No announcement yet.

The Curse (413)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another one that I love to rewatch plenty of times and not get bored of.

Jack and Teal'c go fishing... well, pretend to fish. Poor Teal'c though.

And Daniel has to have his own adventure in Egypt. What is it btw with his significant others being taken over as hosts? Is that like Carter's male interests dying from the black widow curse?

It's good to see some of Daniel's life before the SGC, and meet some of the people he worked with.

Sexy Sarah... okay, that accent kills me dead in a puddle of goo (in a good way obviously). *thunk*
    Also, love Osiris... very much.

Jealous Stephen... I wonder what they told him in the end? They hopefully made it a good story.

Janet gets to go out, and play in Daniel and Sam's sandbox... but damn, what a bumpy ride in that sandbox she got.

Also, since when do walls in Egytian temples move when someone smashes into them? It's just their luck it didn't break...

And I really LOVE the ship appearing from beneath the sand. It does look a little too fake in the rest of the shot, but it's nevertheless an amazing piece of 3D.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Sarah/Osiris is very, very attractive. The end is not convincing - the escape is too easy.
      Good driving in the sand pit!
      CARPE DIEM
      ANJA

Comment

Agreed. The escape was definitely too easy, but Sarah gets hers later on.

Comment

O'Neal: We'll be unavailable.
          O'Neal: Inaccessible.
          Hammond: Incommunicado.
          O'Neal: In Minnesota, sir.
          Hammond: I stand corrected.

Comment

Good episode. Though it's pretty easy to figure out Sarah is the Goa'uld. The best part for me was O'Neill and Teal'c fishing. I hope O'Neill offered Teal'c a chair haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Nirude View Post
              Good episode. Though it's pretty easy to figure out Sarah is the Goa'uld. The best part for me was O'Neill and Teal'c fishing. I hope O'Neill offered Teal'c a chair haha.
              I can imagine Teal'c's response with his stoic expression......"Chair?! Chairs are for humans!"

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                I can imagine Teal'c's response with his stoic expression......"Chair?! Chairs are for humans!"
                I think he was thinking about making a run for it

Comment

Originally posted by Nirude View Post
                  I think he was thinking about making a run for it
                  Definitely

Comment

Just watched it for the second time. It was more enjoyable somehow, but the ending is weak.

I mean, it was stupid. A doctor, Daniel and Sam? They could have taken a group of marines with them, instead of going alone ??

I loved Daniels backstory, though
                    Last edited by Cluas; 30 May 2016, 12:58 AM.

Comment

Had me on the edge of my seat until the end! Great episode. 7.5/10

Comment

Just did a rewatch and wondered. How is it Sarah was able to speak as herself for so long, or did "osirs" do a 'tokra' and keep hidden for so long?

Comment

Goa'uld use the person's voice to deceive. It's been shown before they can manipulate their hosts that way, so that people will continue to trust them.

Hathor did it too.
                          And others have done so too.

Comment

Which ones? The only one i remember doing that to deceive was Tannith.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              Which ones? The only one i remember doing that to deceive was Tannith.
                              Ba'al -- if I remember correctly

The Goa'uld in Sha're.

Imhotep -- the one "leading" the Jaffa rebel army

Comment

Yup, I love The Curse. Absolutely my favorite episode of season 4 and easily makes it into my top 10 (or so) of all-time favorite episodes.

And I make a mention below, but ... O.M.G. -- Anna-Louise's accent gives me goosebumps. HEARTS! So sexy.
                                Osiris would have no problem making me worship her.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Another one that I love to rewatch plenty of times and not get bored of.

Jack and Teal'c go fishing... well, pretend to fish. Poor Teal'c though.

And Daniel has to have his own adventure in Egypt. What is it btw with his significant others being taken over as hosts? Is that like Carter's male interests dying from the black widow curse?

It's good to see some of Daniel's life before the SGC, and meet some of the people he worked with.

Sexy Sarah... okay, that accent kills me dead in a puddle of goo (in a good way obviously). *thunk*
                                Also, love Osiris... very much.

Jealous Stephen... I wonder what they told him in the end? They hopefully made it a good story.

Janet gets to go out, and play in Daniel and Sam's sandbox... but damn, what a bumpy ride in that sandbox she got.

Also, since when do walls in Egytian temples move when someone smashes into them? It's just their luck it didn't break...

And I really LOVE the ship appearing from beneath the sand. It does look a little too fake in the rest of the shot, but it's nevertheless an amazing piece of 3D.
                                And now... for some extra comments, not in the above review, in relation to Stargate Origins which didn't exist at the time of this earlier viewing.

In spoiler space because I have not seen the show but have been spoiled by everyone at Command and everyone here at Gateworld:

Spoiler:

Origins is set in 1938, and contradicting the established canon Catherine galavants off to Abydos and runs into Aset.

Unfortunately, Aset is the Egyptian name of Isis, which is in fact the Greek name. Therefor, it would have been impossible for Aset/Isis to have appeared in Origins because according to The Curse, Isis and Osiris were locked in their stasis jars long before the Stargate was even buried in Egypt so they never left Earth (until Osiris takes over Sarah).

Also, the Stewart Expedition took place in 1931 and the ship taking the artifacts to America, sank a couple months later, so no later than 1932. The wreckage wasn't found until "only a couple of months ago", according to Sarah, therefor 1999-2000 (the time the episode aired). So in 1938, those crates were at the bottom of the ocean, waiting to be found.

So, who's impersonating Isis in Origins? Because it sure isn't the daughter of Geb and Nut, god of the Earth and goddess of the heavens.

How would you rate SG-1's "The Curse?"

Excellent
                                Good
                                Fair
                                Poor
                                Terrible

3-episode quiz: Tangent, The Curse & Serpent's Venom

Jigsaw puzzle: The Curse
                                Last edited by Falcon Horus; 11 May 2018, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X