• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tangent (412)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON FOUR
    EPISODE NUMBER - 412

A test gone wrong leaves Jack and Teal'c marooned in space aboard a damaged prototype attack ship.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 06 February 2021, 09:23 PM.

Okay, humans cannot survive in a vacuum completely unharmed. Maybe Jaffa, sure, but not Jack. Even if he was alive when they brought him aboard with the ring transporter, he'd be in critical need of medical care. It wouldn't just be "ow, my head hurts." I do believe Jack could survive, but not without intensive care.

Does anyone have any contradicting information that won't make me lose faith in SG-1's scientific advisors?
    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

there weren't in a vacuum they had they air that was in cockpit with them. I don't know if thats a credible exuse though. If not weill Plot device, Mr Majar Tyler. plot device.
      sigpic
      Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
        Does anyone have any contradicting information that won't make me lose faith in SG-1's scientific advisors?
        Go with the 'plot device' routine... it saves you lots of headaches

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Its as much a plot device as the existance of the DHD in Children of the Gods.
          The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

they wouldn't want to end an episode with the need to have jack seek immediate medical attention. why not end the episode with a nice ribbon eh? but hey...it was a good ep...good jack/teal'c interaction and good sam/jacob interaction...with daniel's lovely goa'uld speaking skills :-D plus another bonus was major davis !
            My flickr photography.

Comment

Originally posted by angsty_otaku
              daniel's lovely goa'uld speaking skills :-D

love the "great and powerful Oz," line!!

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
                Go with the 'plot device' routine... it saves you lots of headaches

I prefer to call it, 'Suspension of disbelief.'
                Don't green it unless you mean it.

Comment

Indeed it was an interesting yet funny episode, from Jack an Sam being covertly updated to the return of the Wizard of Oz quotes. I really liked it when Jack was suffering from anoxia >>>Jacob is that you, did you know your ships bigger than ours; funny stuff

Comment

Well, this episode gives proof positive that the the Tok'ra are a bunch of— big meanies.

Jolinar's Memories
                    Tok'ra: "One of our agents has vital information that we must retrieve, but he's been captured by Sokar and placed in an prison where no escape is possible. We want you to go in, find out that information, and maybe try to find a way home. By the way, the agent is Sam's dad."

SGC: "When do we leave?"

Tangent
                    SGC: "Our top field commander and the figurehead leader of the Jaffa rebellion are stuck in a broken-down Death Glider. Could you guys spare a day and send a shuttle over to rescue them?"

Tok'ra: "Screw you. Though we have an agent who can do that, we can't be bothered by such an errand."

No wonder Jack hates them so much— with the exception of Jacob and Selmak, who did find time to save the day.

Comment

I'm not saying I think the Tok'ra are all bad.. But this is yet another one of the points. I think that the relationship between the Tauri and the Tok'ra should be minimalized to the extreme. They shouldn't go to us for assitance and we shouldn't go to them. Although, I would like to point out that a Tok'ra did supply Carter and Jackson with enough information to locate Selmak.
                      The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

A ggod ep., with lots of cool FX.

Hmmmm, CGI! (drools)
                        sigpic

Comment

I liked this episode as well, no real enemies really, haha... Cocky airforce
                          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Selmak had a good point... not to tamper with things you don't understand.

Comment

The USAF was taking the easy way out... just fix it and slap a USAF sticker on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X