• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Serpent's Venom (414)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON FOUR
    EPISODE NUMBER - 414

SG-1 must stop Apophis and Heru'ur from forming an alliance of their powerful forces, while Teal'c is captured and tortured by the Goa'uld.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 06 February 2021, 09:43 PM.

I had never seen this episode before I got the Season 4 box set and always wondered what had happened to Heru'ur. I think this is one is pretty darn cool! Jack flying that cargo vessel was something I never thought would happen.....
    "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

I was a little disapointed that they killed off Heru'ur, he was a pretty good bad guy IMO. Otherwise it was good and had some great banter.

I also really like the Teal'c torture stuff. Not that I like to see Teal'c get tortured, just that I thought they did it well. and Terok was just insane.

No really I think he was insane
      ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
      The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

this is one of my favourite episodes and i'm not sure why.
        other than the fact it's got jacob carter in it and the following lines:
        daniel: its gone green.
        sam: green is good?
        daniel: no
        sam: green is bad?
        daniel: yeah
        sam: DAD!

i just love that.

Comment

Poor Teal'c! He has alot of pride, haha...
          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Definately one of the better episodes in this season for me. I thought that the CG effects were very well done, and the interactions between the team and Jacob were excellent.
            I wasn't too impressed with the torture scenes, but only brcause I'm a wimp and have never enjoyed watching pain, even if it is only simulated.

I agree with Stargate Barbie, that bit was brilliant.
            sigpic

Comment

My favorite scene was in the Cargo ship with Selmak, Sam, Daniel.

Comment

There was a funny scene were Jacob says we need danny to translate the goa'uld, sam for the math, and jack is fun to have around.

Comment

I Loved This Ep! It had everything humour (and lot's of it), angst and 'ship... what more can you ask???

My Fave bits (no particular order)

1. The Briefing where Jacob needs Sam for the mechanics, Daniel for translation and Jack.... well he's always lot's of fun to have around! LOL!

2. The elevator scene between Jack and Daniel where Jack lifts D's glasses back onto his nose and the whole Phoenican on CD Rom thing...

3. The re-program the bomb scene, funny and shippy - note Jack leaning on Sam to look under, him saving her by pulling her out from underneath etc sigh!

4. The Daniel/Jacob conversation regarding the Go'auld... Great and Powerful Oz! LOL The first time I saw that I spat my drink!!!

5. Jack flying the ship and the whole waving the arm in the background thing. I love it when the show's writers do that sort of thing, its so clever !!

Shaure

Comment

Still wondering why the Tok'ra, who are biologically Goa'uld, need a human to translate... Goa'uld language for them.
                    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

It wasn't anytype of egyptian. It was Toban. it was a language based of Greek and Latin I think. Thats why they needed Daniel, cause he is a linguist.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                      [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

It wasn't the normal Goa'uld... I think he said it was another language.

Comment

I have to agree that this was one of the better episodes in Season 4. And frankly this would have been a much better plot point to elimate apothis and continue on with Herur-ur as the main bad guy. Although the only other time we see him he seemed like a really bad actor.

Comment

I rewatched this episode last night and I really like it. Love the interaction between Daniel and Sam, they don´t have nearly enough scenes together. And no, not in a 'shippy' way, I think of them as siblings, really.

The way that Jack tried to wave the obstacles out of the way was just classic O´Neill.
                            Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

I love this episode. And Apophis mothership is just so frelling awsome.

Comment

Working...
                              X