Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Kate Mulgrew Interview

http://www.totallykate.com/teafive/venstar.html

Kate Mulgrew freely admits that Katharine Hepburn never used to be her "cup of tea."

So it was hardly a dream of the actress -- best known as Capt. Kathryn Janeway on "Star Trek: Voyager" -- to portray the legendary Hepburn in aone-woman show.

But playwright Matthew Lombardo had no idea how Mulgrew felt about Hepburn. They hadn't met. While watching an episode of "Voyager" with friend Nancy Addison, Lombardo exclaimed, "That actress should play Katharine Hepburn."

Addison, who appeared for years with Mulgrew on "Ryan's Hope," replied, "That actress is my best friend. If you write something I'll make sure she reads it."

It took Lombardo just three days to complete a draft of "Tea at Five."

"I remember when I received it thinking, 'This is going to be great or a disaster,' " Mulgrew said. She quickly decided it was the former.
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri
Working...
X