Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Point of No Return (411)

Quote Originally Posted by mcdonis
    This episode really was a let down for me. On most comedy eps I really enjoy them, but for this plot idea I think it would have been an excellent serious episode.

I agree that they could have made a lot more seriousness of the episode in general, but my guess is they wanted a comedy type of show here and there. I don't mid them as long as they do actually have purporse!

I always look forward to the motel room scene with 'Murray', Jack and Marty. Teal'c laying on that bed just cracks me up for some reason. And I want to know who is humming in that scene!
    yeah, I think it's cool that Teal'c just walks to Jack and raises his hands and Jack knows what he means, it's just to funny for words LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Jwizzman
    yeah, I think it's cool that Teal'c just walks to Jack and raises his hands and Jack knows what he means, it's just to funny for words LOL

Doesn't Teal'c run out of money and ask O'Neill for more?

Quote Originally Posted by Jwizzman
    That was a hilarious scene. Loved Marty.

I thought it was funny when they were searching Marty's house and teal'c picks up and fires the toy gun and says "this weapon appears to be ineffective"
    "No Buzz I AM your Father" Zurg Toy Story 2

"I'll level with you Bob My names not Kirk it's Skywalker Luke Skywalker" O'Neill 1969

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis
    Doesn't Teal'c run out of money and ask O'Neill for more?
    lol i loved that, it was sooo funny and the smile!

Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

I liked this episode. It was funny. I wish they had more info on the others who were with Marty.

See that look Teal'c gives Marty when O'neill hands him the pills and walks out the door? It makes me think: "You want pills? You give me quarters."

I think marty made this episode and lets face it without him a later epidode wouldn't happen. I liked the way they turned the episode from weird geek who knows too much, to an alien who is speaking the truth. Some really funny scenes in it as well almost all the ones with marty and someone else.
    MARTY-* Say guys thats a nice coloured van would you say it was a gray-green colour! (into his lapel)* seemed so out of place in any conversation which made it funny. I get the feeling him and jack got on, on quite a few levels. And teal'c with the vibrating bed wasn't commented on which is a shame.

Hmm not really a favourite of mine Muarray was good and T doing his usual thing on the vibrating bed!!

Second Lieutenant

Meh, it was an okay episode

Was I the only one that thought Marty's house was hella cool? Anyway, I thought it was funny that they were poking fun at conspiracy theorists when the entire Stargate premise is based off a real conspiracy theory. Pretty funny stuff, with a nice twist.

At any rate, I had gotten "Groundhog Day" out of the library because I heard it was what they based "Window of Opportunity" off of - and it has the guy who plays Marty in it! He only has like two lines, but he's there in the news studio in the beginning. He's about ten years less bald, but that really doesn't mean much.

Coincidentally, I watched Total Recall for the first time yesterday...and it has the guy who plays Senator Kinsey as the evil politician! Talk about'cher type casting.

I would definitely reccommend both movies, but for opposite reasons.

This ep is a nice funny ep like wormhole extreme that people dont really aprecciate cos they find Marty to dorky. Ive got to say that The virbrating bed scene is classic and funny it rules.
    Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Shouldn't we have donuts or something.

I really like this ep. Yet another good one-off team ep. Oh how I miss these.

EDIT: More from this ep.
    He goes on like this for awhile...... quite awhile.
    Check please
    Look familar?
    what is that... a duck?
    Murray?
    more and more and more,
    Little stuff like the leaf on Martins head... funny stuff.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

It was Teal'c humming, wasn't it? I think so.
    At the beginning in the restaurant it sort of had a detective show feel.
    I remember watching this one, a couple times in a row, right when I first started watching Stargate. It brings back fond memories of when I first got hooked.
    "Do you people practice being vague?"

Quote Originally Posted by AGateFan
    Shouldn't we have donuts or something.

I really like this ep. Yet another good one-off team ep. Oh how I miss these.

EDIT: More from this ep.
    He goes on like this for awhile...... quite awhile.
    Check please
    Look familar?
    what is that... a duck?
    Murray?
    more and more and more,
    Little stuff like the leaf on Martins head... funny stuff.
    I LOVE this episode!

"what is that... a duck?" just kills me. That whole scene with the "aliens" and the laptop and the image of junior in Teal'c's tummy reminds me somehow of a few client meetings I've had. I've seen that look on their faces, too.

I just watched this episode last night on DVD. Teal'c had some great scenes. Taking coins from Jack to use on the bed and then laying down with such a satisfied smile cracks me up every time. His little stint as a chef was great as well. Judge can get away with not saying anything and be the funniest part of the show. I loved the intro too btw, "I was just about to do something important." - Jack

Chief Master Sergeant andrelage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by solar wind
    It was Teal'c humming, wasn't it? I think so.
    i dont think it was teal'c or o'neill humming but i think it came from the tv. that black and white film he was watching because the humming stopped after the tv was switched off.

overall this an average episode really boring in some places but there were some funny bits such as teal'c asking for more coins for the machine.

Quote Originally Posted by andrelage
    i dont think it was teal'c or o'neill humming but i think it came from the tv. that black and white film he was watching because the humming stopped after the tv was switched off.

overall this an average episode really boring in some places but there were some funny bits such as teal'c asking for more coins for the machine.
    In the commentary for the episode they said it would have been too expensive to get permission to use the movie soundtrack so RDA hummed.

Quote Originally Posted by Metarock Sam
    This ep is a nice funny ep like wormhole extreme that people dont really aprecciate cos they find Marty to dorky. Ive got to say that The virbrating bed scene is classic and funny it rules.
    It is funny, but IMHO, not completely over the top like WE.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast