Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meh, it was an okay episode

Comment

Was I the only one that thought Marty's house was hella cool? Anyway, I thought it was funny that they were poking fun at conspiracy theorists when the entire Stargate premise is based off a real conspiracy theory. Pretty funny stuff, with a nice twist.

At any rate, I had gotten "Groundhog Day" out of the library because I heard it was what they based "Window of Opportunity" off of - and it has the guy who plays Marty in it! He only has like two lines, but he's there in the news studio in the beginning. He's about ten years less bald, but that really doesn't mean much.

Coincidentally, I watched Total Recall for the first time yesterday...and it has the guy who plays Senator Kinsey as the evil politician! Talk about'cher type casting.

I would definitely reccommend both movies, but for opposite reasons.

Comment

This ep is a nice funny ep like wormhole extreme that people dont really aprecciate cos they find Marty to dorky. Ive got to say that The virbrating bed scene is classic and funny it rules.
        Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Shouldn't we have donuts or something.

I really like this ep. Yet another good one-off team ep. Oh how I miss these.

EDIT: More from this ep.
          He goes on like this for awhile...... quite awhile.
          Check please
          Look familar?
          what is that... a duck?
          Murray?
          more and more and more,
          Little stuff like the leaf on Martins head... funny stuff.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

It was Teal'c humming, wasn't it? I think so.
            At the beginning in the restaurant it sort of had a detective show feel.
            I remember watching this one, a couple times in a row, right when I first started watching Stargate. It brings back fond memories of when I first got hooked.
            "Do you people practice being vague?"

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
              Shouldn't we have donuts or something.

I really like this ep. Yet another good one-off team ep. Oh how I miss these.

EDIT: More from this ep.
              He goes on like this for awhile...... quite awhile.
              Check please
              Look familar?
              what is that... a duck?
              Murray?
              more and more and more,
              Little stuff like the leaf on Martins head... funny stuff.
              I LOVE this episode!

"what is that... a duck?" just kills me. That whole scene with the "aliens" and the laptop and the image of junior in Teal'c's tummy reminds me somehow of a few client meetings I've had. I've seen that look on their faces, too.

Comment

I just watched this episode last night on DVD. Teal'c had some great scenes. Taking coins from Jack to use on the bed and then laying down with such a satisfied smile cracks me up every time. His little stint as a chef was great as well. Judge can get away with not saying anything and be the funniest part of the show. I loved the intro too btw, "I was just about to do something important." - Jack
                "I killed a city once. Funny story." - Wolverine

Comment

Originally posted by solar wind
                  It was Teal'c humming, wasn't it? I think so.
                  i dont think it was teal'c or o'neill humming but i think it came from the tv. that black and white film he was watching because the humming stopped after the tv was switched off.

overall this an average episode really boring in some places but there were some funny bits such as teal'c asking for more coins for the machine.

Comment

Originally posted by andrelage
                    i dont think it was teal'c or o'neill humming but i think it came from the tv. that black and white film he was watching because the humming stopped after the tv was switched off.

overall this an average episode really boring in some places but there were some funny bits such as teal'c asking for more coins for the machine.
                    In the commentary for the episode they said it would have been too expensive to get permission to use the movie soundtrack so RDA hummed.

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
                      This ep is a nice funny ep like wormhole extreme that people dont really aprecciate cos they find Marty to dorky. Ive got to say that The virbrating bed scene is classic and funny it rules.
                      It is funny, but IMHO, not completely over the top like WE.

Comment

I've started a thread about bringing Tanner and company back for at least one episode in Season 10, http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=24878 . So far all of the responses have been negative.

Comment

hey i disagree

Comment

This one is airing on Space tommorrow (for us in Canada) I'm looking forward to it!
                            "Do you people practice being vague?"

Comment

I love Murray!

Comment

I forgot how much i liked this episode, it was comical and had some level of believability to it, nice twist of ideas with the conspiracy theories, lizard people and president assasination not to mention the microwave harrasment lol
                                Can't wait for the 200th episode here's to that [_])
                                For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Working...
                                X