No announcement yet.

Point of No Return (411)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like it but I don't love it. It has its moments. Murry on the virbrating bed for example haha.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jae'a View Post
      I prefer Martin's other two episodes, (yeah, I like the funny ones ) but you can have them without this one, of course.
      Whereas I prefer this to the other two because it's funny without being silly.

Seaboe
      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
        Whereas I prefer this to the other two because it's funny without being silly.
        Me, too, and for the same reason. The other two have a lot inside joking about the television industry. They feel self-indulgent, which isn't an awful thing, but I have no interest in TV industry politics, jokes, etc.

The opening of the epsiode -- the recorded phone message -- is hilarious.

Comment

Ah the first of many SG1 episodes that involve stakeouts. I even love Daniel's line of are we suppose to bring doughnuts. It has nothing to do with the NID which is why I like it so much. It is something different then the planet of the week stories and I find it interesting to see the covert goverment watching some crackpots believe in. It is also interesting to see the insight into Marty and his role as an alien and the role Tanner and his men did to hide the secret from the local population of Earth. But how do you hide an explosion that big?
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

I am dense with this episode as well. Marty a SOLDIER in intergalactic war against the goa'uld who they couldn't defeat? Doesn't make sense. Also, even if they arrived on Earth, it means they are advanced enough to engage in intergalactic travel without a stargate, so how did Marty find out about the idea of stargate, not to mention SGC and O'Neil??
            What did his "friends" mean by the "experiment"?? It was their escape pod. Do these aliens return for another episode, and had Marty been more sophisticated he could have even been integrated into the SGC.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
              I am dense with this episode as well. Marty a SOLDIER in intergalactic war against the goa'uld who they couldn't defeat? Doesn't make sense. Also, even if they arrived on Earth, it means they are advanced enough to engage in intergalactic travel without a stargate, so how did Marty find out about the idea of stargate, not to mention SGC and O'Neil??
              What did his "friends" mean by the "experiment"?? It was their escape pod. Do these aliens return for another episode, and had Marty been more sophisticated he could have even been integrated into the SGC.
              You should probably watch

Spoiler:
              Wormhole X-treme! and maybe 200
              to understand Martin and his background better.
              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Thanks. I didn't get past season 4 yet...........Anyway, can Marty tell us how he got the phone number for the SGC? And if he could get their number, he could get any number, including......Maybourne's.......
                And isn't his home planet worth further investigation reconnaissance to find out what happened there, what their society was like, weaponry, technology, etc.??? It seemed as if Marty's cotravelers didn't know anything about a stargate and were mystified about what Teal'c had in his belly. Presumably if they were fighting the goa'ulds they would have known about the Jaffa.....

Comment

Dave2, a number of the questions in your first post would be answered if you listened to the commentary. As for the phone number--there is almost certainly a public contact number for the base (Cheyenne Mountain). From there the call would be routed to the appropriate people. I take it you don't work for a large corporation...

Seaboe
                  If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

No, but the SGC is a top secret operation even only ostensibly under the oversight of the President and the Joint Chiefs. So how is it likely for the SGC Cheyenne Mountain operation to have an accessible phone number?

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                    Dave2, a number of the questions in your first post would be answered if you listened to the commentary. As for the phone number--there is almost certainly a public contact number for the base (Cheyenne Mountain). From there the call would be routed to the appropriate people. I take it you don't work for a large corporation...

Seaboe

Comment

No, but the SGC is a top secret operation even only ostensibly under the oversight of the President and the Joint Chiefs. So how is it likely for the SGC Cheyenne Mountain operation to have an accessible phone number?
                      Phone number for Norad: (719) 554-6889.

That took me less than a minute to find. And Marty explained that he learned about the SGC on conspiracy websites that talked about a secret base below norad in Cheyenne mountain. He would have had no problem making that call. The operator took Marty's call; recorded it and passed it on to Hammond.

Comment

What hlndncr said. Marty didn't need a number for the SGC. He only needed a number for Cheyenne Mountain.

Seaboe

Comment

And let me just say that you probably shouldn't call that number and ask to speak with someone at Stargate Command. Although, I'm willing to bet you wouldn't be the first to do so.

You can however call them and ask where Santa is. They've been tracking his sleigh since 1955.

Comment

Apparently Jay Felger gave it to his Mom. She called him in his lab at the SGC in "Avenger 2.0".

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                              Apparently Jay Felger gave it to his Mom. She called him in his lab at the SGC in "Avenger 2.0".
                              I work for a very large corporation (150,000 employees world wide, plus subsidiaries). I have a direct dial number, which I could give my mother. But if you call the general number for my corporation, they won't give you my direct dial unless you prove you also work for the same corporation. They will connect you to me (or my voice mail), but they won't give out the number.

My guess is that Jay's lab has a direct dial number, which he gave his mother for emergency use only. His mother's interpretation of 'emergency' however, is flexible.

Seaboe

Comment

OK, but Norad is not the SGC. And where did he hear of the stargate to begin with and O'Neil?

Comment

Working...
                                X