Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tangent (412)

Second Lieutenant

Default Re: Tangent (412)

"in all seriousness, if that's alright with you colonel" made me laugh. and jack's whoop when teal'c gave his assessment of the test flight.

exciting ep. trapped in space. and because of my favorite system lord. i love all that airforce lingo.

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by captain jake View Post
    As for the whole "you can't just slap a U.S. Air Force sticker on the side of a Death Glider speech" was way off. In my opinion it's those small steps that got the United States to where it is today.
    my sentiments exactly. it is rather unfair of jacob to say that. in view of the threat of the goa'uld, humans don't have the time to wait and study. they have to do something with what they have and try to improve it.

there are always risks in anything that we do. whether it's trying out a new brand of ice cream or testing a new glider. we shouldn't hold ourselves back just because there are risks.

Chief Master Sergeant HelloVelo's Avatar

I loved how outraged Sam was when Jacob called humans infantile. It really felt like a typical family argument.

Rating: 8/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2008/07/tangent.html
    My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
    http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

O'neill was hillarious when he was starved of oxygen he looked so out of it and then he just throws a screw driver or something at teal'c lmao great episode

It was a nice episode. Jack looked a bit lost without enough oxygen .

Loved the FX in this episode.

Rating : 7 / 10

Not a bad episode. Lulled a bit in places. 6/10 maybe? I did love how Jack threw the screwdriver at Teal'c to awaken him - pretty funny. I didn't think a lot of it was credible though - especially transporting them thru the rings with only a headache afterwards. Not one I'd watch again.
    Maria
    Fan of SG-1, SGA, STNG, Sliders, Firefly, Fringe, & Sanctuary

I reckon the best bit of this episode is when jack is talking to jacob while delirious. Some of his best.
    Some say that he has only one ear.
    And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
    All we know is he's called

I had missed the Oz reference the first time I watched this (in fact, I think I missed a majority of Oz references). LOL @ Daniel claiming to be Oz.

During the test first test flight, Jack's sarcasm and playful remarks were funny but bordered on being a bit overdone. I'm glad the General whats-his-name pointed it out, diffusing what could've otherwise been a painfully sarcastic scene with just the right amount of humor. Well played and very entertaining.

Jacob and Sam's little spat was interesting and rather jarring. Yes, human's are behind them in technology but what do you expect them to do? I think that particular little battle had been playing inside Jacob/Selmak's head for a while. Also, I think there was a bit of parental worry sneaking into his remarks.

One of my favorites from season 4, even though the speed of the prototype ship doesn't really sound credible. They got to Jupiter pretty fast... but I am willing to ignore this little thingy and enjoy the episode as it is.

i like this episode. the ship turned against them lol. it was a good concept having a ship earth made from studying gou'ld death gliders turning against them and taking them into space. they really really have a bad history when it comes to alien ships

Air Force Chief of Staff mrscopterdoc's Avatar

Jack was so funny but isn't he always?

Probie

For a pretty straight forward episode, I really liked this episode. Especially the space scenes the 3D crew developed

Exploring space and time with the 9th doctor

Loved this one, and oxygen-starved Jack was funny. Great FX, and I'm glad they've toned down Carter's eyeliner a bit.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/manephelien/avatars/deadtribbles.jpg

Default Re: Tangent's made-up physics

Quote Originally Posted by Major Tyler View Post
    Okay, humans cannot survive in a vacuum completely unharmed. Maybe Jaffa, sure, but not Jack. Even if he was alive when they brought him aboard with the ring transporter, he'd be in critical need of medical care. It wouldn't just be "ow, my head hurts." I do believe Jack could survive, but not without intensive care.

Does anyone have any contradicting information that won't make me lose faith in SG-1's scientific advisors?
    I would forgive them for overlooking this fact because it was just random to see these two floating randomly in space LOL

Chief Master Sergeant ChulaksPrincess's Avatar

I wondered about the realistic facts of Jack's survival, but oh, well, this is Science Fiction, and I guess anything can happen.
    "I choose freedom." Teal'c Threshold
    "To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important." Teal'c Stronghold

Quote Originally Posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
    Jack was so funny but isn't he always?

lol yes, and some times a little random... but it's all part of his charm.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
    "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
    a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Staff Sergeant

Several hundred years to return to Apophis' homeworld without a hyperdrive? That has to be a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Pond Hopper View Post
    Several hundred years to return to Apophis' homeworld without a hyperdrive? That has to be a mistake.
    Carter has underestimated the hataks on more than on occassion...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
    "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
    a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Staff Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaeclipse View Post
    Carter has underestimated the hataks on more than on occassion...
    Yes but this is Teal'c talking about a Death glider.

Quote Originally Posted by Pond Hopper View Post
    Yes but this is Teal'c talking about a Death glider.
    Oh yeah. It's been too long since I've watched that ep. Sometimes I forget that Teal'c knows about the death gliders. and stuff.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast