This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camelot the cliffhanger

Camelot, the season finale of season 9, i as you all know, a cliffhanger. What we have also been told is that the story will have been written before the show gets word of whether or not there will be a renewal, so what we could end up with is a nine year running show without a complete ending, I am not so sure that this is how I would want the show to end but on the other hand we would need something spectacular to giv ethe show a satisfactory ending, your thoughts?
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

It will definately get renewed

It was the same situation with season 8 - they thought Moebius would be the last episode I was happy that it wasnt because it wasnt really good enough to be the last ep ever
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
      ...they thought Moebius would be the last episode I was happy that it wasnt because it wasnt really good enough to be the last ep ever
      I agree with the Moebius comment, it was the only let down of season 8, it seemed to be there just for tying up with Atlantis. Threads would have been a good finale with Moebius airing just before Reckoning wit ha couple of scenes taken out, like the fishing scene at the end.

Baal: Yu cannot be serious
      O'Neill: Yes I can, I just choose not to sometimes.
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I agree that Moebius should have been shown first and then have Threads finish off the season
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

I HATE cliffhangers...

Comment

Well Camelot was the legendary stronghold of king Arthur. Maybe Camelot will end up being another Ancient city like atlantis or something. Maybe with Ancients still there?
            Before this day is done, I will feed on your buttery defiance

Comment

Originally posted by jenks
              I HATE cliffhangers...
              you are not alone in that.. but on the other hand, if its done well a cliffhanger can be very exciting aswell

--------------------------
              Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Both series have cliffhangers this season
                love Torri

Comment

Personally, I love cliffhangers, and if, for some reason, the series isn't renewed, it will just be par for the course for SciFi, won't it? Remember a little series called Farscape???? They needed a mini-series to tie up "loose ends"......and not very well, IMO.
                  On fighting:
                  Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                  Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                    Personally, I love cliffhangers, and if, for some reason, the series isn't renewed, it will just be par for the course for SciFi, won't it? Remember a little series called Farscape???? They needed a mini-series to tie up "loose ends"......and not very well, IMO.
                    Well... with "Farscape" mini-series they decided to shrink what was supposed to be 5th season (22 episodes) into 4 hours. Try to do it better... Saturn Awards for the best TV presentation anyone, btw? Not to mention 2 individual Saturns for Claudia and Ben (best TV actress/actor)
                    Let's hope there's gonna be 10th season of SG-1, I really hate un-resolved cliffhangers...

Comment

Originally posted by Kalliope
                      Well... with "Farscape" mini-series they decided to shrink what was supposed to be 5th season (22 episodes) into 4 hours. Try to do it better... Saturn Awards for the best TV presentation anyone, btw? Not to mention 2 individual Saturns for Claudia and Ben (best TV actress/actor)
                      Let's hope there's gonna be 10th season of SG-1, I really hate un-resolved cliffhangers...
                      Please don't get me wrong, I didn't mean to imply that the mini-series, The Peacekeeper Wars was done badly, I loved it. I just wanted MORE!!!!! Four hours just wasn't enough, for me.

As for a season 10, I'm 99.9% certain, there WILL be a season 10. But my fingers will remain crossed, as well as my eyes, until the "official" announcement is made.
                      On fighting:
                      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                        Please don't get me wrong, I didn't mean to imply that the mini-series, The Peacekeeper Wars was done badly, I loved it. I just wanted MORE!!!!! Four hours just wasn't enough, for me.
                        We all wanted more, but "thanks to" stupid SciFi Channel we got only this what was possible in this particular moment... if Scapers all around the world wouldn't scream loud enough we didn't get it at all. If Joss Whedon's "Serenity" is going to be OK, there's a chance that big screen "Farscape" is possible too in the future, especially that they've always wanted to do it

Comment

On a small side-note, man would I love a Farscape movie. Definitely would be sweet.

Now, on topic, I think the show will definitely get renewed for a tenth season. I just think there are still too many good stories to tell for this show to end this season. Hopefully many of you feel the same way I do, and keep watching this season. That should make the renewal an easy decision, I hope.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Funny how I signed out two books "Knight Life" and "One Knight Only" by Peter David from the public library right before the final season titles were announced. The books are about King Arthur in the 21st century with Merlin, Modred, Morgan Le Fay, Gwen (his queen), Percival, Lancelot and the rest of the lot. It's really cool and refers back to Camelot and such.

I think Camelot will be on Earth like Avalon. However, because we know Merlin, an Ancient, there will be Ancient tech there. AND when SG-1 discover it, they will not only find out about Percival's Quest for the Holy Grail but also how it relates to the Orii, which will ultimately lead to a cliffhanger and in season 10's opener, they will find Merlin, Arthur and maybe Percival in Avalon in statis chambers and have to revive them to help find the Holy Grail to use on the Orii.
                            Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderic
                              Funny how I signed out two books "Knight Life" and "One Knight Only" by Peter David from the public library right before the final season titles were announced. The books are about King Arthur in the 21st century with Merlin, Modred, Morgan Le Fay, Gwen (his queen), Percival, Lancelot and the rest of the lot. It's really cool and refers back to Camelot and such.

I think Camelot will be on Earth like Avalon. However, because we know Merlin, an Ancient, there will be Ancient tech there. AND when SG-1 discover it, they will not only find out about Percival's Quest for the Holy Grail but also how it relates to the Orii, which will ultimately lead to a cliffhanger and in season 10's opener, they will find Merlin, Arthur and maybe Percival in Avalon in statis chambers and have to revive them to help find the Holy Grail to use on the Orii.
                              Or there will be an Atlantis twin called Camelot and the Ori will have taken it and brought it to the MW to fight us. This way we can see what Atlantis would look like if it had three Zed-PMs for full power, shields, drones, jumpers, warships, cloak, hyperspace travel and the whole works - without TPTB giving that kind of firepower to the lowly Tau'ri
                              Sorry Ori, I was born okay the first time.

Comment

Working...
                              X