No announcement yet.

Tangent (412)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked this episode. I thought he was saying something about OZ before he even translated the line.

Comment

This must be one of the only episodes I found a bit boring, but everybody else seems to like it so maybe I missed the point. I just felt the storyline was a bit weak.

Comment

It was an okay episode, nothing really there to get you on the edge of your seat a few comdy moments with Daniel saying he is the great and all powerful Oz and Jacobs Scotty line !!!

Comment

yeah it was a little above average, I liked how jack tried waking Teal'c up!

Comment

I didnt really like this episode it was a bit long drawn out. But Oz was good.
            Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

this was the first episode i ever saw but i didnt really appreciate it till i watched it for a 3rd time

Comment

How do people like this episode it was boring beyond belief. Other than the Oz quote, this episode was one of best stinkers of all time.
                STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
                legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

What exactly were they "Tangent" to anyways?
                  They went off on a tangent from their original plan - which was to participate in a military exercise to show off the new plane and ended up with them stranded as the plane headed out into deep space. Or, as my dictionary puts it: "Tangent: on a completely different and divergent course from that intended."

Like a couple of previous posters, I found this one dreadfully boring when I first watched it. In fact, I think I even switched off halfway through. Skip ahead about a year and I woke up with a sudden, inexplicable urge to watch all my SG1 tapes. Hit this one and - just adored it. Go figure. I can't explain it. All I know is that it suddenly became one of my favourite episodes and I simply cannot understand what I found boring about it to begin with.

The script in particular is sharp and witty. I love watching the relationship between Teal'c and Jack, with its beautifully poignant moments and its basis in their friendship. The tension is skillfully racked up throughout the hour and it has some genuinely cute and laugh out loud moments. Far too many in fact for me to pick a favourite to quote here. Plus - it has Jacob. How could you not love an episode that includes Jacob? It also has some of my favourite music beats - such as the music they use in the teaser with the plane and the music they use as Teal'c and Jack are ringed up from the plane. Oh, and Jack and Teal'c arriving safely on the ship and then promptly falling over like frozen popsicles never fails to have me ROTFL. And I love the end scene with the SGC going crazy and Davis and Hammond. Lump in my throat as the end credits roll, every single time. And Davis! How could you not love an episode that has Davis?

So this one for me is cute, funny, poignant, dramatic, tense and steeped in character relationships. Not just Jack and Teal'c, but Sam and Daniel working to bring their friends safely home. Jacob and /Sam/Jack/Daniel, even Hammond and Davis interacting.

It's all good.

Albion
                  Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Oh, I agree with Albion. Yessir.
                    Being a Jack-fan and a whump-fan this one caught me from the beginning. Also interested in space-flight, the solar system and science-geek, I knew exactly what they were trying to do with the 'nudge'. Everything I like. A team episode even though they were separated, a tear-jerker and a laugher.
                    Major Davis forever endeared himself to me by tearing up at one point. *sniffles*
                    Jacob, who didn't ask anything more after Daniel told him "Jack and Teal'c are in trouble."

*digs out the DVD* I've got to watch it again.

You're never too old to do something goofy.
                    sigpic
                    Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

*digs out the DVD* I've got to watch it again.
                      LOL - yeah, me too. Once I got to thinking about all those wonderful moments earlier I just couldn't resist. <happy sigh>

Albion
                      Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Jynjyr
                        Major Davis forever endeared himself to me by tearing up at one point. *sniffles*
                        OH the man knew how to show emotion.

Comment

IMO, this was an ep where they did a lot with very little and it was well written. *thumbs up*
                          All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                          Pay it forward

Comment

I have a question, and this is my first post.
                            Remember when they stopped accelerating and started cruising out of the solar system? after that, they were going a million miles an hour.
                            Did they suddenly stop after the rockets failed to slingshot them around Jupiter?
                            During the whole last scene, it seemed as if both vessels came to a stop.
                            The nudge, the transporter rings, was all in complete stillness! wouldn't popping the cockpit and floating up be impossible if both ships were travelling at a million miles an hour?

Your thoughts...

Comment

Originally posted by momo
                              I have a question, and this is my first post.
                              Remember when they stopped accelerating and started cruising out of the solar system? after that, they were going a million miles an hour.
                              Did they suddenly stop after the rockets failed to slingshot them around Jupiter?
                              During the whole last scene, it seemed as if both vessels came to a stop.
                              The nudge, the transporter rings, was all in complete stillness! wouldn't popping the cockpit and floating up be impossible if both ships were travelling at a million miles an hour?

Your thoughts...
                              Motion is relative in space. If both craft are moving at exactly the same speed, without an external point of reference they would appear to be completely still. Here's a question for you...how can a fly move freely within your car when you are traveling a 60 MPH down the highway?

Also, Jacob could have stopped the X-302 with a tractor beam off-camera.
                              Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                                Motion is relative in space. If both craft are moving at exactly the same speed, without an external point of reference they would appear to be completely still. Here's a question for you...how can a fly move freely within your car when you are traveling a 60 MPH down the highway?

Also, Jacob could have stopped the X-302 with a tractor beam off-camera.
                                O'Niell and Teal'c, relative to the modified death glider, when pushing off, would have been left far behind, right?

Wouldn't it be the same as opening the car window and putting the fly outside?
                                Last edited by momo; 04 December 2005, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X