This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GateWorld Suggestion Box

Season nine is the first season i have seen with full development through (to renewal annoucment, first epiosde titles, to airing)....so i dont know when all this is supposed to happen.....first of all, will there be a link to season nine at the bottom of the episode guide?...it only goes up to season eight (it is at the very bottom with the white backround)......and since season 7 is in full syndication when will you merge the season 7 folder in the forums with seasons 1 through 6? Thank you in advance!

They will have to change the bottom banner to S1, S2 etc. instead of the full names because otherwise it wont fit

I am sure that the season 7 folder will be moved in due course

Next time post stuff like this in the 'Ask the Mods' thread
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

We're a little tight on spacing for the footer navigation. It will probably be removed altogether, eventually.

The current season in syndication gets to have its own folder here on the forum, for those who are syndication-only viewers to enjoy. When Season Eight starts in three weeks we'll merge the Season Seven folder in with S1-6.
      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Thanks for letting us know Darren

Comment

hi there i will get straight to the point

this is a v bulletin forum or whatever it is so on other (less exciting and more dormant forums) the menu at the bottom allows the user to change the color of the set up, i like the blue but it would be nice to be able to chage the veiwing color to a selection to make it easier on the eyes at times and just to change the mood each day.

its not really a grip just that i was wondering.
          For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

What are you talking about can we do this already? change colors and stuff, okay i admit im confused!!

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C
              What are you talking about can we do this already? change colors and stuff, okay i admit im confused!!
              ok now im confused as well.

what i mean is that we could have the menu to chage the color of the text and the screen when we veiw the forum not just the text in the post menu i mena the whole web pages if thats possible to do so but as far as im aware i cannot but i shall have a look into this again. fingers crossed X
              For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Hello, Mods:

Just wondering: A few weeks ago I noticed my posts (and others) stopped accumulating. They froze for almost 2 days, just as I was approaching my first 100 mark. Is this supposed to happen? Is there some rule that posts stop tabulating, such as when one makes mulitple posts in a single thread, or single session? When they began tabulating again, it was only from that moment only, and the previous posts just didn't get counted.

Also even as a registered member, I notice the footer says "You may NOT post new threads." Any info on that, too?

Just wondering. Thanks.

Just sayin'.
                MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                sigpic
                Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Is there a reason why you guys are posting this stuff here instead of on the ASK THE MODS thread? Because if you're asking forum-related questions, you're likely to get a much faster answer there since it's a thread the mods check regularly.

And if you've been posting in any of the Off Topic/Offworld sections, your posts don't count. Beyond that... *shrug* Get one of the mods to pester Greg about it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                    Is there a reason why you guys are posting this stuff here instead of on the ASK THE MODS thread? Because if you're asking forum-related questions, you're likely to get a much faster answer there since it's a thread the mods check regularly.

And if you've been posting in any of the Off Topic/Offworld sections, your posts don't count. Beyond that... *shrug* Get one of the mods to pester Greg about it.
                    Oh. That makes sense. I popped in and saw the previous question, and thought this was The Place. Thanks for the tip, I'm out!

Just sayin'.
                    MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                    sigpic
                    Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

vBulletin does allow us to create multiple "skins" for the forum -- different templates, backgrounds, color scheme, etc. etc. This is not something we have taken the time to implement, nor is it a very high priority.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                        vBulletin does allow us to create multiple "skins" for the forum -- different templates, backgrounds, color scheme, etc. etc. This is not something we have taken the time to implement, nor is it a very high priority.
                        yea its kinda optional and i trust you guys to do a goodjob
                        My Blog - - Raise The Fist

Comment

Hello,
                          So there's been a recent influx of people wanting to make their mark on Gw, from making deleted threads public to the removal of post counts; so to address this i have created a place that we, the members can suggest things that we would either like to see or think would be great addition to the forum, or more negatively things that we dont like to the mods, more accurately to darran and greg.
                          Now this thread will in no way be the place to tell mods, darren, greg and the people who have created this digital sandbox how to run things. However it is a place for suggestions that can either be taken on board or just be left as record of how whiny people can be

So just to start things off ill make my own suggestion that a display option that would enable me to sort all the threads that i have posted in to the top of the board and then by date etc would really be usefull.

If you have any suggestions regarding the forum then post them here: 3 rules:
                          Keep it PG,
                          keep it polite
                          keep it within reason

Have fun and be nice

Immhotep
                          Last edited by immhotep; 13 July 2010, 05:19 AM.
                          sigpic
                          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                          Stargate : Genesis |
                          Original Starship DesignThread
                          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                          11000! green me

Comment

Thanks for this thread!

Please also bear in mind that we have certain limitations in Making Ever Fan's Wish Come True, including the limitations of the vBulletin forum software, limited development time from Darren and Greg, conflicting wishes from different fans, etc.

If you have a question for the mods rather than a general suggestion card to drop in the box, please use the Ask the Mods thread instead.

Comment

Third rule, within reason means within the technical and logistical capability of GWF.
                              Another surgestion is regarding rep points, or the viewing of them, right now i can only see 30-50 of them, the most recent but i have 500 or so. Could we be able to see them all in some kind of rep history system, its always nice to read the comments.
                              sigpic
                              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                              Stargate : Genesis |
                              Original Starship DesignThread
                              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                              11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                              X