X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What makes the Goa'ulds eyes glow?

^ Title

sigpic
    Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
    Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Photochemical reaction, like the back end of a firefly.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

I thought it was when the symbiiote took control but thinnknig about it know it dosent make sence.
      Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
      LOVE HIM-> DT
      ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

The best theory I've heard is that it's a reaction in the eyes due to increased levels of naquadah from the symbiote. I don't care if it's impossible or whatnot - it just sounds cool.

Comment

like three phd's said. it occurs when the symbionte is exeriences high emotions (like love, anger, etc), death or upon first takig control (but that's possibly just from thr joy of having a host...)

Other than a photochemical reaction, there's really no logical explanation other than 'it's just a cool effect dude...'
          "I have a B.A., M.D., Ph.D and B.Sc. Maybe one day I'll get a J.O.B."

"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

"He who laughs last didn't get it."

Comment

Originally posted by Three PhDs
            Photochemical reaction, like the back end of a firefly.
            yeah what he said .......lol it be nice if someone could find a link
            i can do that

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefly

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Originally posted by Three PhDs
                Thanks for the link

sigpic
                Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

yeah thanx for the link

Comment

Goa'uld Biology: A Goa'uld symbiote is like a living Bio-pharmecutical. It is capable of creating a nearly endless number of chemical combinations that it uses to control and heal its host. There is also something of an electrical-eel sort of nature to the symbiote. They actually require a small electric field to survive as larvae. It is however, much more specialized, specifically being used to control the brain functions of a host, along with certain chemical combinations. As far as I know, a symbiote couldn't actually shock anyone that was holding... unless it bit them... that might work. I say that, because I suspect the biological hardware for 'plugging' into a host brain is located in its head, and engaged through its mouth. A symbiote essentially wraps itself around the spinal column, reaching up into the brain with its head. The host is capable of fighting the symbiote for motor control, but usually looses after the host expends more effort for control. This usually requires an extra 'surge' of electrical energy through the host brain that often occurs when a Goa'uld is excited, or frustrated. The electrical 'surge' in the host brain actually produces visible light. Most of that light is unseen because the host brain is encased inside its skull, which is not transparent. However, the eye sockets of the brain are not covered by sufficent material to trap the light within the skull. So when a Goa'uld is excited or angry, visible light is sometimes seen to come from the eyes of the host. This light, is simply a by-product of the symbiotes method of controlling the host.

Goa'uld sexuality: Goa'uld are asexual. They have no gender, with the exception of special 'queens' that are capable of breeding new Goa'uld symbiotes. If a symbiote were able to become a queen, as part of a life-cycle, then the Tok'ra wouldn't be in such straights right now. However, the symbiotes do appreciate sexuality and one of the reasons for them choosing humans is because they find humans sex to be particularly enjoyable as compared to other alien races. As someone has already stated, they also picked humans because they are easy to repair... but overall the reason is because that humans are very comfortable host to have. Easy to control, easy to repair, attractive (sometimes... ), relatively strong, very capable manipulator (in terms of interacting with the physical world), and capable of very enjoyable physical sensations... (i.e.- sex)

Goa'uld memory: The Goa'uld memory is genetic based. All their memories get converted into genetic sequences. This is how a queen is able to pass her knowledge on to her larvae. She may choose to pass on all her knowledge, or she may choose to with-hold some knowledge. It is possible for them to pass on their genetic memory to their host offspring as well, but this is taboo, and very dangerous to the species in general. Apophis did this on purpose once, but humans on Earth did it once too, artificially. Neither case ended well for those doing the manipulating. Only Shifu (Apophis' child) escaped his fate, and that was only because Oma Desala stepped in to help him.

Goa'uld Brain-function: It is very likely that Goa'uld have very tight synapse connections, allowing them to have a greater degree of intelligence given their small brain size. However, it might be observed, that a symbiote does not reach its full potential until taking a host. A symbiote does not have a gender, but it does take on a 'gender-role' after it takes a host. Usually they prefer to take a host of similiar gender, but sometimes will make an exception, particularly if they don't have a choice. The Goa'uld's higher brain functions are conducted in the host brain, upon implantation... this isn't always an easy task, especially if the host has a strong mind already. This is the reason it sometimes takes time for the blending to be completed, some host are more difficult to blend with than others. This is also the reason that the symbiote and host sometimes share emotional feelings and always share memories and knowledge. The symbiote is intelligent in its native form, but is incapable of achieving anything of real use until it has taken a host to help it manipulate the world around it. After taking a host, a Goa'uld is as much influenced by its host, as the host is by it. Of course, the symbiote takes the dominate position of the blending, but the attitudes, and characteristics of a Goa'uld are largely influenced by the host as well. Depending upon the host, those influences will vary from symbiote to symbiote.
                    The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                    Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                    My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                    Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Now that we've covered why a host's eyes light up, can anyone explain the deep, distorted voice?

This thread might seem funny, because I'm sure the reasons for why TPTB put the glowing eyes effect into the show was for dramatical purposes; to make people go, "Yikes! That’s scary, he must be an alien". Not as much because they thought that if you had a parasite such as the goa'uld this is what would happen because of scientific reasons. Then again, maybe their really smart and that's how they came up with the idea.
                      Things I've learned about the Stargate Universe:
                      1. Don't kiss a goa'uld.
                      2. Don't shake hands with a Wraith.
                      3. Whacko! are the Ori. It's their way or the hot way.

Comment

[Barry White]What makes a Gould's Eyes glow? Love, baby... it's love. Oh, yeah.[/Barry White]

-IMF
                        "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                        "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                        BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Damn, and here i tought it was the special effects depeartment that does that stuff to make show the viewers hows an goa'uld and to make them more freaky.
                          glad i was wrong

Comment

Lol, of course, why didn't I think of that. Each symbiote, is actually a clone of Barry White! lol

Owen Macri

Comment

If that's the case, why did Ba'al, Anubis or any of the other system lords never show off their lovely singing voices!?! Such a waste of talent...

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Working...
                              X