X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extremely good point, well done.
    "I met a traveller from an antique land..."

Comment

I am really enjoying this thread -now I really want to watch ‘Tangent’ once I return home (currently in Lisbon). This episode has always been a fave.

I just want to say how grateful I am for the wonderful interaction I see on this forum, it feeds my addiction to the show while not adding overly-much to the feeling that I’m a sad bastard for taking so devoted an interest in a program that has now been out of production for ten years now.

Thanks, everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by photoglyph View Post
        I just want to say how grateful I am for the wonderful interaction I see on this forum, it feeds my addiction to the show while not adding overly-much to the feeling that I’m a sad bastard for taking so devoted an interest in a program that has now been out of production for ten years now.
        Applies to just everyone on the board.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Observations upon watching this episode last night:

Teal’c and Jack are wearing G-Suits(Anti-G Suit in Britain, Canada, Australia) irrespective of the fact that ‘pilots are immune to ordinary G-Forces.’ Per Captain Carter. Most likely for back-up which means the support system would’ve had to have been installed in the glider.

I think once their craft was struck by the expended missile, they likely would’ve experienced condensation on the canopy as CO2 levels began to increase.

I also think the instrumentation in the cockpit is more akin to a 70’s model Buick than a fighter or spacecraft but Goua’ld craft clearly function without the gauges and displays that human craft need.

I rate this episode as excellent, love it.

Comment

Errors:

1.They mentioned that there is no gravitation pressure in the cockpit, but O'Neill was still making sounds.
            http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/4x12/04.jpg

2.The animation was re-used and modified from the 2x05 Need.
            http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/4x12/01.jpg
            http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/4x12/02.jpg

3.The stars should not move in the background as the distance is so small what the glider makes in space that the background should stay the same.
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
              3.The stars should not move in the background as the distance is so small what the glider makes in space that the background should stay the same.
              Details that can make or break a scene -- for me anyway.

Comment

Not much to say about that fine episode, except that it's good to see the beginning of the making of Earth's own Armada (sort of lol)

But really, I think the asgards take a lot of time to repay Earth for sg1 saving their asses against the replicators.. I'm just getting impatient, because I'm sure they will eventually give a response to that matter
                I also think about Maybourne not being dealt with after the events of Shades of Grey (ok he disappears or whatever), and not even those of Watergate..

I mean, Watergate was such a big deal and there's no answer to what will happen to the second Stargate in Russia

Comment

We have seen the second gate in season 1 and 2 too, but then the DHD will play a key role in season 5, while the second gate will save Earth in season 6.
                  "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Ooh, nice ! And of course I saw it the episode that treats the Maybourne question

Comment

I don't know if it is spoiler or not anymore, just I don't want to talk about future events in season 4's episode threads. If you haven't watched the show yet, you will get your answers in later seasons.

The "Russian" stargate has even played an important role in Continuum too.

Comment

Fair enough. I was a bit impatient, I'm better now !

Comment

Originally posted by Razibot View Post
                          Fair enough. I was a bit impatient, I'm better now !
                          You're not gonna get any spoilers out of Platschu... ...although, maybe he can be bribed.

Comment

Haha. He will learn and enjoy the hospitality of the Goa'uld which will never ever leave him. Like a long term relationship.

Comment

12:18 for puzzle. Better late than never.

Comment

Working...
                              X