X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$4 for a gallon gas coming soon

Experts: $4 a gallon gas coming soon

http://money.cnn.com/2005/08/31/news...ices/index.htm

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Consumers can expect retail gas prices to rise to $4 a gallon soon, but whether they stay there depends on the long-term damage to oil facilities from Hurricane Katrina, oil and gas analysts said Wednesday.

Hey, if it leads to more efficient fuel use, smaller cars, that sort of thing... then it works for me.

Madeleine

Comment

Well, Americans should stop complaining.

They're paying a little over $2 a gallon while Candians are paying about $1 a liter.

If you convert the Canadian $/liter to American $/gallon it comes to more than $3. Canadians are paying more for gas than Americans are...

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
      Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

I'm so glad I take the Metro...
        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Toaster Roaster
          Experts: $4 a gallon gas coming soon

http://money.cnn.com/2005/08/31/news...ices/index.htm

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Consumers can expect retail gas prices to rise to $4 a gallon soon, but whether they stay there depends on the long-term damage to oil facilities from Hurricane Katrina, oil and gas analysts said Wednesday.
          I read it on Yahoo. Thats suck so bad. I think I'll get a Segway unsted of a car when I turn 16.
          I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

I live in Wisconsin, and my mom told me that gas went up 20 Cents, I think over the last 2 days
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
              I'm so glad I take the Metro...
              Heh. I don't even know how to drive yet lol.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
              Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

I live in Chitown and the public transportation's great, though they did raise the prices on the CTA a while back... anyways, the gas is crazy here, hybred or fully eletric cars are definitly the new generation.
                sigpic
                Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

I paid $2.69 for regular last night. The average price this morning was $3. there was still a gas station selling for $2.69 this evening... they were jam packed.

There was another gas station selling regular for $3.19. I found that reprehensible... it's less than two miles away from the refinery.

But if these prices make people come to their senses and stop buying gas guzzling SUVs and actually take conservation seriously... it's all good.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

You should see what we pay in the UK if you think that's expensive.

Comment

I hope Americans learn to save gas. They complain about spending tons of money on gas (which they really don't compared to the rest of the world) and then they buy SUVs! And they don't need them. It was so different in Paris and Bermuda.

My parents just put a down payment on a Pryus (sp? probably butchered it)(one of those hybrids that gets realy good gas mileage). My dad really wanted it. GOOD. We've never had an SUV, and we don't need it for driving around town.
                      Last edited by gatehorse; 01 September 2005, 01:14 AM.
                      gatehorse

lj here if you're interested.

Comment

o thats ok my town ran out of gas....
                        at 10 pm here 1 of are gas station ran out of gas, and we only got 2 gas stations in my town. well right after the 1 gas station ran out every1 jumped on the other station in are town....

the other gas station had a half a tank left (like 200 gallons).
                        they just sold out(1:11) at 3 bux a gallons......

o i am told it was funny no1 know the gas station was about to run out.... 3 ppl where pumping and all the gas posts just sarted flashing... i wish i was there to see the ppl... lmfao

now the only gas station there is around us is 3 miles away

its good for me, im a tow truck driver lol...
                        and they still got lots of diesel @ 2.75 a gallon

Never forget the power of words, and how it can affect someone's life.
                        Always remember there's another person on the other side of the computer.

Comment

If only it were that cheap in the UK, if only...

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

taxation on gas in the uk where i live is way more than in the us, if the americans think that prices are too much then they should stop being one of the biggest users of oil in the world, i think the europeans and the uk will suffer a lot more than the us since everything over here is taxed to hell anyway.
                            For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

You think $4/gal is expensive???? In Germany we have to pay €1,30 - €1,40 for a liter!!! That makes $6 - $6,50 for a gallon!!!!
                              Glad that I don't have a car!
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                              X