This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate around the World

I'd like to know how people get to watch Stargate around the world. Are any fans living in Asia, the Middle East? When you watch the shows in another languages, is it dubbed or does it come with subtitles? Do the new shows air all at once, or, for example, does the east coast of the United Stated see Stargate Sg-1 and Stargate: Atlantis three hours before the west coast of the United States? I used to think that the west coast saw it three hours after the east, but then I heard it was all aired at once across America, now I'm confused. Does Canada only see the episodes in syndication? How about the U.K.? Or anywhere else in the far reaches of the world. There has to be some places where Stargate doesn't air at all, where are those? What time zones are you in and when do the "new" episodes of Stargate air for you. I guess it wouldn't be fair to ask of you what I don't tell of myself, so I'll go first, I live in the Pacific time zone of the United States. I saw the first episodes of Sg-1 and Atlantis on July 15, airing on the SCI FI channel. Information on when the syndication episodes air is not my forte, but I think season 8 of Sg-1 airs in October. Do the syndication episodes take a mid-season break like the new ones do on SCI-FI channel? LOL, do the Goa'uld voices sound funny in Spanish and German? I guess it's all a matter of perspective.

P.S.-There's a lot of questions but there's a lot of people to answer them.
    Things I've learned about the Stargate Universe:
    1. Don't kiss a goa'uld.
    2. Don't shake hands with a Wraith.
    3. Whacko! are the Ori. It's their way or the hot way.

The UK get the first half of the new season after the US, but then the US has a break in the middle and we dont so we get the second half first on sky one.

In sindication the first season of Atlantis is currently airing on Channel 5 and I havent heard about the 8th season of Stargate.

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

Season 1 of Atlantis and 8 of SG-1 aired from April to August here. There is no break. Both shows airs on a basic channel: M6 (like NBC, CBS or ABS for you).

The new seaons won't air before march/april 2006... it takes time to dub etc.
      However, we get the dvd boxset before the UK and USA.

Comment

It depends on what channel you got, but at my house I only got "Space, the imagination station" and it runs (I think) seasons 1 to 6 of SG1. It also premiers "new" seasons (7 and 8) on Thursdays, same channel, at 7pm pacific.

No Atlantis yet, but the station says that we're getting it this fall. We better.

Otherwise, I use this handy device that I'm currently using to watch all the Atlantis and new SG1 episodes.

Comment

What can I tell you about Argentina?

Stargate doen't appear in any air channel, we can only see it on cable TV.
          I don't know about other cities, but in Rosario, where I live, it's like this:

This year Fox Channel began airing SGA Season 1 at February, I think , at Primetime, but at the same time they aired SG1 seasons 6 and 7 at 7.00 pm (late afternoon) Yes, you could say: why not begin with season 1???? I ask myself the same question.
          Well, when SGA-S1 finished, they started airing SG1-S8, and that is what I am seeing now. I guess when that season finishes, they will probably air SGA-S2, and so on, and so on, so I will never be up to date with Stargate.

But that is not the end of it.
          When I was becoming addicted to SG, I accidentally found that in another cable channel, I-Sat, they were airing SG1-S2!!! The problem is that it's at 12.00 pm, while I'm at work, so since then I taped the episode every day and watched it when I arrived home. Last week S4 finished, but on friday they aired.... Children of the Gods! So I guess they will be starting again from S1, and I will never get to see S5!

Now, about language, that is another history. On Fox the episodes are subtitled, so I can enjoy the original voices and sounds. But on I-Sat they are translated! The first time I saw an ep in spanish I was like *WHAT!!!*, but now I guess I am used to it. The greatest difference I found was with Sam's voice, it sounded really different IMO, but now I don't notice it...
          Of course that it's not the same, and they make mistakes in the translations sometimes, which I only discover when I read the transcript of an episode I want to check...

Well, after this *TOO LONG* post, (if you got this far), I hope I have answered your question.
          Courses that I would most definitively take at the Stargate University:

Ascension, Descension and the importance of flags, by Dr. Daniel Jackson
          (Thanks to Merentha for proposing it!)

Comment

Originally posted by Lucreleia
            What can I tell you about Argentina?

Stargate doen't appear in any air channel, we can only see it on cable TV.
            I don't know about other cities, but in Rosario, where I live, it's like this:

This year Fox Channel began airing SGA Season 1 at February, I think , at Primetime, but at the same time they aired SG1 seasons 6 and 7 at 7.00 pm (late afternoon) Yes, you could say: why not begin with season 1???? I ask myself the same question.
            Well, when SGA-S1 finished, they started airing SG1-S8, and that is what I am seeing now. I guess when that season finishes, they will probably air SGA-S2, and so on, and so on, so I will never be up to date with Stargate.

But that is not the end of it.
            When I was becoming addicted to SG, I accidentally found that in another cable channel, I-Sat, they were airing SG1-S2!!! The problem is that it's at 12.00 pm, while I'm at work, so since then I taped the episode every day and watched it when I arrived home. Last week S4 finished, but on friday they aired.... Children of the Gods! So I guess they will be starting again from S1, and I will never get to see S5!

Now, about language, that is another history. On Fox the episodes are subtitled, so I can enjoy the original voices and sounds. But on I-Sat they are translated! The first time I saw an ep in spanish I was like *WHAT!!!*, but now I guess I am used to it. The greatest difference I found was with Sam's voice, it sounded really different IMO, but now I don't notice it...
            Of course that it's not the same, and they make mistakes in the translations sometimes, which I only discover when I read the transcript of an episode I want to check...

Well, after this *TOO LONG* post, (if you got this far), I hope I have answered your question.
            Wow! Argentina, the farther the better. Anyways, your post is great, whatever it takes to say what you have to say is good. I actually prefer longer posts over short ones, but short posts have their occasional charm too. The syndication in my area is a little eratic as well when it comes to airing the episodes in the correct order (However, I should probably not complain because that's not as bad as having the seasons in the wrong order ). They will show "Heroes Part I", for example, on Saturday, and the next Saturday what do you think they would show? "Heroes Part II", Right? No, they will air some random season 7 episode like "Fallout". Oh well
            Things I've learned about the Stargate Universe:
            1. Don't kiss a goa'uld.
            2. Don't shake hands with a Wraith.
            3. Whacko! are the Ori. It's their way or the hot way.

Comment

Well, in Spain season 8 hasn't been aired yet... Considering what i know, it migth be aired in november in a channel call axn. However, nobody know which channel are going to air Atlantis season 1, we have to wait a little more... One day we will have a scify channel xD and what it's worst,the Spanish edition of the dvds cost about 80 euros the first season, and the other seasons don't have a pack for the whole season... For this reason, we usually buy the dvds by amazon, but this last season(season 8) it's impossible to find with the Spanish language xD That is the situation stargate's fans in Spain. It can be worst

The goaul'd voices in Spanish sound like the original version i think, if you belive that in English it's funny, then it's funny in Spanish too.

Comment

Sad enough there's no more airing in Thailand, either SG1 or Atlantis. It had once though, years back then. As much as I can remember, only SG1 Season 1 managed to knock the door then disappeared. Maybe 'coz of poor rating. Ever since I never had a chance to watch any of the series. Apart from a few imported sets of DVD, it's quite safe to say the show is already extincted here. Guess I owe big thanks to ADSL. *rolling eyes*

Comment

"No-Body screws Stargate like Seven"

In Australia, they screw around Stargate at the whim of channel 7, which owns the rights to both shows.

It's been on about 4 days of the week, and about 5 different timeslots (7.30, 8.30, 9.30, 10.00, 10.30, maybe 11.00 and 11.30 as well), and is often completely left off the air for weeks at a time, often in the middle of a 2 parter. Or even simply changed in timeslot for 2 weeks, then suddenly changed back.

All without telling us.

It has been left for months between seasons, or in the middle of seasons. They often change the episode order and\or edit the episodes themselves.

They showed Season 8 of SG1 completely through before they even confirmed they bought Atlantis, except for Prometheus Unbound, which they only showed 2 weeks ago, about 5 months after SG1 finished.

This recently lead to people I know who don't really follow "all that closely" having no idea Spolier SG1\SGA season finals
                  Spoiler:
                  How they managed to open a wormhole from Earth to Atlantis in the Siege Pt 2, so I had to explain basically the entire ending of Mobeius to them

They never promote it (well, apart from the Atlantis 2 part beginning), and pretty much treat it and the fans like crap. Despite this, it often beats (creams) the other shows in it's timeslot, but still it gets treated like crap.

Luckily, like my Thai friend abysses, I have 1.5 mb ADSL. I feel sorry for those that don't.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Originally posted by !Dorentus!
                    I'd like to know how people get to watch Stargate around the world. Are any fans living in Asia, the Middle East? When you watch the shows in another languages, is it dubbed or does it come with subtitles? Do the new shows air all at once, or, for example, does the east coast of the United Stated see Stargate Sg-1 and Stargate: Atlantis three hours before the west coast of the United States? I used to think that the west coast saw it three hours after the east, but then I heard it was all aired at once across America, now I'm confused. Does Canada only see the episodes in syndication? How about the U.K.? Or anywhere else in the far reaches of the world. There has to be some places where Stargate doesn't air at all, where are those? What time zones are you in and when do the "new" episodes of Stargate air for you. I guess it wouldn't be fair to ask of you what I don't tell of myself, so I'll go first, I live in the Pacific time zone of the United States. I saw the first episodes of Sg-1 and Atlantis on July 15, airing on the SCI FI channel. Information on when the syndication episodes air is not my forte, but I think season 8 of Sg-1 airs in October. Do the syndication episodes take a mid-season break like the new ones do on SCI-FI channel? LOL, do the Goa'uld voices sound funny in Spanish and German? I guess it's all a matter of perspective.

P.S.-There's a lot of questions but there's a lot of people to answer them.
                    What time does it air in the Pacific time zone. 8PM PST? or 5PM PST... Im guessing 8.
                    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Here in Ireland we get to see Stargate SG1 & Atlantis the same time as the uk, and we get no mid season breaks (which is great ) Season 8 aired in syndication a few weeks ago on Sky one and i havent come across any info on when atlantis season 1 will be airing again over here
                      The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

dont you have channel 5 there i know its usually quite hard too recieve without cable unless your in a good area for it but theyre rerunning atlantis at the moment on friday at 8.00

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150
                          dont you have channel 5 there i know its usually quite hard too recieve without cable unless your in a good area for it but theyre rerunning atlantis at the moment on friday at 8.00
                          me

Comment

yeah i meant you eoin

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150
                              yeah i meant you eoin
                              lol, no i dont think we can get channel 5 over here, i have sky digital with all the channels available and i have never seen channel 5

Comment

Working...
                              X