No announcement yet.

Point of No Return (411)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This episode reminded me so much of a Men in Black movie haha. Had a great time with it.

6/10

Comment

Originally posted by StarFan95 View Post
      This episode reminded me so much of a Men in Black movie haha. Had a great time with it.

6/10
      And Agent "K" likes to read the same newspapers as Teal'c.

Comment

Really great performance by Willie Garson. The geeky guy next door who wasn't...
        sigpic

Comment

Aw, I love this episode so much. Martin Lloyd is so adorkable, and his story is so sad. Though, I always wonder what happened the moment the 5 of them decided to abandon the ship and allow themselves to crash on planet Earth. Did he agree, or did he get overruled, or did he agree at the time but in hindsight realized he had chosen wrong. Or did they clunk him over the head and take him along because they didn't want to leave him behind. I mean, they could have left him behind so Martin is right when he says they aren't bad people.

It's one of those really good Earth-based episodes, and Willie Garson is an absolutely fantastic guest actor to have. And it's great to see the team in a different setting. Teal'c trying to blend in and doing investigative work with the others. Also, Teal'c on the motel-bed...

How would you rate SG-1's "Point of No Return?"

Excellent
          Good
          Fair
          Poor
          Terrible

I would also like to give a special shout-out to the people who created all the video screen animations and the 3D objects we always get to admire in briefings or otherwise. That's creativity at work and I love it.

++++++++++++

Finished week 26 a day into week 27 but here are the 3-episode quiz for last week (which also covered week 25, which I already posted): Scorched Earth, Beneath The Surface & Point Of No Return

Jigsaw: Point Of No Return
          Last edited by Falcon Horus; 09 April 2018, 05:35 AM.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

It seems like their are more Earth episodes in S4 and S5. I kind of like this episode for that reason. I like it shows a conspiracy theorist is actually right for a change. Although unlike FH, I find Martin Lloyd annoying. I give it a good.

Perfect score on quiz and 7 minutes 49 seconds
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Like I said, pretty consistent timings --> 8:46

Comment

13:12
                http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

That's an esthetically pleasing time.

Comment

esthetically

That's a big word for a little girl.
                    http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

One of the words I use the most, even in daily conversation.

Comment

11:58

I love this episode! Marty was right all along-- he is alien. Unfortunately, his world was destroyed.

I loved the whole scene when Teal'c got the quarters from Jack to him on the vibrating bed--hilarious!

Teal'c's "It would appear this weapon is ineffective" gave me a chuckle.

Marty was sweet.

Comment

Error:

1.Martin's people arrived to the clearing after the previous scenes, so the grass should be walked off around the escape pod.
                          http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/4x11/01.jpg
                          http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/4x11/02.jpg
                          http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/4x11/03.jpg
                          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

So I'm new here and I know this was mentioned at the start of the thread, but Martin having dreams with a set of symbols with Earth (Egypt gate) as the point of origin does not make sense. Presumably Martin's ship arrived before the Stargate program was active. If that is the case there would have been 2 stargates on Earth. The original in Antarctica and the one from Egypt. How would they have known which gate was active and what the point of origin would be? I guess a better question is which gate takes precedence when there are multiples and would switching gates switch the point of origin symbol?

Comment

Could it be an oversight?

The point of origin is the same for both gates, and the active one is the one that has a DHD attached to it. Since the antarctic gate is much older than the Egypt one, that would have taken precendence over the Egypt gate but it was frozen over so the gate in Egypt was the only active one when the Goa'uld visited Earth to collect slaves.

Also, welcome to Gateworld!

Comment

He also knew who O'neill was and the nature of the Stargate program. It appears that he was researching the SGC at some point after its inception because he wanted to use Earth's Stargate to get home. That's how he learned everything he did, including the address he dreamed of with the Alpha gate's point of origin, but before he could act on what he learned the others drugged him.

Comment

Working...
                                X