Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
    Jack was so funny but isn't he always?

lol yes, and some times a little random... but it's all part of his charm.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
    "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
    a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Several hundred years to return to Apophis' homeworld without a hyperdrive? That has to be a mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Pond Hopper View Post
        Several hundred years to return to Apophis' homeworld without a hyperdrive? That has to be a mistake.
        Carter has underestimated the hataks on more than on occassion...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
        "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
        a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Originally posted by Lunaeclipse View Post
          Carter has underestimated the hataks on more than on occassion...
          Yes but this is Teal'c talking about a Death glider.

Comment

Originally posted by Pond Hopper View Post
            Yes but this is Teal'c talking about a Death glider.
            Oh yeah. It's been too long since I've watched that ep. Sometimes I forget that Teal'c knows about the death gliders. and stuff.

Comment

I had never noticed before until I watched the episode with commentary, that when Teal'c does his flyover at the start of the episode the car windows all explode!
              Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

Oh, and for the people saying how Jack wouldn't've survived the rescue? Listen to the commentary because they explain in excruciating detail why he would.

Seaboe
                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I always loved watching those flyovers..

Comment

Tuesday night and another ep of SG1...

1. WOO HOO! WOO HOO HOO!

2. "Cheyenne, we have a problem".

3. "Backatcha". A Jackism I've used often enough since then.

4. The Great and mighty Oz!

5. Jack acting dumb with lack of oxygen.

Some dumb stuff at a scientific level but still a fun ep if you ignore that!
                    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I enjoyed the episode, and we finally get to see what they did with the death gliders they "commandeered" from seasons ones finale. Jack's excitement for his new toy is funny, can't ever take the pilot out of him.

I liked Jacob's involvement, but I always found him to be bit of a jerk with his reactions to Earth's attempts at trying to build technology to save themselves. Although in the commentary, I do like the directors pointing out his outfit is cow stomach - and how unhappy the actor was to be wearing it.

For a slower moving episode the actors did a good job at creating a tense and emotional atmosphere during whole episode.

Oh, and for the people saying how Jack wouldn't've survived the rescue? Listen to the commentary because they explain in excruciating detail why he would.
                      Yes, in the commentary, they do state that you are able to actually last a few seconds before the effects of space affect the body.
                      Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

Another favourite episode. I like this for reminding me why I liked SG-1's early days, the days when it wasn't an easy fix. No beaming out with Asgard technology at the final moment.

This had the tension and drama of it being a real certainty that Jack and Teal'c may not survive. Their loneliness and helplessness in the vastness of space was wonderfully shown in the scene where the ship glides across the screen in front of the sun in the distance.

The fact that tinkering with alien technology caused such an unforeseen problem was good. The curious humans will investigate everything, and that is what I love about this show, especially in the early days, the trial and error!

Jacob's reaction was a funny one, acting a bit like a mother hen for Earth, admonishing them for messing around with things they shouldn't be messing with, they could get hurt!!!

Cow's stomach?!!! Seriously?!!! I always thought the Tok'ra outfits looked weird, but this?!

I have to ask the question.......how can anyone know that an unprotected human can survive even for a few seconds in the vacuum of space?! Hmmmm.....

Comment

I will admit to cheering with the rest of them at the end.
                          Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                            Another favourite episode. I like this for reminding me why I liked SG-1's early days, the days when it wasn't an easy fix. No beaming out with Asgard technology at the final moment.

This had the tension and drama of it being a real certainty that Jack and Teal'c may not survive. Their loneliness and helplessness in the vastness of space was wonderfully shown in the scene where the ship glides across the screen in front of the sun in the distance.

The fact that tinkering with alien technology caused such an unforeseen problem was good. The curious humans will investigate everything, and that is what I love about this show, especially in the early days, the trial and error!

Jacob's reaction was a funny one, acting a bit like a mother hen for Earth, admonishing them for messing around with things they shouldn't be messing with, they could get hurt!!!

Cow's stomach?!!! Seriously?!!! I always thought the Tok'ra outfits looked weird, but this?!

I have to ask the question.......how can anyone know that an unprotected human can survive even for a few seconds in the vacuum of space?! Hmmmm.....
                            Thier have tested how long higher lifeforms can survive without oxygen
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

An average filter episode. Although, a boring plot that was made interesting.

Stuff from the commentary:
                              • The end of the teaser was inspired by the Air Force Recruiting video
                              • Jack throwing a pen at Teal'c was Peter DeLuise's idea

Tomorrow, old colleagues of Daniel's appear.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bookwormjules View Post
                                I do like the directors pointing out his outfit is cow stomach - and how unhappy the actor was to be wearing it.
                                Ew, I'm not surprised... Poor Carmen...

My LiveJournal post
                                "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                                "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                                "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                                "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                                >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Working...
                                X