seemed a little rushed.Always nice to have maybourne in an episode as he seems to get more interesting as it goes on.
    It was good to see how SG1 got on when they were seperated from each other.

Maybournes back! whooo!!! anyway interesting episode TPTB must have been happy to destroy some of the Gateroom lol!! However it did feel a little rushed but thats okay becuase it got all the points across

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by S.G.C
    Maybournes back! whooo!!! anyway interesting episode TPTB must have been happy to destroy some of the Gateroom lol!! However it did feel a little rushed but thats okay becuase it got all the points across
    Exactly what I was going to say!

This ep nicely showed how much Jack cares about Hammond and how his views have changed since the pilot episode.
    Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Ohio, USA,Earth. I only work in outer space.

This was a great all around ep. The acting was superb, the characters' development between O'Neill, Hammond, Maybourne, and Kinsey was just totally well written and acted. I find it so hard to believe that this ep only got a 2.5 out of 4.
    This ep has got to be one of the best out of the whole show.
    All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.
    http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...lcdrskrit1.gif
    http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...s/skritsys.jpg
    Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
    Pay it forward

i thought the whole idea of the NID blackmailing the genral was kinda good and i like the look on the new genrels face when the gate wouldnt dissconnect and the radiation was in the base i just thought that was funny

i have just rewatched this episode, the first time i watched i thought it was kinda boring, but today when i watched it i enjoyed it, i liked the end where the new genral was proved wrong and his face but i have to admit i did feel a little bit sorry for him.

Great episode. I'm so relieved Hammond didn't have to retire afterall!

Did anyone else notice, though, that in the scene where Jack and Maybourne are in Kinsey's office with him, that Kinsey refers to one/both of them as "General"? I'm pretty sure he was directly addressing either Jack or Maybourne, and was not referencing General Hammond...but neither Jack nor Maybourne are at General Status, they're both Colonels! I'm going to go back and check, but I'm sure that's what was said, hehe.

great episode, its good that hammond came back, walter would have been lonely wothout him*giggles* i like jacks brilliant idea of calling the media to escape, that was pretty genius.
    Thanks to WingedPegasus and myself for the sigs, and to Myn for the userbar.

Lieutenant Colonel captain jake's Avatar

Arrow2 Re: Chain Reaction (415)

I laugh my head of every time I see the look on Jack's face right after General Bauer gives his short "I look forward to working with all of you" and walks out of the room. It's to bad Maybourne doesn't work at the SGC, Jack and him make such a good team, though I suppose Maybourne's skills only exist in the shadows. It's always nice to see Kinsey get his self righteous mentality shot down and discarded.

I love this episode.

"I see you're on the famous beer and mustard diet."

I also thought the concept of the naquadah bomb was interesting and well-done.

Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Chief Master Sergeant HelloVelo's Avatar

I love the dynamic duo that is Jack and Maybourne.

Rating: 7/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2...-reaction.html
    My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
    http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast