No announcement yet.

Tangent (412)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem I sometime have with episodes like this is the number of options at their finger tips. I would have like to see something about the Nox not being able to help. Good episode.

Comment

The Nox aren't even in this episode. Or is that your point, that they should've run down the list of all their allies and why they couldn't help? IMO, that would be really boring and pointless.

Seaboe
      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Didn't the Nox bury their Stargate? The SGC wouldn't even be able to contact them, not without the help of the Tollan or maybe the Asgard...
        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
          That's interesting, since I recall seeing an old-model death glider hovering above the ground, stationary, suggesting that unmodified gliders have anti-gravity engines. (It's the episode where SG-1 is rescued from Hathor.) Well, at least they have the inertial dampening field while flying in-atmosphere. Prevents black-outs.
          Also u can accelerate and manoeuvre much faster and crashing would be less damaging though recoil would be a pain and u would be knocked around like hell by rounds

Comment

One of the best eps for me - Teal'c and O'Neill very private and expecting their deaths.

Funny elements in the end - well written and played.
            CARPE DIEM
            ANJA

Comment

This is Solitudes in space with Teal'c, basically. A wonderful formula as I love this kind of trapped in space theme. The trapped feeling is really heightened by the use of silence rather than music in certain exterior space shots, they're just surrounded by darkness - good editing.

I also found Hammond telling Jack they had to wait another 24 hours particularly distressing as they're just so powerless at that moment - Jack must just want to jump out of his seat and rip the whole thing apart ha.

Also for me, like Solitudes, it's a rather sad episode. We see them strapped in for their own deaths, not the way we usually see them. And it hits home when we hear one of Teal'c's "last words" to Jack. "What more is there to be said?" Exactly.. I must remember to watch both Solitudes and Tangent together sometime with a few glasses of whiskey.

I do find myself rather unconcerned with the physics of this episode when watching so I'm not sure how well they stand up. I'd probably rather not know.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger View Post
                another cute ep - I'd totally forgotten it.

one of my very very favourite Stargate moments over any series:

Colonel, General, Major, General, Doctor, General...
                Definitely a funny moment. They did this in another episode but I can't remember which one.
                sigpic

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."
                ~ Supreme Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious

Comment

Originally posted by KennClique View Post
                  Definitely a funny moment. They did this in another episode but I can't remember which one.
                  season 2 Secrets, they also did it in an episode of Atlantis. It seems to be a bit of a running joke in the franchise.

Comment

IIRC, it's inspired by some movie (which I hadn't seen and know nothing about).

Seaboe
                    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                      IIRC, it's inspired by some movie (which I hadn't seen and know nothing about).

Seaboe
                      Spies like us from 1985.

Comment

O'Neill: Cheyenne, we have a problem.

Cool episode. Loved the claustrophobic feel of them in the glider. It wouldn't be funny in real life, but O'Neill was pretty funny when he was going crazy with anoxia or carbon dioxide poisoning.
                        sigpic

Comment

I assume you mean at the end, when they were trying to wake him up. Because his earlier check in speeches were more touching than funny.

Seaboe

Comment

Oh, definitely. Subordinates all but swearing at their superiors in life threatening situations are always hilarious.
                            sigpic

Comment

Just did a re-watch, and still chuckle every time i see Danny on the comms

"OZ, Kree!"

Comment

Same here - like his improvised conversation!
                                CARPE DIEM
                                ANJA

Comment

Working...
                                X