Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Ancient" storylines, from 2 show too much?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Ancient" storylines, from 2 show too much?

we first findout about the "Ancient" the gatebuilder ,then we lean more about their connection to the human race ,and ascension.It was interesting .

But now S9 SG1,we will learn more about them, and their connection to the Ori,where they came from and where they went.

And SGA, the SGA team are deep inside the Pegasus, living in their most advance city and they learn more about the "Ancient"

Do we need to two show about the Ancient storyline?Is that a bit too much

They have a lot of secret, in Milkyway and in Pegasus.

Spoiler about SG1, and SGA
    SG1
    The episode Arthur's mantle and Camelot is probably related to the Merlin (An Ancient), the ori storyline and episode Fourth Horseman ,when the Ori unleash a plague on Earth ,we will learn a lot about the Ori and Ancient.
    SGA spoiler
    The team will find a ship full of Ancient or are they really Ancient
    Then they will find a colony of Ancient waiting to Ascend on a planet where time are slower than the rest of the Galaxy.

Because of the impact the ancients had on the Stargate universe, there has been a great demand to learn more about them. Personally, I'm very happy TPTB are exploring them in both series.

Comment

The Ancients, and Altera, I don't really need to know that much more about them, their technology yes, I do want to know more about the Ori, if that includes the Ancients so be it.

Comment

We're talking about the Gate-Builders here, of course a show named starGATE is going to explore them!

Frankly I'm loving it. Unlike the Gou'ald, who were just normal guys with snakes in them, these are (almost) literally Gods.

Comment

Personally, I really like the Ancient oriented storylines. The human race has come a long way since beginning to study them, and I hope tptb keep us going along that path.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'm pretty happy overall with the fact that the Ancients are being explored, but I can also understand where ckwongau is coming from. Too much of a good thing and all that. Although TPTB seem to be nipping that problem in the bud by having SGA focus more on the Wraith's backstory and self-contained adventures with random races around the Pegasus Galaxy, not unlike how many of SG-1's earlier episodes focused on day-to-day missions where the team would just happen to encounter something on a new planet each week that might or might not have been related to the Goa'uld. Meanwhile, SG-1 seems to be dealing with the fallout of the Goa'uld's overthrow in the MW galaxy and the machinations of the Priors in equal doses. I think both shows are doing just fine with the Ancients as the overarching backdrop for both of their stories by focusing on other aspects from episode to episode. It creates a nice balance with a lot of possibilities.
            Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
            Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
            Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
            Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

I totally agree with you, TheCorpulent1. Tptb are balancing things nicely in both shows. That's one of the reasons I hope to still be watching these shows a couple years from now.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

9 seasons in we're well overdue for an explanation of the people who're responsible for the existence of all humanity in the milky way and Pegasus. I don't think it will be overdone since each episode's plot will take centerstage and it always seems the Ancients only serve to spark an idea rather than become the focus of it. So I'm not worried about them overtaking the show.

I did find it a bit annoying that the ancients seem to be responsible for all and sunder but I'm flexible. I got over it. Now I'm just enjoying every new tid bit of info they reveal about them. There is just so much to know.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Yeah, the Ancients do seem a bit overwhelming now, given what we know of them. They mastered time travel, built the Stargates, created a device that could seed or destroy all life in an entire galaxy, ascended to become metaphysical beings, etc., etc. It's becoming pretty tough to suspend my disbelief that the Wraith could've ever beaten these guys and still not have managed to kill the ignorant (by comparison) Atlantis crew yet. SG-1's looking like it'll have the opposite problem: The Ori are so damned powerful that they're gonna have a tough time figuring out ways to effectively fight them, let alone beat them.
                  Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
                  Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
                  Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
                  Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

Working...
                  X