• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Point of No Return (411)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON FOUR
    EPISODE NUMBER - 411

SG-1 investigates a conspiracy theorist who has detailed knowledge of the Stargate program.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 06 February 2021, 09:25 PM.

I was just watching that episode on DVD and there was something that confused me. When Marty talks about his dreams and visions he tells Jack that he sometimes sees symbols which are as we know when he show them to Jack are gate coordinates. I was wondering why he knows what the piont of origin symbol of earth looks like. I mean his visions are fragments of his memory, right, and he and the others came to earth by a spaceship so how can he know the PoO symbol?

Comment

Well, his culture was pretty advanced. Maybe they had a record of where they came from or figured out what Earth's PoO was by cross referencing the symbols on their gate with the addresses they had visited.

Short answer, though, is that it served the plot...

Comment

I always look forward to the motel room scene with 'Murray', Jack and Marty. Teal'c laying on that bed just cracks me up for some reason. And I want to know who is humming in that scene!
        "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

Is that where Teal'c is laying on the vibrating bed? I'm sure it is and he goes to O'Neill for more quarters
          __

__

Comment

Originally posted by omnian
            I always look forward to the motel room scene with 'Murray', Jack and Marty. Teal'c laying on that bed just cracks me up for some reason. And I want to know who is humming in that scene!

I know what you mean that is always one of my favorite scenes in that episode. and I always thought it was Jack humming.
            sigpic muppet the ship puppy is hoping for some good ship
            Hoping for some kisses and so on.

Comment

I think it was Jack humming. Who else?
              __

__

Comment

IIRC on the DVD Commentaires they say that it is RDA who decided to hum because they way the copyright issued worked for that movie they could get the video for free but they would have had to pay for the audio, so RDA said 'I'll hum'.
                ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

What did he hum?

Madeleine

Comment

IIRC he kind of sounded like a spaceship at one point, otherwise I think it was just random humming.
                    ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                    The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

It wasn't nothing out of the ordinary, as bcm rightly said just something normal and strange!
                      __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                        What did he hum?
                        I'm not a hundred percent sure, but I think he is humming the thrme tune to "The Day The Earth Stood Still", the film he is watching.
                        sigpic

Comment

i was watching this episode and had to laugh, as a Montanan and one who has visited Billings twice, it is nothing like in the stargate ep.

it would be great if it was, the real billings is fairly barren, mostly small shrubs and field grass, there are a few mountains in the distance, but it is flat. it's not the semi-rain forest like in the show.

i know the 'billings' was really Vancouver area, British Columbia. i thought that the disparity was kind of funny.
                          Jack:"Oh I don't know I just can't imagine cute little furry things making big powerful weapons"
                          Jonas:"I don't even know what they look like"
                          Jack:"Furling, sounds cute and fuzzy to me"
                          --Paradise Lost 615
                          Thor: "We can only hope this is the last footwear to fall"
                          --Unnatural Selection 612
                          Jack: I'm Larry, this is (points to Sam) Moe, and of course everybody's favorite (referring to Daniel) Curly.
                          --Seth 302

"Nu ani Anquiatas" - "We are the ancients"

Comment

Was it from that film? No wonder I didn't know, I haven't seen it I don't recall
                            __

__

Comment

Martin Loyd is a cool character and there is a fair amount of comedy in this episode.

Comment

Working...
                              X