Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My idea of a feasible way to replace RDA...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My idea of a feasible way to replace RDA...

Young Jack clone. Now, I know you've heard this idea before but let me finish.

At the end of Season 8 or 9, Rick decides he's finally done with Stargate, but Stargate is not yet done with Jack O'Neill.

RDA's O'Neill is killed saving the universe, or he and Sam retire and make babies, or however you would like to see O'Neill leave SG-1. In the meantime, high school isn't working out for Young Jack; he longs to get back to the action of the SGC. By now he's the equivalent of an 18 or 19 year old, very sexy, very cool, and very much the Jack O'Neill we know, just without the gray.

Young Jack works out a deal with the Air Force to instate his rank of Colonel (since he was a Colonel when cloned) while at the SGC, and have full rights and privilages, and his previous clearance level. So as to not raise questions about why such a young man would have such a high rank, outside of the base, to anyone not aware of the SGC, he is known as Lieutenant Jonathan O'Niell. This in of itself would add an interesting dramatic element to the show.

Ultimately, we'd have Jack back, with a new young actor who wouldn't have the time restrictions, and might add a new dimension to the character. I know that no one could ever replace Richard Dean Anderson, but if Rick's leaving means no more Jack, I'd be willing to try.

Let me know what you think.
    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

sounds ok, guess they wouldn't have to retrain him or anything.
    "I've been called ugly, pug-ugly, fugly, pug-fugly, but never ugly-ugly." --- Moe Szyslak

Comment

Read the thread Is there any chance... for more about Young Jack.

Long story short, it's never going to happen. Michael Welch, the actor who plays the clone, co-stars in the hit TV show Joan of Arcadia. No way in hell he'd leave that for Stargate.

Concept-wise, I won't comment as I can't think of a polite way to word how I feel about your "idea".

Comment

Michael Welch wouldn't necessarily have to play the character. I'm sure that there are a great number of acters that could effectively play Jack.

As far as this...
        Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        Concept-wise, I won't comment as I can't think of a polite way to word how I feel about your "idea".
        Don't take everything so seriously, it's not healthy.

Comment

Egad. First you think you can replace RDA as Jack, replace the actor who is considered the "heart and soul" of the show for hundreds of fans, but now you want to replace the kid who plays Clone Jack? You're mad, I say, positively mad!

I don't associate with mad people.

Comment

How about his stunt double?

^ Earth Rules.

"And I hope noone forgot to feed my Rash'nak"

-Daniel, "Icon" Season 8 SG-1

Comment

It would be nice to have Welch for a few episodes, though. He's made such an impact as Jack.

Comment

Oh yeah. It would be nice, for an ep or three. Michael Welch was the single redeeming thing about that ep. I thought he played Jack brilliantly. But as a permanent cast replacement, MW or anyone else would be patently ridiculous. It isn't just the character that people love, it's the ACTOR. If you're gonna get a new actor at least have the decency to let him play his own character rather than trying to mimic Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                  If you're gonna get a new actor at least have the decency to let him play his own character rather than trying to mimic Jack.
                  That's a good point. I'm sure Welch (or whoever plays young Jack in my hypothetical scenario) could present their own take on the O'Neill character, the same way RDA "reimagined" Kurt Russell's O'Neil.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                    That's a good point. I'm sure Welch (or whoever plays young Jack in my hypothetical scenario) could present their own take on the O'Neill character, the same way RDA "reimagined" Kurt Russell's O'Neil.
                    Do you WANT people to keep watching the show with this hypothetical "replacement" of yours or are you trying to get the show killed? Good gad, there'd be riots in the streets! They'd be marching on Bridge with torches and pitchforks!

Comment

"Kill the beast!"

*thunk*

"Kill the beast!"

Comment

Why don't you replace the stargate with a giant jack-in-the-box while you're at it. Chevron Guy can turn the crank and the kawoosh can be replaced with a giant clown face popping out of the event horizon.

Comment

OK Shadow, throttle back.

Comment

Originally posted by David
                            OK Shadow, throttle back.
                            What? I used that idea in a fanfic once.

Comment

No wonder I haven't heard of it

Comment

Working...
                              X