This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jaffa guards

Hey, we've had the Horus guard, and the Serpent guard, and Teal'c mentioned another group, but have we eve gotten any more info on these guys? I mean, don't the other System lords have their own Guards? or just Apophis and Ra?
    You go ahead, I'll be right behind you (In an F-302)
    And now for a completely unconnected series of random smilies:

Heres the head symbols - http://www.chevron26.com/mythology/esymbol.html
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Yeah, but do they all have their own special headgear and all?

Comment

I dont think so ... maybe but I dont recall them having special headgear
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Ah. Hey just wondering at the same time but what do you call a Goa'uld cruiser? Not the Ha'taks, I'm sure they had a smaller class of cruiser.

Comment

Apophis, Ra, and Anubis have them from what I can see.

Oh and Set has one too but we never see them but in Teal'c's jaffa joke he mentioned a Setish guard's nose wet or something.
            We are followers of eternal Hathor!!

"We are the queen of the Gods, we are the mother of all Gods."

Comment

"The serpent Guard's Eyes glow, the Horus guard's beak glistens, the Setesh Guard's nose drips. "

That Jaffa joke?

Comment

Originally posted by Indum'kra
                Ah. Hey just wondering at the same time but what do you call a Goa'uld cruiser? Not the Ha'taks, I'm sure they had a smaller class of cruiser.
                The al'kesh is periodically referred to as a cruiser; there's also a heavy transport ship of some kind, seen in Last Stand and Full Circle.

ETA: No-one else gets their own funky helmets because the PTB abandoned the helmets as impractical for filming purposes.
                Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by drronin112
                  "The serpent Guard's Eyes glow, the Horus guard's beak glistens, the Setesh Guard's nose drips. "

That Jaffa joke?

whats with that joke?

i don't gettit!

Heru'ur is a God, he will rise and take revenge

Comment

Originally posted by Heru'urs_first_prime
                    whats with that joke?

i don't gettit!
                    it's a Jaffa thing....

Comment

Heres the full joke:
                      TEAL’C : Because the creature represents SETESH, the helmets of the Setesh guard have continued to be a source of many jokes among the Jaffa.

O’NEILL : Jaffa jokes? Let’s here one of them.

TEAL’C : I shall attempt to translate O’Neill. A Serpent Guard, a Horus Guard and a Setesh Guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The Serpent Guard’s eyes glow! The Horus Guard’s beak glistens! The Setesh Guard’s…nose drips.

He starts laughing, but stops when none of the others join in. There is a long, awkward moment.
                      love Torri

Comment

Working...
                      X