Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Curse (413)

Default Re: The Curse (413)

Well, this is just irritating. My current job situation makes it so that I only get to see about 2 out of 5 weekday episodes, and this is one of those I missed...

(*sigh*) This sucks...

love the teal'c fishing scene. When he's on hte phone to Daniel than smacks the bug, then looks at it, then says 'Banished to oblivion.' It just cracks me up I always think he's talking about the bug for a second!

Banner By JME2

Quote Originally Posted by Crazedwraith
    love the teal'c fishing scene. When he's on hte phone to Daniel than smacks the bug, then looks at it, then says 'Banished to oblivion.' It just cracks me up I always think he's talking about the bug for a second!
    Yeah. In the first two seasons or so, MS and CJ were still pretty new to acting and inexperienced, and it occasionally showed. Usually they were at least decent quality, but rarely were either outstandingly good and occasionally there are moments I've just got to look at and go, wow, that's bad.

By this season, though, both are very good. And besides the big dramatic moments, the places it shows up most often are the comedic bits like that. I doubt CJ could have carried it off quite so well in the first season, or the second.
    My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
    -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
    -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
    -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Man they did a good job of not letting me realize that Osiris' (can't remember her name) host was the one with the Goa'uld. Good suprise there. And more acolates (sp?) for Daniel and his theories that were correct. Good to see that someone (even though there a Goa'uld now) realizes he was right. You notice that every one that finds out Daniel's theories were correct gets killed or taken over. That must to stop.

I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. I have to agree that sometimes Daniel episodes can be a bit boring, but this one definitely was not. He looked delicious in the suit, and I loved his snarky attitude towards Stephen. I also liked seeing him finally come out on top for all his theories.

Great comedic moment with Teal'c and Jack. Poor Teal'c, it's not like he has friends or a home on earth, so he sort of has to go wherever anyone wants to take him.

Sarah was very attractive, and seemed quite intelligent. She did a good job of hiding that she had been taken over by Osiris. Although I wondered where she got the flowing white pantsuit from, at the end!

What I wonder about this ep, is how the Isis goa'uld died. It said the seal was broken on the canopic jar, but why didn't Isis jump out then and into the closest human? Or was the idea that there was no human around so the goa'uld stayed in the jar and died.

Quote Originally Posted by fair_nymph
    I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. I have to agree that sometimes Daniel episodes can be a bit boring, but this one definitely was not. He looked delicious in the suit, and I loved his snarky attitude towards Stephen. I also liked seeing him finally come out on top for all his theories.

Great comedic moment with Teal'c and Jack. Poor Teal'c, it's not like he has friends or a home on earth, so he sort of has to go wherever anyone wants to take him.

Sarah was very attractive, and seemed quite intelligent. She did a good job of hiding that she had been taken over by Osiris. Although I wondered where she got the flowing white pantsuit from, at the end!

What I wonder about this ep, is how the Isis goa'uld died. It said the seal was broken on the canopic jar, but why didn't Isis jump out then and into the closest human? Or was the idea that there was no human around so the goa'uld stayed in the jar and died.
    I think what they meant was that although the seal was broken (disrupting the stasis field and killing the goa'uld), the lid itself was still attached, so Isis couldn't get out. I mean, the Isis jar looked fairly complete from what we saw.
    My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
    -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
    -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
    -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

I liked this one. I really like the Daniel episodes. I guess because I tie him into the movie more than anyone else. Even though O'Neil was in the movie, I didn't connect much with his character until SG1.

I was thinking during this, that on one show they should have the Asgard beam up Jack at one of these 2 moments: Either just as he's about to cast for fishing, or when he just gets a big one on the line. That'd be a lot of fun.

Cool bit of background for daniel, I love the egyptian mythology and they covered a bit of where daniel got that from to.
    He doesn't have much luck with the women in his life though .
    And it makes you wonder how many other goa'uld are waiting round to be discovered.

Nicely worked, finaly some Daniel background which really suited the episodem would have been better if Sara hadnt come out as a Goa'uld but TPTB make the decisions we dont!

Second Lieutenant

An alright episode, nice intro to Osiris......would have liked to see her after "chimera"

yeeah this was a real gem for me, i really like how everyone is sorta involved but all in different places. Daniel History was also very cool.

Good ep. Just watched it again on my journey through all the DVDs. Though Janet going to Egypt with Daniel and Sam seemd off to me. Her and Sam didn't do anything. They got knocked out and woke up when everything was over. Other than that, it was great to see some of Daniel's backstory.

Chief Master Sergeant harsiesis child's Avatar

good episode and as someone told it was not obvious that Sarah was taken by Osiris... I expected also that one day they adapt the myth of Osiris and it was well done
    Anda Anna-Louise Plowman is quite hot...
    Hallowed is RepliCarter!

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/4...ibanner5vz.jpg

Hallowed are the Ori...

Quote Originally Posted by harsiesis child
    good episode and as someone told it was not obvious that Sarah was taken by Osiris...
    Yeah I agree! But luckily I didnt pay attention to the picture on the episode menu on the DVD before watching it, it kind of spoiled it... It shows Sarah taken over by Osiris, with the Goa'uld hand-device...

It was cool to see some of Daniel's backstory! It's a bit ironic that everybody think he ruined his career when in fact he his the luckiest archeologist ever lol

When do you think in the episode she was no longer Sarah? Did we see her as Osiris pretending to be Sarah?

I think Sarah was Osiris for as long as we've known her. Even in the scene immediately after the funeral, Osiris uses her host to try to weasel information out of Daniel.
    SQUEE like no one's listening.

Chief Master Sergeant harsiesis child's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spookyalien
    Yeah I agree! But luckily I didnt pay attention to the picture on the episode menu on the DVD before watching it, it kind of spoiled it... It shows Sarah taken over by Osiris, with the Goa'uld hand-device...

It was cool to see some of Daniel's backstory! It's a bit ironic that everybody think he ruined his career when in fact he his the luckiest archeologist ever lol
    well, it's more complicated than this... yes he has the proof he was right, but he cannot tell it to anyone, and during seven seasons, he has seen Sha're and Skaara taken by goa'ulds, Sha're died, in this episode his ex-girlfriend is taken also by a goa'uld...
    poor Dani...
    Hallowed is RepliCarter!

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/4...ibanner5vz.jpg

Hallowed are the Ori...

From a purely archaeological perspective, Daniel's fascinating discoveries easily make him the luckiest archaeologist alive... ever maybe. Certainly the emotional hardships have decreased the fun a bit, but Daniel sticks with it for the exploration and for the good of the universe.
    SQUEE like no one's listening.

Lieutenant Colonel captain jake's Avatar

Arrow2 Re: The Curse (413)

Nobody has posted in this thread since June 19th, 2006... So let me be the one to wake it up.

The mini stasis chambers for the Goa'uld are extremely cool. I wonder for how much of the episode Sara was carrying Osiris. She tricked Daniel into believing she was Sara so I don't think it was from the beginning. Though you would think that he would notice a slight change in character so perhaps Sara was Osiris the entire time. I don't think there is anyway to know for sure.

Please people post in these threads! I think individual episode discussion is far more interesting than broad threads.

Quote Originally Posted by captain jake View Post
    I wonder for how much of the episode Sara was carrying Osiris. She tricked Daniel into believing she was Sara so I don't think it was from the beginning. Though you would think that he would notice a slight change in character so perhaps Sara was Osiris the entire time. I don't think there is anyway to know for sure.
    Yeah, there's no way to be sure, but it seemed to me that Sarah had her body for at least part of the episode.

Good idea to introduce Osiris because by the beginning of Season 5...
    Spoiler:
    ...by the beginning of Season 5 Heru'ur, Cronus, AND Apophis will be dead.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast