• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Curse (413)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON FOUR
    EPISODE NUMBER - 413

When his former mentor dies, Dr. Jackson returns to his roots -- and discovers an ancient Egyptian artifact containing a Goa'uld parasite.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 06 February 2021, 09:35 PM.

Ah, a rare episode for me, a Daniel ep. that wasn't boring!

This was a well written ep. with a good grounding in Egyptian mythology. And at last a new baddie with a bit of real menace.

As an aside, I thought Amanda Tapping was looking decidedly carsick during the ride across the desert!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee
      Ah, a rare episode for me, a Daniel ep. that wasn't boring!

This was a well written ep. with a good grounding in Egyptian mythology. And at last a new baddie with a bit of real menace.

As an aside, I thought Amanda Tapping was looking decidedly carsick during the ride across the desert!
      I think you mean "Major Samantha Carter"? Who is this "amanda tapping?"
      sigpic
      Banner By JME2

Comment

I just watched this one last night and maybe I just wasn't paying attention, but how did Osiris take control of Sarah? I suppose I'll rewatch it tonight to try and catch what I missed, but my job is boring and reading a reply would take up some time

Comment

Well, I'm not quite sure but Osiris mentioned that it was Sarah who freed him from his long sleep, so she must have opend the jar, but actually I can't think of a reason why she would do that.
          So actually... I have no idea

Comment

I could be wrong, but wasn't she present when the Prof. scaned the Jar.

They were expecting a heart to be in the jar and finding a guo'ald would be quite a shock. And they may have opened it to see what it was, at which point Osiris took over Sarah.

Of course that's just my theory, but it seems to make sense
            ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
            The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Makes sense.

Would it have been Osiris/Sarah that blew up the lab and killed the professor, then?

Comment

That seems to be likely.
                The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Ah, the start of the 'Osiris/Sarah' saga, well haha, that sounded kind of funny.

When Daniel was looking for the Osiris Jar, and he enters the room and its dark, and him and the other dude looks for the breakers, and they switch the breaker on. How did it get turned off in the first place?
                  Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Something that wasn't explained. Sometimes, they automatically switch themselves off if there is a fault or something
                    __

__

Comment

Yah, usually in all movies or tv's shows, they always go and say 'i'm going to the box' which were the breakers are and such, haha... Its just one of things i'm wondering about.
                      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

It didn't look like a very *new* building....that sometimes just happens in older buildings. Someone must have switched on both the washing machine AND the tumble dryer somewhere

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
                        Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
                        ~CELLO!~
                        ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

Jars full of snakes... that's what I remember

Comment

A good episode becaused it allowed us a small glimpse into Daniel Jackson's life before Stargate SG1, and what those who knew him before thought of his ex-communication from the archaelogical community.

Teal'C and Jack on the 'pier' fishing was also very comical. Can't say I blame Teal'C for his boredom - I find fishing very...boring.

Comment

It was funny how teal'c was hinting that he wanted to leave.

Comment

Working...
                              X