Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

smaller?? *winces* Who wants a Carrier to be small???

When I think of Carrier's, I think of very large and impressive ships. smaller...

I like the other improvements though...
    The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
    Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
    My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
    Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Originally posted by Seastallion
      smaller?? *winces* Who wants a Carrier to be small???

When I think of Carrier's, I think of very large and impressive ships. smaller...

I like the other improvements though...
      Well, smaller doesn't necessarily mean small. They're still likely to be quite large. But smaller does mean they'll cost less (compared to what they would if they weren't smaller) to operate and build. It also allows them to be faster and more manuverable (or shall we say, less UNmanuverable), definitely a plus (not that 50 mph for something that large is slow).

They also are looking at cutting the crew down from 3500+ on the Nimitz class to 2500 or so (both numbers don't count the air wing).

Um, the island and control towers are being replaced with two smaller buildings that don't have as much of a radar signature which makes it stand out less on radar. The windows that were in the control tower would be replaced with large displays.

Oh yeah, and one of the biggest changes will be the electrical system being rebuilt with a much higher capacity one that can handle all the modern electronics that the older ships can't. Also there's talk I think of wiring them with fiber optics through the ship as well.

I think that covers most of it, or at least what's set and determined. The first ship should start production next year, but it's really still going to be something of a hybrid. The first TRUE next gen carrier won't be purchased until probably around 2009 and will enter service I think around 2018. :-(

Lots of cool stuff.

Comment

An asgard on every ship sounds like one of the best rules I've ever heard of, but I have doubts that a race like the asgard are going to 'baby-sit' us when it comes to the stuff on Daedalus that is out of our mental range on every ship. Why is the Asgard coming on Daedalus to Atlantis? Well, who wouldn't? there's no race that we know of that matches the Ancients tech and Hermiod probably thinks he can find a solution to the asgard's reproductive problems and a whole lot more. And he's probably a nice guy willing to help us out like most of the Asgard are.

-I think it would be cool if the wraith somehow find out about the Asgard (maybe when we hail a hive ship, they see Hermy) and really don't like the Asgard since without there tech they would have won and we have an episode where Hermy finds a solution to his reproductive problems in the Ancient database and the wraith try to sabotage the progress of his research or maybe destroy his research on his way back to Ida to try it out.
        Who knows? maybe we see a little asgard emotion from Hermy?
        One more thing, maybe someone could help me out is there a Hermiod in Norse mythology somewhere?
        Last edited by !Dorentus!; 12 July 2005, 06:20 PM.
        Things I've learned about the Stargate Universe:
        1. Don't kiss a goa'uld.
        2. Don't shake hands with a Wraith.
        3. Whacko! are the Ori. It's their way or the hot way.

Comment

yah but you see something just doesnt play out right in my mind for why Hermiod would just hitch a ride to atlantis on the Daedalus when the asgard could just send one of there ships to atlantis is probley shorter time than the Daedalus is taking to get there. so thats why i was thinking maybe they will place a asgard on all the Daedalus class ships till we get things down on our own but who knows...

See Jaffa are Crazy! (pic of a Tia food place in the US of A )

Comment

*Spoilers* Seige 3
            In seige three Col. Cadwell told Mjr. Sheppard that the asguard had refused to give us wepons for the dedalus because they could be used against them, but I seam to remember in SG-1 it being said that the promie was outfited with asguard wepons. Was I wrong or was this a major plot hole?

"There's a very fine line between not listening, and not careing. I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Comment

maybe you miss understood and they actually said shields.

Comment

I can’t recall exactly what was mention in SG-1 if the asgard do provide us with weapons they would quite old by asgard standards.
                "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

I recall that in S6, Disclosure; Thor said that he was there supervising the installation of Asgard shields and weapons on the Promtheus. The Asgard hyperdrive and beam came later.

Comment

Thor said that he was going to install Asgard designed weapons and shields so for all we know those railguns are the weapons the Asgard gave to the Daedalus.

Comment

The daedalus has asgard weapons but they arent fully functional so that we dont use them against the asgard
                      Spoiler:
                      in the siege pt 3 originally we couldnt beam bombs onto other ships
                      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                      love Torri

Comment

I'm pretty sure I remember it being said that the Prometheus was given Asgard-designed weapons systems. Two possibilities I can think of:

1. The railguns are "Asgard-designed weapons", but still not powerful enough to hurt the Asgard.
                        2. The weapons given to the Prommie aren't good enough to hurt the Asgard, and wouldn't be good enough to hurt the Wraith, but can still whoop on Anubis's fleet.

Comment

Possible spoilers for seige 3

From what I have seen of the weapon systems they are not good enough to stay in a prolonged conflict because they are not strong enough power wise and not enough ammo can be provided for them. To become better ships a weapon system is needed that can do damage without requiring special delivery systems.

Comment

Which one would you rather have?

Lego Puddle Jumpers forever

Comment

Daedelus since it's somewhat capable whereas Prometheus... isn't.
                              Lord §okar, Niles, Mark VI, etc: Dom Howard fan

Tama, Bosphorus, Istanbul Mehmet, Sabian, Zildjian and Remo

Comment

Yes, I would probably take the Daedalus as well, it isn't perfect but it has more functionality.

Owen Macri

Comment

Working...
                                X