This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Financial Crisis?

Just wondering how many people here are in financial crisis on a monthly basis? you know...where almost all of your check except $100 goes towards bills..and that $100 goes towards food and gas which has to last until you get paid again?

I'm deffinetly one of them. My wife is working and I work and we still can't save even a dime. I'm 27 now...just thinking of what life will be like when i'm 40 is a scary thought in itself. I'm thinking of going on a rice only diet.
    It feels good to be alive.
    Cause i've been dead for so long.

Not me

Have you considered coming up with a moneyspinning idea?
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
      Not me

Have you considered coming up with a moneyspinning idea?

I wish. I'm working on a comic series...but it's indie and it'll be a while before (if) anything ever comes up it in terms of making money.

Comment

Well if I ever work for a comic book company I will look you up
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet
          Just wondering how many people here are in financial crisis on a monthly basis? you know...where almost all of your check except $100 goes towards bills..and that $100 goes towards food and gas which has to last until you get paid again?

I'm deffinetly one of them. My wife is working and I work and we still can't save even a dime. I'm 27 now...just thinking of what life will be like when i'm 40 is a scary thought in itself. I'm thinking of going on a rice only diet.
          I empathize. Your life sounds like abit of a struggle. If there's any comfort in numbers, there are many others struggling with you. I can't say that I'm in your situation but that's only because I don't have to pay rent.

If you must do the rice diet, a couple packets of ketchup should add to the nutritional benefit

Make solid plans for the day you have money. It's a good way to never waste an opportunity.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
            I empathize. Your life sounds like abit of a struggle. If there's any comfort in numbers, there are many others struggling with you. I can't say that I'm in your situation but that's only because I don't have to pay rent.

If you must do the rice diet, a couple packets of ketchup should add to the nutritional benefit

Make solid plans for the day you have money. It's a good way to never waste an opportunity.

I'm sure i'll get $100 to put into savings someday...

I hear drug dealing is a thriving industry...hmm

j/k

Comment

So is being a hired gun. I wouldn't reccomend it though. High risk jobs. You never know when you'll be forced to transport contraband in body cavities that never see the light of day and may be forcibly removed on an episode of Cops with the aid of latex and vaseline.

Other perfectly legal options... well sort of legal.

If you get in good shape (situps are free ) you can get a few friends and put on a strip show like The Full Monty.

Or you can put together your own nude calendar, like in Calendar Girls. You may lose some dignity but these days it's not worth as much as it used to be.

Finding religion can also be profitable. Start your own religion/cult (But don't tell anyone I said so. I don't think my minister would approve).

If you ever watched the movie Fight Club, there's always the option of collecting human fat from plastic surgeons and making it into soap.... eww

And if none of these work, you can just rent the movies I've mentioned and comfort yourself.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

GhostPoet...I empathise, I long ago resolved myself to the fact that life is a struggle. I thought things were bad but add two kids into the mix, I forgot any ambitions of being anything other than 'managing'...and aspire to the day when I can say I'm 'comfortable'.

The things that have got me through harsh times are the knowledge that (yes I know it's a cliche) money can't buy love or happiness. I've been blessed with a wonderful husband and wonderful kids, rich or poor that's still a fact. Funny thing is that the older you get the more important these things become. Don't live a life feeling sorry for what you haven't got, feel lucky for what you have got. You've got a wife who loves you (well I presume/hope she does) ...there's alot of rich chaps out there who haven't even got that.

Comment

Working...
                X