This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eddie izzard?

OK, i couldn't find a pic, but when we first see the guy who seems to be incharge of the priors, did he or did het not look even a little like eddie izzard? Not alot of people will know who he is, most Brits should though.

No he didnt
    Last edited by GateGipsy; 30 August 2005, 04:03 AM. Reason: deleted a negative personal remark
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

ummm... who's eddie???
      Is he an actor or something? if he is can you tell me a show he was in
      The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

this is him

gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by eoin
          ummm... who's eddie???
          Is he an actor or something? if he is can you tell me a show he was in
          Brilliant comedian from the UK. Like most british humor his comedy tends to take high brow subjects and make them low brow. As he's a huge history buff, many of his jokes will mean nothing to people who don't have at least a general understanding of world history (for example, he makes a joke about General Lafayette during his HBO special and, as expected, most of the American in the audience have no idea who he is). He also makes fun of religion in all its' forms, especially Catholicism and the Church of England. God, of course, is portrayed as sounding like James Mason which makes those bits even funnier.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0412850/

He hasn't had any major roles in American films but you may have seen him in Ocean's Twelve or Mystery Men.

Comment

He had a fairly large part as Charlie Chaplin in 'Cat's Meow' which I enjoyed.

I love his Dressed to Kill show. His summary of European History is hilarious. "Have you got a flag?" "Ciao!"

Comment

Now i remember him, and i completly agree with ya, [snipped by mods]
              Last edited by GateGipsy; 30 August 2005, 04:06 AM. Reason: Contained a negative personal remark

Comment

Strange the two guys that don't like him are from the UK. Perhaps y'all are from the places he tends to make fun of?

Comment

Originally posted by FeloniousMonk
                  Strange the two guys that don't like him are from the UK. Perhaps y'all are from the places he tends to make fun of?
                  Im not from the UK, im from Ireland

Comment

I just happen to not be a fan of his type of humour
                    love Torri

Comment

I dont think he's funny

Comment

Humour is subjective. I love his early stuff, but his newer material is less successful, in my own humble, of course. On the other hand, I think it's a bit strong to call someone who can do a successful comedy tour in a foreign language [snipped by mods], just because you don't think he's funny.
                        Last edited by GateGipsy; 30 August 2005, 04:07 AM. Reason: referred to an ealier moderated post
                        Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                        - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

OK guys, remember we have a strictly enforced no negative personal comments rule when it comes to talking about real people. Feel free to criticise someone's work - if you don't find a comedian funny or don't like an actor's style, then that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. But you can't call people names, make comments about them that are of a personal nature, start speculating on their personal lives etc.
                          sigpic

Comment

I loved his Raised By Wolves thing at Hysteria twelve years ago.

Madeleine

Comment

and what has that got to do with the topic of this thread?
                              love Torri

Comment

Working...
                              X