No announcement yet.

Tangent (412)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Due to personal reasons I have not been able to continue the rewatch in the last three weeks, so I have some catching up to do to get back on track.

Anyway, while the below review of my last rewatch is still pretty accurate for this viewing, I do have to add that I wasn't at the edge of my seat or feeling very with the story. It's a "low budget" one and all very stationary. Doesn't make it a bad story but I wasn't wow'ed or intrigued with what was going on, or even felt some -- whatever feeling -- towards the characters. Some pretty decent lines though.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    "My other flyer is a ha'tak!"

They slapped a sticker onto a deathglider and called it their own... that's just bound to go wrong.

I love the dialogue between Jacob, Carter and Daniel. Politics, it's always about politics!

He's taking her for a spin... around the world. And then Teal'c returns and blows the windows of the cars to kingdom comes... Woohoo!

Some sweet flying... before the recall device puts an end to their fun. It always ends in tears, doesn't it.
    How would you rate SG-1's "Tangent?"

Excellent
    Good
    Fair
    Poor
    Terrible
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Can we just do three episodes this week instead of trying to catch up? I'm in no hurry
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Can we just do three episodes this week instead of trying to catch up? I'm in no hurry
        Yup, we can ... I'm perfectly OK with that.

Comment

3-episode quiz: Tangent, The Curse & Serpent's Venom

Jigsaw puzzle: Tangent

Comment

12:58. Jelgate is right, he is always right, he is always faster. And I do not care
            http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Jelgate being right, is like a law of nature, so nothing we can do about that.

Well done!

Comment

I have always loved this episode.

Seaboe
                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I'm kind of surprised. I almost never agree with Seaboe. I usually have to tell her she is wrong. I always enjoy this episode for how we attempt to reverse engineer technology and lesson of the dangers of good to far ahead. I find myself agreeing with Selmack in this episode. The Jack and Tealc one liners are hilarious. This an excellent. I also got 7 minutes 49 seconds on the quiz
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

It surprised me, and I know TBTP, when people told them how much they like this episode.
                    I believe it was thought up to be a cheaper one to do - so much of jack and teal’c ‘s time on a set - but was written so well that it’s very enjoyable. I too love the one liners and quips. Everyone just got it right.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      I'm kind of surprised. I almost never agree with Seaboe.

While I was typing that, I thought to myself, "this probably means Jelgate hates it".

Seaboe
                      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

And the 8-minute streak continues => 8:28

Comment

I didn't feel like doing the puzzle this time.

I thought this was a good episode. Interesting that Jacob now thinks the earth is young, and he has a point. Earth is pretty new at this, and they don't fully understand how the technology works.

Comment

Originally posted by BethHG View Post
                            I didn't feel like doing the puzzle this time.
                            They are not mandatory. They are just for fun.

Originally posted by BethHG View Post
                            I thought this was a good episode. Interesting that Jacob now thinks the earth is young, and he has a point. Earth is pretty new at this, and they don't fully understand how the technology works.
                            Well, the Nox already said so.

Comment

I really like this episode, rate it 'excellent.' Love the interaction between Jack and Teal'c. I sort of always think episodes such as this are where their friendship tends to develop -sort of figure when they're not on a mission, they probably have little interaction with one another. Though I strangely suspect they remain on base a lot but for different reasons. Jack seems duty bound even when not on duty and Teal'c likely stays on base owing to his Apophis mark and aspects of life outside the base being mostly alien to him.

I also like the tech when they attempt a staggered burn of the missiles' propellants to achieve a course deflection. Reprogramming the craft's systems to do a burn of the missiles while simultaneously bypassing the launch sequence. I think the rescue is a bit poorly executed and rushed but still love the episode. Also like Steven Williams as Major. Vadrine. Loved him as the deep throat-type character on the X-Files (another of my favorite programs).

Will wait to attempt quiz until after a proper rewatch.
                              "I met a traveller from an antique land..."

Comment

Originally posted by photoglyph View Post
                                Also like Steven Williams as Major. Vadrine. Loved him as the deep throat-type character on the X-Files (another of my favorite programs).
                                OH... that's where I recognize him from... DOH!!

Comment

Working...
                                X