The Serpent's Venom (414)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
    A classic SG-1 Episode. This episode was sooooo great. Not only did it have the whole green is good/is bad thing but the emotion behind Teal'c and Raknor was so amazing. It also showed us that when fighting against Apophis. You always need an Ace up your sleeve. OR you will come to a very sticky end.
    Indeed this is another classic SG-1 ep. I guess we cant technically term it a team ep since poor old teal'c is off doing his "own" thing... but then he gets to do more in this ep then he does in lots of other team eps. This show really tells us a lot about teal'c and introduces us to the wonderful Raknor.

Sadly Heurur meets his end. I always thought he "looked" cool even if he may not have technically been cool. He was also the last that had Horus Gaurd and I liked their helmuts.

This ep Apophis becomes the big threat that he was always destined to become.

But the best part in this ep is the 1/3 team plus Jacob. Jacob what a great guest character. I always really liked him. His humor combined with Jack and Daniel and Carter. It was great. Lots of good lines, lots of good character looks. Just lots and lots of what made SG-1 the best scifi show for the last 9 years.

I love this ep.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Jack trying to wave the mine out of the way was the highlight of the episode for me in terms of humor. Teal'c's torture session really let Judge show his acting skills in a different way than he usually has up to this point. Great episode.
      "I killed a city once. Funny story." - Wolverine

Comment

yeah this was a great episode and it was brilliant if i had to give it a rating out of 10 i would give it a 8

Comment

Brillant episode! I love the Daniel-Jack-Sam-Jacob scenes and the the Teal'c scenes.

Fantastic acting on CJ's part. He was so passionite(sp), so strong and prideful. I love how he turned that other Jaffa and that we heard more of his good deeds from his villien days.

Daniel was so funny in this episode; elevator scene, telling Sam to touch and not to touch the casing, almost touching the casing with his papers.

I love the scenes with Sam and her Dad, she looked pretty annoyed with him in some of the scenes but it was so dunny.

Jack was a hoot as always; feeling left out on the mission (making a sound so Jacob would remember him and take him along, trying to fly the ship later on "this isn't as easy as it looked" waving his arm in the back ground.

And there was shippiness Jack leaning on Sam to look under, him saving her by pulling her out from underneath, standing super close.

Never really cared for Heru-ur that mcuh so I was glad he's out of the picture, made room for more interesting villien in the future like Bal'al(sp)

All in all this is one of my favorite episodes of season 4.
          Ben Browder on who'd win a fight, Mitchell or Critchon..."Cameron would have the upper hand until Aeryn kicked his ass."

Comment

Just an awesome ep.
            Jacob is really on his game in this ep.
            This is how to do a Teal'c torture ep. CJ plays this amazingly.
            Rak'nor is introduced. The Carter\Daniel\Jacob\Jack banter is perfect.

The only bad thing is that herur gets the ax but hey he goes out in a blaze of glory so you cant ask for better.
            Last edited by AGateFan; 21 June 2007, 02:42 PM.
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Yea I just saw it today as well. Only thing was that SciFi messed up the schedule. The episode that was supposed to be on today was "Jolinar's Memories" but for some reason they showed this episode.
              Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
              Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
              Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
              --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Apophis is so surprising, isn't he? You see him talking to Haeuer with all these slaves stroking his shoulders, so that he does look prissy and useless, then then he just comes up with something brilliant, like the uncloaked ships.

Comment

One thing I don't get with this episode is that the Cargo ship didn't decloak to ring the mine back into the minefield. When it was established in Tangent that use of the rings required the ship to decloak?
                  A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                    One thing I don't get with this episode is that the Cargo ship didn't decloak to ring the mine back into the minefield. When it was established in Tangent that use of the rings required the ship to decloak?
                    Its like if I wanted to fire the weapons. To fire the weapons of say a Puddle Jumper requires you to decloak. It works the same way with the rings. Bascially to use anything besides the sublight engines require you to decloak your weapons
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Its like if I wanted to fire the weapons. To fire the weapons of say a Puddle Jumper requires you to decloak. It works the same way with the rings. Bascially to use anything besides the sublight engines require you to decloak your weapons
                      I think you may have missed the question, when they ringed the mine off the ship after reprogramming it, they were cloaked as Pops had already shown up and they didn't decloak to ring the mine off. So I was wondering if there was a reason for this or if it was just a gaff by the writers?
                      A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Probabily a gaff..

Comment

I love this episode, was watching it the other night.

I realised though that the whole mine in the back of the cargo ship idea didn't really seem to make sense... I mean the whole point was that the mine had to be oblivious to the ship or it would explode, i.e. touching off of it would make it go kablamo. But when they ring the mine on board, why does it just float in mid-air and not fall to the floor? After all, it's suddenly in an artificial gravity field (not its usual environment). It should've dropped, banged off of the floor and killed everyone right?

lol. still, ignoring that it's a great ep!

Comment

hahahahaha...Heru'ur is dead!

Comment

A classic Teal'c episode, only Teal'c could make a Jaffa turn against his god while he was being tortured. On a separate note if the Tobin were advanced enough to create all of those mines how were they wiped out. I have no doubt that the Goa'uld could, I just wonder how it was done. My guess is that they suffered a fate similar to that of the Atonieks in that their technology was their downfall. On yet another note, how did Apophis gain such a large fleet all of which had cloaking technology. Did Apophis gain that technology on his own or did Sokar have possession of cloaking technology before Apophis killed him.
                              sigpic

Comment

amazing fx! love the ships, cloaking, floating mines.

i am not into torture scenes. poor teal'c.

i do hope heru'ur is really dead. he's not an interesting villain for me.

best funny moment: jack looking like an excited kid when jacob told him to fly the cargo ship. and then later on trying to shoo the mine.
                                Last edited by L E E; 13 July 2008, 05:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X