This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by illuminarok
    Or there will be an Atlantis twin called Camelot and the Ori will have taken it and brought it to the MW to fight us. This way we can see what Atlantis would look like if it had three Zed-PMs for full power, shields, drones, jumpers, warships, cloak, hyperspace travel and the whole works - without TPTB giving that kind of firepower to the lowly Tau'ri
    see that's the thing. Atlantis was built BEFORE the Ancients ascended. When they ascended, that got a whole lot of powers... powers greater than Atlantis. Therefore, the Orii don't need an Atlantis-twin city in order for it to show its full power.
    Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

I definitely wouldn't want to see that, Camelot, an Ori city, there would be no escape for the people of the Milky Way Galaxy. I want to know how they will discover Camelot, since it relates so clearly to Avalon, I believe Ancients/Altera will inhabit the city, or planet, there will be ships and other technology, I mean some of the Ancients were on Earth, for a time, after their return from Pegasus, we don't know if they actually lived here, they could have just visited from time to time, still there had to have been a planet that many of them made their home.

Comment

Originally posted by Origin
        ... if its done well a cliffhanger can be very exciting aswell
        You are very right in saying that, remeber Angel when it ended, the cliffhanger in the final episode was very effective and the best way to end the show. Plus when a show ends in a cliffhanger we, the fans, can write or think up our own endings so everyone gets the ending they want
        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderic
          see that's the thing. Atlantis was built BEFORE the Ancients ascended. When they ascended, that got a whole lot of powers... powers greater than Atlantis. Therefore, the Orii don't need an Atlantis-twin city in order for it to show its full power.
          actually we dont know when the ancients ascended yet
          they may well have started ascending before they even got to the MW
          one thing is for sure though atlantis was built by unascended ancients otherwise they would have no need for a city.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
          "Camelot is the name of the stronghold of the legendary King Arthur, from which he fought many of the battles that made up his life"

assuming camelot is an ancient outpost , do you think we will find vala there?

Comment

I just hope Season 9 sets up the Ori as the impossible to defeat bad guy, with disaster after disaster right up to the cliffhanger, and Season 10 is where we start gaining ground over them, but not much right up to the end, and then Season 11 is the turning point, leading into Season 12 being the conclusion and ultimate demise of the Ori. Finally ascended land is safe once again for Ancients and "others" alike, and they finally see us as more than just "lowers" because we saved them.
            Sorry Ori, I was born okay the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven
              actually we dont know when the ancients ascended yet
              they may well have started ascending before they even got to the MW
              one thing is for sure though atlantis was built by unascended ancients otherwise they would have no need for a city.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
              "Camelot is the name of the stronghold of the legendary King Arthur, from which he fought many of the battles that made up his life"

assuming camelot is an ancient outpost , do you think we will find vala there?
              Ok but even if they had ascended in the mw before going into Pegasus, they wouldn't have built Atlantis because once ascended, they can't interfere.
              Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Sure they could have build it when ascended, not because they can't interfere. But because they chose not to.
                They are making the rules after all, as far as we know.

Comment

I just hope Season 9 sets up the Ori as the impossible to defeat bad guy, with disaster after disaster right up to the cliffhanger, and Season 10 is where we start gaining ground over them, but not much right up to the end, and then Season 11 is the turning point, leading into Season 12 being the conclusion and ultimate demise of the Ori. Finally ascended land is safe once again for Ancients and "others" alike, and they finally see us as more than just "lowers" because we saved them.
                  It took eight years to defeat the Goa'uld. If they kill off the Ori that fast it would be stupid.
                  why won't my sig rotator work

Comment

Originally posted by Snork
                    It took eight years to defeat the Goa'uld. If they kill off the Ori that fast it would be stupid.
                    If they don't kill off the Ori that fast, we'll never know what happens, because I don't think Stargate can last much longer, 12 maybe 13 Seasons will be about the end of it, if that. I love stargate, and I'm glad it's here, but I know how TV Networks are.
                    Sorry Ori, I was born okay the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by Auralis
                      Sure they could have build it when ascended, not because they can't interfere. But because they chose not to.
                      They are making the rules after all, as far as we know.
                      no if they were ascended, they can't interfere or they are banished. ANY help to the lower plane of existence would get you banished like Orlin and Chaya.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderic
                        no if they were ascended, they can't interfere or they are banished. ANY help to the lower plane of existence would get you banished like Orlin and Chaya.
                        Banished by who though? Dont they banish themselves? They seem to police themselves.

The reason they choose not to interfere is because of incidents like the episode with Orlin. If they are one of, if the the first to ascend then they would be setting the rules and could have used their knowledge to build Alantis or whatever then at a later date they decided not to interfere with "lowers" and implemented those rules after already building Atlantis.

Comment

If they don't kill off the Ori that fast, we'll never know what happens, because I don't think Stargate can last much longer, 12 maybe 13 Seasons will be about the end of it, if that. I love stargate, and I'm glad it's here, but I know how TV Networks are.
                          Perhaps they can finish at 11-12 seasons, and just make a strong finish in another motion picture. One that would definetely be worth going to more than once.

Comment

Working...
                          X